A selfish reason for the disappointment of this loss ...

sami

... is not being able to watch this team play any more, and never seeing JJJ, SV, and DK in orange and white again. I'm so proud of this group.

This was such an incredibly fun season and a really easy team to like and root for, it sucks that it's over, just like that. Coach Barnes has done a remarkable job at UT, and has the program at such a great place right now, but to never see this group again is such a letdown.

We may never see the likes of a Dalton Knecht again, so I hope everyone appreciates the opportunity we had to see a truly generational talent and one of the 3-4 greatest players to ever come through here, like a shooting star. Damn shame that it was for only one season, and here's wishing him all the success in the NBA that he deserves with all the work he puts in.

Josiah and Santi have been such a huge part of UT basketball, and have represented both the university and city with nothing but class and have given everything they have to this program. I can only hope they both return in some way in the future, because they are people you want to be involved with the program, true VFL's.

Looking forward to next season, with a solid core led by ZZ and Shack, and a promising group of young guys and who knows from the transfer portal.

Last edited:
... is not being able to watch this team play any more, and never seeing JJJ, SV, and DK in orange and white again. I'm so proud of this group.

This was such an incredibly fun season and a really easy team to like and root for, it sucks that it's over, just like that. Coach Barnes has done a remarkable job at UT, and has the program at such a great place right now, but to never see this group again is such a letdown.

We may never see the likes of a Dalton Knecht again, so I hope everyone appreciates the opportunity we had to see a truly generational talent and one of the 3-4 greatest players to ever come through here, like a shooting star. Damn shame that it was for only one season, and here's wishing him all the success in the NBA that he deserves with all the work he puts in.

Josiah and Santi have been such a huge part of UT basketball, and have represented both the university and city with nothing but class and have given everything they have to this program. I can only hope they both return in some way in the future, because they are people you want to be involved with the program, true VFL's.

Looking forward to next season, with a solid core led by ZZ and Shack, and a promising group of young guys and who knows from the transfer portal.
Ditto on all your viewpoints. It was an amazing ride and I do appreciate the hard work all the players and coaches put in to give their all for Tennessee. I’ve seen a bunch of seasons come and go, and this one surely ranks as one of the best I’ve ever seen.

The number of great human beings in our program can surely be second to none. JJJ and Santi, and the rest of the guys are truly remarkable. I can’t remember ever looking forward to watching another player more than Dalton each week. It was basketball artistry at its finest.

These guys will impact so many people in a positive way moving forward. Good luck to the guys!

Ditto on all your viewpoints. It was an amazing ride and I do appreciate the hard work all the players and coaches put in to give their all for Tennessee. I’ve seen a bunch of seasons come and go, and this one surely ranks as one of the best I’ve ever seen.

The number of great human beings in our program can surely be second to none. JJJ and Santi, and the rest of the guys are truly remarkable. I can’t remember ever looking forward to watching another player more than Dalton each week. It was basketball artistry at its finest.

These guys will impact so many people in a positive way moving forward. Good luck to the guys!

Yeah, agreed on all. I've never been a "root fot the jersey" type fan, I need to like the players I'm expending time and energy to support. This is one of the easiest teams to like in any sport that I can remember, high level character throughout the roster and coaching staff.

I feel for people who base everything on results and don't really enjoy the journey, the ups and downs of a season. I truly thought this was a FF team, and still feel that way. The fact that it didn't happen doesn't diminish the season they had or the enjoyment of watching them one iota.

Losses in the NCAA tourney are always painful. Hate it for the seniors. This team had their fair share of low moments, but they always bounced back. Gritty team.

Reactions: sami
Yeah, agreed on all. I've never been a "root fot the jersey" type fan, I need to like the players I'm expending time and energy to support. This is one of the easiest teams to like in any sport that I can remember, high level character throughout the roster and coaching staff.

I feel for people who base everything on results and don't really enjoy the journey, the ups and downs of a season. I truly thought this was a FF team, and still feel that way. The fact that it didn't happen doesn't diminish the season they had or the enjoyment of watching them one iota.
Well said.

Reactions: sami

VN Store

Back