A few tidbits

Zasnow

Everyone expect Conkley's role to increase more and more. This includes everything from personnel changes to calling plays.

Coach Dooley brought him in as a backup DC to an extent in case the current didnt go as accordingly.

Also multiple boosters (higher end for the most part) have met/talked about paying for Dooleys and maybe some assistants buyouts if things don't change. I'm not saying his job is safe but then again I'm not saying it isn't.

Dooley is Harts man but he won't stand for this and after their plane ride home from Miss St he understands that clearly now.

Reactions: 18 people
Everyone expect Conkley's role to increase more and more. This includes everything from personnel changes to calling plays.

Coach Dooley brought him in as a backup DC to an extent in case the current didnt go as accordingly.

Also multiple boosters (higher end for the most part) have met/talked about paying for Dooleys and maybe some assistants buyouts if things don't change. I'm not saying his job is safe but then again I'm not saying it isn't.

Dooley is Harts man but he won't stand for this and after their plane ride home from Miss St he understands that clearly now.

Good to see you posting again man. :hi:

Reactions: 7 people
Longtime zas. Practice updates were sweet back in the day

Good info as always. Thanks for sharing Z.

Conkley? I don't know how reliable of info this is. It seems strange that our safety's coach, Conklin, is now responsible for personell and play calling. Is our tight end's coach taking over on offense?
Dooley said in his presser that he would be more involved in the defense personally. I'm more apt to believe what Dooley himself said.

Reactions: 2 people
Conkley? I don't know how reliable of info this is. It seems strange that our safety's coach, Conklin, is now responsible for personell and play calling. Is our tight end's coach taking over on offense?
Dooley said in his presser that he would be more involved in the defense personally. I'm more apt to believe what Dooley himself said.

Does our tight end coach have experience as an offensive coordinator? No, but our safeties coach does have experience as a defensive coordinator. Zas has been bringing reliable info to this board for awhile.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 8 people

You had me till you stated Dooley was Hart's guy. That couldn't be further from the truth. Hart didn't hire him or give him the buyout and Hart will not let Dooleys failures reflect on him as AD.

You had me till you stated Dooley was Hart's guy. That couldn't be further from the truth. Hart didn't hire him or give him the buyout and Hart will not let Dooleys failures reflect on him as AD.
I think he might have wanted to give him more time.. Dooley is making that hard to justify....

I think Conklin might be of some help to Sal, but Dooley and Chaney need to start practicing a little ball control and protect the defense. They are spending too much time on the field.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Conklin might be of some help to Sal, but Dooley and Chaney need to start practicing a little ball control and protect the defense. They are spending too much time on the field.

They are spending too much time on the field, because they are giving up 80+ yard drives on a consistent basis. Our offense is lucky to see the field.

Im just going to assume you don't watch many of the coaches wednesday pressers. Conklin has plenty of DC experience and after watching his interviews throughout the season i have no doubt he could step in and be a very decent DC at tennessee. He is very well spoken. But I mean hey, "its just like anything else. Know what I'm sayin?"

Does our tight end coach have experience as an offensive coordinator? No, but our safeties coach does have experience as a defensive coordinator. Zas has been bringing reliable info to this board for awhile.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This, I think Hart likes Dooley but if the season goes in the crapper he'll have no choice. I also think Dooley is our coach next year.

Yes, he was brought in because he could help run the overall defense. We just waiting for the right time to spring that plan. Getting torched since the second half of the UF game. Still not time yet.

Nice to see you posting again, brother. Thanks for the info! I agree that Dooley is Hart's guy as far as he doesn't want a coaching search if he can help it bit if Dooley forces Hart's hand, I have no doubt he will make a change. Post often.

Nice to see you posting again, brother. Thanks for the info! I agree that Dooley is Hart's guy as far as he doesn't want a coaching search if he can help it bit if Dooley forces Hart's hand, I have no doubt he will make a change. Post often.

Yes. It is nice to see someone post information rather than opinion.

This, I think Hart likes Dooley but if the season goes in the crapper he'll have no choice. I also think Dooley is our coach next year.

If he is,it will be easy to get tickets next year.He wont be able to fill it up next year especially with next years schedule.

Conklin is another Clawson. They both jumped into a major conference because they needed a challenge and gain experience. Plus it looks good on a resume.
Also- Im starting to think a majority of our assistants are "learning on fly" as well. I like Sal, but I think he should've taken a DC job in a smaller league first.

Im just going to assume you don't watch many of the coaches wednesday pressers. Conklin has plenty of DC experience and after watching his interviews throughout the season i have no doubt he could step in and be a very decent DC at tennessee. He is very well spoken. But I mean hey, "its just like anything else. Know what I'm sayin?"
:lolabove:

Conklin is another Clawson. They both jumped into a major conference because they needed a challenge and gain experience. Plus it looks good on a resume.
Also- Im starting to think a majority of our assistants are "learning on fly" as well. I like Sal, but I think he should've taken a DC job in a smaller league first.

He was being mentioned a head coach in smaller leagues. He interviewed for Pitt last year.

I don't understand the fixation some of you have on Chaney. In spite of Bray's tendency to choke under pressure, UT is averaging just shy of 500 ypg and 38 ppg. Tell me when the last time a UT team did that was.

I'm sorry but it wasn't the O's fault that the D couldn't get off the field vs MSU. MSU scored on its first SIX possessions... and somehow that's because of Chaney?

Thirty one points should have EASILY been enough to win that game. The Vols allowed more points to MSU than any D except an FCS school. The highest previous scoring total against them was 24. IOW's, if UT's D had performed as well vs MSU as So Alabama.... UT wins. BTW, USA scored 10 pts.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't understand the fixation some of you have on Chaney. In spite of Bray's tendency to choke under pressure, UT is averaging just shy of 500 ypg and 38 ppg. Tell me when the last time a UT team did that was.

I'm sorry but it wasn't the O's fault that the D couldn't get off the field vs MSU. MSU scored on its first SIX possessions... and somehow that's because of Chaney?

Thirty one points should have EASILY been enough to win that game. The Vols allowed more points to MSU than any D except an FCS school. The highest previous scoring total against them was 24. IOW's, if UT's D had performed as well vs MSU as So Alabama.... UT wins. BTW, USA scored 10 pts.

If you do not understand why ball control would help protect our defense and that It does not matter how many points you score if the other team out scores you, I will not waste my time trying to explain it to you.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back