A Possible Path If Bowl Ban

Man, I hope you are correct, but please elaborate. If other states enforce a potential bowl ban, where would UT go - Bahama Bowl?

I feel UT will win the case and there will be no bowl ban, but what if?
Other states would have to pass some kind of legislation enabling them to regulate who could and could not participate in private sports contests. They can't just decide they don't like UT or even just agree with the NCAA.

There aren't really many direct links between the NCAA and state governments. They run into each other but they aren't connected.

Other states would have to pass some kind of legislation enabling them to regulate who could and could not participate in private sports contests. They can't just decide they don't like UT or even just agree with the NCAA.

There aren't really many direct links between the NCAA and state governments. They run into each other but they aren't connected.
But what I am saying is that the bowls themselves will enforce the NCAA ban by not extending the invitation. I don't believe the states would interfere with what the bowls do or don't do.

But what I am saying is that the bowls themselves will enforce the NCAA ban by not extending the invitation. I don't believe the states would interfere with what the bowls do or don't do.
I don't necessarily think they can directly. So the bowls would have to decide what is in their best interest. I personally do not see the NCAA as a very attractive ally right now.

If they deny UT then maybe the SEC cuts ties with the bowl. How much would that cost as opposed to the NCAA whimpering?

IMO, it won't get that far simply because to do so will be suicidal for the NCAA. First, there is no view of the merits that could end up in a win for them. Second, the major conferences have already come to the conclusion that the NCAA is no longer effective. They're starting to meet to make up their own rules.

Man, I hope you are correct, but please elaborate. If other states enforce a potential bowl ban, where would UT go - Bahama Bowl?

I feel UT will win the case and there will be no bowl ban, but what if?
There is no what if. What the NCAA is doing is illegal.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
What if Tennessee is not guilty of anything?

Name one instance where that has ever occurred? It has not. Bowls and the cities they reside in are money hogs and UT is their bounty.

Fellow Vol family, we are standing up to the shallow bully! I feel nothing will come of this....The bully "NCAA" is on one leg...just talking worthless smack. We may very well never hear another bleep from them again. So proud of our Admin. for saying NO DAMN MORE....Dead man walking they is!

GBO

Name one instance where that has ever occurred? It has not. Bowls and the cities they reside in are money hogs and UT is their bounty.
I cannot cite even one instance of where a school got a bowl ban and was offered a bowl bid anyway.

To say it another way, you and I have been in agreement since my 1st post.

VN Store

Back