A New Member USC

SCGAMECOCK11

This is not ment to be talking smack but i just want to know what UT fans think about South Carolinas class this year. I know myself have a great amount of respect for your recruiting class this year. What about ours?

This is not ment to be talking smack but i just want to know what UT fans think about South Carolinas class this year. I know myself have a great amount of respect for your recruiting class this year. What about ours?

you guys are having a great recruiting class. if you land dunlap it will be icing on the cake. i thinks i would still take ours though. talent wise up and down we have a good class.

Y'all will pull a clean, solid class but in the end y'all are still 'Cocks so I could care less, to say the least. :p

Y'all will pull a clean, solid class but in the end y'all are still 'Cocks so I could care less, to say the least. :p

yeah kirby your right and in the end we will always be gamecocks haha. I got a dead honest question for all of you....... how do you feel with spurrier coming to SC is going to affect yalls recruiting class and games between UT and SC in the future?

yeah kirby your right and in the end we will always be gamecocks haha. I got a dead honest question for all of you....... how do you feel with spurrier coming to SC is going to affect yalls recruiting class and games between UT and SC in the future?

Coming? He's been.

Anyways, South Carolina has never really been a recruiting hotbed for TN.

However, Spurrier is consistently plucking good players from the Southeast. So, it obviously affects us. Just not as much as other teams (The resurgence of UGA or FLA winning the national title).

i hate the johnson city squirrel. don't mind south carolina though. nice U i've been it's alright.

Spurrier's done well with the average talent he inherited, so I expect he will do even better if he can continue bringing in top ten recruiting classes like he has this season.

Of course, even with such a great recruiting class, South Carolina could still end up having only the fourth best SEC-East recruiting class this season, depending on how strong Georgia closes out. Last time I looked at the Rivals list, South Carolina was only 43 points ahead of the Bulldogs and Georgia had quite a few more scholarships left to give.

Spurrier's done well with the average talent he inherited, so I expect he will do even better if he can continue bringing in top ten recruiting classes like he has this season.

Of course, even with such a great recruiting class, South Carolina could still end up having only the fourth best SEC-East recruiting class this season, depending on how strong Georgia closes out. Last time I looked at the Rivals list, South Carolina was only 43 points ahead of the Bulldogs and Georgia had quite a few more scholarships left to give.

yeah this is true WE MAY end up fourth but more than likely not. You havent factored in Dunlap, Culliver, and Bynes. Dunlap and Culliver are two 5 star prospects rated by rivals and bynes is either a 3 or 4 *. None of these guys are commited PUBLICLY yet but most say all of them are ours to lose. IF these three are added to our commitment list i think we could very easily be in the top 5 in the nation and num 2 in the sec. what do you think?

yeah this is true WE MAY end up fourth but more than likely not. You havent factored in Dunlap, Culliver, and Bynes. Dunlap and Culliver are two 5 star prospects rated by rivals and bynes is either a 3 or 4 *. None of these guys are commited PUBLICLY yet but most say all of them are ours to lose. IF these three are added to our commitment list i think we could very easily be in the top 5 in the nation and num 2 in the sec. what do you think?

That would certainly bump you up. But you have to realize that the rest of the schools classes aren't set in stone at this point either. Everybody is looking to up their status. Us UT fans are talking about being in the mix with guys like creer, jones, austin, etc. Most other schools have a similar "maybe" list. That said, if SC lands the aforementioned guys, it would certainly make for a stellar stellar class, but it may or may not crack top 5.

I wouldn't worry about the top 5 barrier, though. Spurrier has been holding his own with far less talented players, and any UT fan would be in denial if they said that a loaded, spurrier coached team didn't scare them a little bit.

BTW, I love SC. Made a road trip there in college for the UT/USC game (2002). The girls down there are hot and naughty. Nothing but good memories.

That would certainly bump you up. But you have to realize that the rest of the schools classes aren't set in stone at this point either. Everybody is looking to up their status. Us UT fans are talking about being in the mix with guys like creer, jones, austin, etc. Most other schools have a similar "maybe" list. That said, if SC lands the aforementioned guys, it would certainly make for a stellar stellar class, but it may or may not crack top 5.

I wouldn't worry about the top 5 barrier, though. Spurrier has been holding his own with far less talented players, and any UT fan would be in denial if they said that a loaded, spurrier coached team didn't scare them a little bit.

BTW, I love SC. Made a road trip there in college for the UT/USC game (2002). The girls down there are hot and naughty. Nothing but good memories.

I totally understand what your saying about what you said in the bold letters above, but i was thinking the guys you mentioned are not all going to SEC schools and that they all werent going to be volunteers either......... But reguardless like youve stated spurriers did good with much less talent than he's bringing in this class. But the one thing that can ALWAYS tell how things will go is TIME.

o and we will have a top ten class, we will have probably the number 1 d line class along with a top 5 wr class. you got to remember we used to be lucky with a top 30 class, so we are pretty excited right now. if we have a good year next year we could really start bringing in some good classes, but yall look like u got a shot to take the number 1 spot. the sec recruiting is just rediculous this year.

You may end up with the #1 DL class. We are holding it down at DL as well:
Ben Martin 5* DE
Donald Langley 4* DT
Rolando Melancon 4* DT
Gerald Williams 4* DE/OLB
Chris Walker 4* DE/OLB
Rufus Williams 3* DE/OLB(possible jump to 4*)
William Brimfield 3* DT(possible jump to 4*)
We are still in it for:
Marvin Austin 5* DT
Sidell Corley 4* DE
Rae Sykes 4* DE
Jourdon Brooks 3* DE/DT/MLB/FB
Cory Hall 2* DE(may move to 3*)

As for WRs, well:
Brent Vinson 5*
Kenny O'Neal 5*
Gerald Jones 4*(top 100)
Todd Campbell 3*
Tyler Maples 3*
We are still in it for:
Dwight Jones 5*
Ahmad Paige 4*
Darnius Moore 3*

Yeah, that is the same Kenny O'Neal.

SC is having a very solid recruiting class. I don't know about top 5 since UT, Texas, UF, and LSU will hold down the top 4 for sure and then SC will have to contend with about 6 other schools for the 5th spot, but it could happen.

Ive seen Kenny O'Neal on the field once, for one KR, but all the talk i hear just gets me excited. "One hell of a burner" :rock:

dont you feel just the slightest twinge when you exclaim "Go Cocks"?

never felt anything close to a twinge when i say that i have pride in being a gamecock win, lose, or draw ill always be a gamecock until god takes me off the earth

VN Store

Back