A question about Gibbs and Solomon.

Vfl2407

Can someone explain if there is some kind of specific criterion that they have to meet for the NCAA to declare them eligible to play this season.
As I understand it, players have to state why they left their previous school and enrolled at the new one.
Is that correct?
If so, what reasons did Gibbs and Solomon both give?
Thanks, in advance, for an answer.

One-time transfer exception: If you transfer from a four-year school, you may be immediately eligible to compete at your new school if you meet ALL the following conditions:

• You are transferring to a Division II or III school, or you are transferring to a Division I school in any sport other than baseball, men's or women's basketball, football (Football Bowl Subdivision) or men’s ice hockey. If you are transferring to a Division I school for any of the previously-listed sports, you may be eligible to compete immediately if you were not recruited by your original school and you have never received an athletics scholarship.
  • You are academically and athletically eligible at your previous four-year school.
  • You receive a transfer-release agreement from your previous four-year school.
Waiver: An action that sets aside an NCAA rule because a specific, extraordinary circumstance prevents you from meeting the rule. An NCAA school may file a waiver on your behalf; you cannot file a waiver for yourself. The school does not administer the waiver, the conference office or NCAA does.

One-time transfer exception: If you transfer from a four-year school, you may be immediately eligible to compete at your new school if you meet ALL the following conditions:

• You are transferring to a Division II or III school, or you are transferring to a Division I school in any sport other than baseball, men's or women's basketball, football (Football Bowl Subdivision) or men’s ice hockey. If you are transferring to a Division I school for any of the previously-listed sports, you may be eligible to compete immediately if you were not recruited by your original school and you have never received an athletics scholarship.
  • You are academically and athletically eligible at your previous four-year school.
  • You receive a transfer-release agreement from your previous four-year school.
Waiver: An action that sets aside an NCAA rule because a specific, extraordinary circumstance prevents you from meeting the rule. An NCAA school may file a waiver on your behalf; you cannot file a waiver for yourself. The school does not administer the waiver, the conference office or NCAA does.

Thanks, VFB. I wonder what specific, extraordinary circumstances they are using.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
It’s not really been made public on why they think they qualify for the waiver. There’s been some speculation, but nothing confirmed.

Reactions: Devo182
in a nut shell:
For others... "someone looked mean at me and I'm uncomfortable"... transfer granted
For UT...
th

Can someone explain if there is some kind of specific criterion that they have to meet for the NCAA to declare them eligible to play this season.
As I understand it, players have to state why they left their previous school and enrolled at the new one.
Is that correct?
If so, what reasons did Gibbs and Solomon both give?
Thanks, in advance, for an answer.

The criteria:

1. Declare you want transfer to big program such as tOSU, Miami, or Michigan
2. Hire the right attorney
3. Claim you were lied to or subjected to racism
4. Do not put a a program the NCAA bows down to (Ohio State or Bama) at disadvantage.

I don't recall it being said that UT actually applied for the waivers for these guys.For Gibbs & Soloman it has been a long wait if UT has applied.When the 5* QB from Ga.transferred to Ohio St. it took no time at all for a decision.I don't understand why this long unless UT has not yet applied? Anyone know if application has been filed?

Hey it’s Father’s Day so I’m going all “orange tinted optimism”. Gibbs, Solomon get clearance AND we get the Va Tech grad transfer in b-ball. Dark clouds that we thought may have lifted last year truly clear out and all our injured players come back with a vengeance, and we finally get players performing above expectations, rather than below.

OK...now back to our regularly scheduled program of “when will we be relevant again???”

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The medical waiver has a set of specific requirements but the hardship waiver is just up to the discretion of some beurocrat. The flat earthers might say they give preference to big schools, but there is no evidence of that outside just Fields. The reality is that these decisions are just as arbitrary as any other time the NCAA has to earn their paychecks and actually make a decision.

VN Store

Back