A message from Philip Fulmer to the fans!

We have South Carolina, UAB, and Vanderbilt at home. Letā€™s get these three wins, and then we have Kentucky and Missouri on the road. Letā€™s get those two, and we can get to a bowl game. I donā€™t see us winning the East, but could we? Is there a still a chance at it, with major help?

Majors won't help.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Boy, I donā€™t think that has ever happened before, being like two or three games out, then coming back to win the East. Then coming back to beat Bama, and sneaking into the playoffs, would be a culture shock to the world of college football. It would be nice though!šŸ˜‚šŸ‘
A 6-loss team, winning the CFB NC? Wow!

For those of you dreaming of winning the SEC East
We have 2 wins out of 7 games, I have a better chance winning the lottery than UT has winning the East ! I We have 2 wins against nobody, we won't win 4 more games to be Bowl eligible. We will be Lucky to beat Vandy.

Reactions: I40flyer
Message from fans to Phil Fulmer:

Take your big @$$ to Birmingham and demand answers for your football team getting screwed!

Sincerely,
Volnation
GBO!!

Reactions: Bigorangedan23
Only way for that to happen is for Vols to win out AND Florida lose all 3 of their remaining conference games (Georgia, Vandy, Missouri) AND Georgia to lose their other 3 that's not Florida (Missouri, Auburn, TxA&M) AND Missouri to lose one other conference game in addition to the one vs the Vols that's not Georgia or Florida because they have to beat Ga and Fla in previous scenarios (Kentucky, Arkansas).

So.................I guess there is a chance.

We are mathematically still in it! Sweet!

Should I go ahead and book my hotel?

Reactions: jbeeman85
For those of you dreaming of winning the SEC East
We have 2 wins out of 7 games, I have a better chance winning the lottery than UT has winning the East ! I We have 2 wins against nobody, we won't win 4 more games to be Bowl eligible. We will be Lucky to beat Vandy.
Wow Behr, 2 more right here...

I was disappointed with the Miss State turnout, I think they said around 82,000 (my guess was 80 to 85K), but those of us who were there were very loud. The team really needs a good, loud turnout for the final 3 home games to help get us over the top for a bowl. The real VOL fans need to rally around their team. GBO!!!

Reactions: feathersax
Well Behr, you said they were around. Guess you were right. Loser mentality.
Lol, first off, even if we 1988 and win out, which would be the utmost cause for celebration, Florida and Georgia aren't both going to lose 3 more conference games a piece, so I don't take the scenario seriously enough to adopt any sort of "mentality" about it.

Two, regardless, were that absurdly far fetched scenario to actually unfold, I assure you I'd certainly talk myself into us having a chance to win by the time the game rolled around, I'm just not much into the too soon counting of chickens that never existed to begin with.

Finally, I'm not going to get greedy at this point, going 7-5, 8-5 (with a bowl game and no Atlanta appearance) after starting 2-5 and being outscored 122-50 in conference play would be it's own reward. I'll make a deal with you though, if it happens that we get a birth in the championship game, I'll paint me face like middle aged Volunteer Braveheart and post pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: I40flyer

VN Store

Back