A&M sequel

BruinVol

A&M ripped our hearts out and fed it to us for dinner.

Tonight we got that game back by doing the exact same thing to Bama!!!

Hell yea what a huge season changing win!!

10-8 and this season will be great and back on path for that!!!

Buck Fama

I feel like this was the opposite of the A&M game in that we got more calls than Bama rather than the other way around, but it was less egregious (at least from the second half I watched). Like that technical should never have happened because it really looked to be out on UT. I’ll take it though, it was sweet, we played hard, and I’m happy to beat Bama

Is it better to have the road win at Bama and loss vs A&M at home or vice versa?

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I feel like this was the opposite of the A&M game in that we got more calls than Bama rather than the other way around, but it was less egregious (at least from the second half I watched). Like that technical should never have happened because it really looked to be out on UT. I’ll take it though, it was sweet, we played hard, and I’m happy to beat Bama

Is it better to have the road win at Bama and loss vs A&M at home or vice versa?

With A&M winning a few games now I think the trade is slightly better for us as long as Bama will win some games down the stretch.
At worst a push

Q3 loss versus a Q1 win. You do the math.

Q3 loss versus a Q1 win. You do the math.
I didn’t like doing the math, that’s why I asked, hahaha. I can’t remember how RPI/NET work as far as that stuff goes, so I was waiting for someone like Bruin or golfballs who may have kept up with that stuff more.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Might not matter but 10-8 now looks like it would come win some good wins
10-8 also means we likely have to sweep UK. AU, and Arkansas at home, and I have serious doubts about that happening. Obviously, I want to be wrong about that, but I am cautious about overreacting to a win over a Bama team that looks a lot better on paper than they do on the floor. Not to take anything away from our guys and the effort, tonight, but we were extremely fortunate to win that game. 10-8, at this point, would be phenomenal.

10-8 also means we likely have to sweep UK. AU, and Arkansas at home, and I have serious doubts about that happening. Obviously, I want to be wrong about that, but I am cautious about overreacting to a win over a Bama team that looks a lot better on paper than they do on the floor. Not to take anything away from our guys and the effort, tonight, but we were extremely fortunate to win that game. 10-8, at this point, would be phenomenal.

Yea it won’t be easy but it’s a hell of a lot easier right now than it was 2 hours ago lol

An SEC road win is worth three SEC home wins and it is especially nice to win in Coleman Coliseum which has been a house of horrors for Tennessee historically.

Reactions: beamerman
I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but I really hope that TAMU loss doesn't turn out to be even worse than it was.

Where are we at right now 5-4? Arkansas has struggled since starting SEC play at 4-5. You gotta beat them at home and the road, USCjr on the road, Vandy at home, and Florida at home. That’s 5 wins to get us to 10-8, and I’m not convinced we can’t beat Kentucky at home. Kentucky has been a bit of a different team on the road. Then we get Auburn at home once. It all depends on which team shows up. The one who almost upset Kansas or the one who lost to A&M.

Yeah, as long as Bama stays Q1, that win is better than the loss to aTm is bad. I highly doubt it matters for this team come March, anyhow.
I doubt it too, but I like watching the new Quadrant system work. Bama would have to drop about 30 points to become a Q2 win.(before latest update)

Reactions: cncchris33
Where are we at right now 5-4? Arkansas has struggled since starting SEC play at 4-5. You gotta beat them at home and the road, USCjr on the road, Vandy at home, and Florida at home. That’s 5 wins to get us to 10-8, and I’m not convinced we can’t beat Kentucky at home. Kentucky has been a bit of a different team on the road. Then we get Auburn at home once. It all depends on which team shows up. The one who almost upset Kansas or the one who lost to A&M.
Love your enthusiasm and positivity, but we haven’t won at Bud Walton since 2009, I believe. Arkansas has struggled to win games, but we can’t gloss over the fact that Tennessee has struggled to win games, too. Arkansas has lost to UK, LSU, AU, Bama, and South Carolina. Only one of those was questionable; a 2 point home loss to USCe.

I’m not calling it impossible, but winning 10 games is going to require us to win games that we aren’t favored in, and this team, as it showed against aTm, is prone to lose a game they should win, as well. There is no more margin for error, IMO.

I just really caution people against letting this Bama win significantly skew the reality of our situation. It is part of the manic nature of our fan base. If we lose to UK, Saturday, the gloom and doom will be back to cast it’s dark shadow over this forum, once again. Rick Barnes will again be overpaid and overrated, this team will again be the worst in 30 years, and the program will again be teetering on the brink of disaster. Seesaw, seesaw, seesaw.

I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but I really hope that TAMU loss doesn't turn out to be even worse than it was.

They won again last night, currently 5-4 in the league...not saying it’s gonna be a good win by any stretch but it may not be as bad as it initially looked.

Love your enthusiasm and positivity, but we haven’t won at Bud Walton since 2009, I believe. Arkansas has struggled to win games, but we can’t gloss over the fact that Tennessee has struggled to win games, too. Arkansas has lost to UK, LSU, AU, Bama, and South Carolina. Only one of those was questionable; a 2 point home loss to USCe.

I’m not calling it impossible, but winning 10 games is going to require us to win games that we aren’t favored in, and this team, as it showed against aTm, is prone to lose a game they should win, as well. There is no more margin for error, IMO.

I just really caution people against letting this Bama win significantly skew the reality of our situation. It is part of the manic nature of our fan base. If we lose to UK, Saturday, the gloom and doom will be back to cast it’s dark shadow over this forum, once again. Rick Barnes will again be overpaid and overrated, this team will again be the worst in 30 years, and the program will again be teetering on the brink of disaster. Seesaw, seesaw, seesaw.
Fair enough but I’ve not been on the see saw this year. I’ve seen what this team is capable of, and I have remained optimistic with every post I’ve made. I’m not done with the season until the selection committee doesn’t choose us, and until that time I am going to believe this team can play the way it’s capable of playing.

Fair enough but I’ve not been on the see saw this year. I’ve seen what this team is capable of, and I have remained optimistic with every post I’ve made. I’m not done with the season until the selection committee doesn’t choose us, and until that time I am going to believe this team can play the way it’s capable of playing.
Yeah, that comment wasn’t aimed at you.

Yeah, that comment wasn’t aimed at you.
Not saying it was. Just saying I’ve been optimistic and supportive of this team. They’ve shown they can hang with anyone and they can lose to anyone. I just need to see them keep growing. They also beat Bama last night without James, which is pretty impressive too when you think about it.

Not saying it was. Just saying I’ve been optimistic and supportive of this team. They’ve shown they can hang with anyone and they can lose to anyone. I just need to see them keep growing. They also beat Bama last night without James, which is pretty impressive too when you think about it.
Just wanted to clarify.

VN Store

Back