A&M is who we need to be worried about poaching CTV

How long has Bruin been living rent free in your head? You should start charging him.
That’s original stuff...you should patent it and cash out. 😴

When was the last time an SEC school hired a head coach by poaching a fellow SEC school's head coach? Just looking at the current list of SEC coaches, all of them are either former HCs outside the SEC or former assistants within the SEC.

Shouldn't we be more worried about people going after Anderson?

When was the last time an SEC school hired a head coach by poaching a fellow SEC school's head coach? Just looking at the current list of SEC coaches, all of them are either former HCs outside the SEC or former assistants within the SEC.

There are two I can think of.
Miss state hired the HC away from Kentucky. And Ron Polk left Miss state and went to Georgia

IMO Anderson will retire in a few years......

I agree with 66, no need to panic for a while. I just saw the weekly chat and then went on the A&M board and by golly half the fans want Childress fired. The A&M thread is worth the read. One poster mentioned CTV and mentioned his recruiting success at TCU and Arkansas.

I personally think CTV is long term at UT as long as the stadium gets a facelift. The inside facilities look great which is most important to the players for the time being.

IMO Anderson will retire in a few years......

I agree with 66, no need to panic for a while. I just saw the weekly chat and then went on the A&M board and by golly half the fans want Childress fired. The A&M thread is worth the read. One poster mentioned CTV and mentioned his recruiting success at TCU and Arkansas.

I personally think CTV is long term at UT as long as the stadium gets a facelift. The inside facilities look great which is most important to the players for the time being.

Aggies are more of a cult that a fan base but they take their baseball seriously.

Reactions: Titan05 and TX2TN
That forum was an interesting read. Some believe they could get Tadlock. Aggies are delusional and have no chance. CTV has at least 2/3 years before I’d worry about a move. I would worry about losing Elander to a HC job first. Until then Go Vols.

That forum was an interesting read. Some believe they could get Tadlock. Aggies are delusional and have no chance. CTV has at least 2/3 years before I’d worry about a move. I would worry about losing Elander to a HC job first. Until then Go Vols.

I agree about Elander and throw Kivett in there as well. The good news is we pay coach E as an assistant more than a mid major would pay as a head coach.

Reactions: TX2TN
Just go to perfect game and see how many more top rated players from those 3 states there are. Or check and see the draft numbers over the years

Tenn is better than Kentucky, Arkansas and maybe Missouri when it comes to talent but that’s about it when comparing states
How do we compare to states like MS, LA, and AL? I don’t follow baseball recruiting much so was just curious. I know the high school I went to in Knoxville (Farragut High) has had some pretty good baseball players over the past couple decades.

How do we compare to states like MS, LA, and AL? I don’t follow baseball recruiting much so was just curious. I know the high school I went to in Knoxville (Farragut High) has had some pretty good baseball players over the past couple decades.

Here you go guys.
Just for this 2020 class
The first number is top 100 players from each state and the second is for players inside the top500 as rated by PG

Florida-25-81
Georgia-5-45
Texas-7-36
Alabama-0-15
South Carolina-1-13
Arkansas-3-12
Tenn-3-11
Miss-4-9
Mizz-0-8
Louisiana 1-7
Kentucky 1-5

2020 is a down year for Louisiana as I’d say they usually have more but as you can see Tenn isn’t a “talent Rich” state

This is just this year but I’d say history would be close to this other than Louisiana usually has more talent and Arkansas less

This is just this year but I’d say history would be close to this other than Louisiana usually has more talent and Arkansas less
Thanks! Sorry, I overlooked your earlier post originally when I asked my question. I knew FL would probably be the best state but I didn’t realize they were that far above all the other SEC states, especially GA.

Aggies are more of a cult that a fan base but they take their baseball seriously.

We should, too. A start would be a real commitment to upgrading our facilities.

VN Store

Back