A good sign.......

I’m not sure how he would do as a head coach. It always seems to be a crap shoot. But I’m in the camp who think he’s done a great job thus far. With the talent we’ve had, and the small, tiny, little factor of how hard it is to coach defense paired with this type of offense. For some reason that seems to be lost with a lot of the folks on here.

doug-kenney-what-the-hell-are-we-supposed-to-do.gif

Reactions: GlennTenn
I’m not sure how he would do as a head coach. It always seems to be a crap shoot. But I’m in the camp who think he’s done a great job thus far. With the talent we’ve had, and the small, tiny, little factor of how hard it is to coach defense paired with this type of offense. For some reason that seems to be lost with a lot of the folks on here.
I think back to Matthew Butler playing 100 defensive snaps against ole miss 2 years ago!
First and foremost, that guy is a damn beast, second, that’s what Banks is working with. 100+ defensive snap games and guys having to go the distance in those games, due to very little depth. Let’s see how he does when these recruits start rolling in and then I think we can fairly judge Tim Banks.
JMO.
🤷‍♂️

I think back to Matthew Butler playing 100 defensive snaps against ole miss 2 years ago!
First and foremost, that guy is a damn beast, second, that’s what Banks is working with. 100+ defensive snap games and guys having to go the distance in those games, due to very little depth. Let’s see how he does when these recruits start rolling in and then I think we can fairly judge Tim Banks.
JMO.
🤷‍♂️
Heupel took a bunch of nobodies and turned them into the best offense in the country. Banks has a lot more to work with than you’re letting on.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Sure seems like we’ll be looking for a new DC either way. Hopefully he’s successful next season and then moves on and we upgrade. Win win.

Sure seems like we’ll be looking for a new DC either way. Hopefully he’s successful next season and then moves on and we upgrade. Win win.

and bama Saban will hire Pruitt...

What a hilarious sitcom scene it would make to see Greg Sankey playing psychiatrist Dr. Frasier Crane asking his patient Bruce Pearl who is "lying" on the couch "What do you think about that?"
Bob "Bulldog" Briscoe is played by Paul Finebaum who goes nuts because he likes the hire.
Saban is the producer and runs the whole show.
It won't be called "Frasier" but maybe "SEC Inaction" fits better

Reactions: Ratvol
Makes no sense to me. But........ok.
Coaches move on all the time and are replaced by equal or better coaches. All I was saying is that might happen here with Banks and turn out to be a good thing. Banks gets a head coach gig and we keep moving forward on defense. Unless you think we wouldn’t be able to replace him with a better coach….

Coaches move on all the time and are replaced by equal or better coaches. All I was saying is that might happen here with Banks and turn out to be a good thing. Banks gets a head coach gig and we keep moving forward on defense. Unless you think we wouldn’t be able to replace him with a better coach….

We took a nice step forward on defense overall this year, except for pass defense, but especially for run defense and third down efficiency. Banks will be the DC in 23. Let's see if he continues to make improvements in the defense to the degree we need, i.e. much better pass defense. If he does, I'll hope we can keep him. If not, i'll hope we can make an improvement, but that isn't guaranteed.

VN Store

Back