A Few Miserable Facts

LOL. Far be it from me to stand in the way of a grumpy old fart while he is on a rant... but how do you know what year my parents were born? That is an odd claim to make on an anonymous internet forum. (for the record, they were born in 1941 and 1943, respectively - I was born in 1973 - which makes me 48). I graduated from UTK in 1996. I've been a fan of Tennessee football since 1981... and going to games since 1982.

Now that that is out of the way, if you take a closer look at what I posted, I didn't dispute the validity of anything which was written... but I did point out that it only focused on the negative. This program had a nice sustained run of success from 1989-2004, as I stated previously. Sorry you missed it, Grandpa.

You are a smart A hole....You still don't have a clue. You have to look at the whole picture. I don't give credit for knowing but I am sure you will figuring it out anytime soon. Maybe in a decade or two. Yes I have been around for several years and have experience a lot. Never have I waved on my loyalty to the University of Tennessee. The point I was trying to make is that this program started it's downward trend in actually 2000 and noone noticed that we were headed in that direction. How many times have we beaten Satan since he has been at Alabama 0 times in 14 gameS. 16 game record is 1-15 and 1-15 vs Florida and vs GA 5 - 11 that is reality. Compare that to the above and there is a difference but the shows how incompetence contributed to much of the same ole crap. so you need to focus youngster. LOL

You are a smart A hole....You still don't have a clue. You have to look at the whole picture. I don't give credit for knowing but I am sure you will figuring it out anytime soon. Maybe in a decade or two. Yes I have been around for several years and have experience a lot. Never have I waved on my loyalty to the University of Tennessee. The point I was trying to make is that this program started it's downward trend in actually 2000 and noone noticed that we were headed in that direction. How many times have we beaten Satan since he has been at Alabama 0 times in 14 gameS. 16 game record is 1-15 and 1-15 vs Florida and vs GA 5 - 11 that is reality. Compare that to the above and there is a difference but the shows how incompetence contributed to much of the same ole crap. so you need to focus youngster. LOL
Losing to LSU in the SEC championship to a backup Qb started the downward spiral in many Vols fans opinions. I thought it was 2001. We had beat them and looked very impressive doing it earlier in the season.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Losing to LSU in the SEC championship to a backup Qb started the downward spiral in many Vols fans opinions. I thought it was 2001. We had beat them and looked very impressive doing it earlier in the season.
You are right. As I think about it, it was around the same time that Doug Dickey left and we hired Mike Hamilton. Mike was a businessman and raised a ton of money but sold his soul to the Board and donors. In essence, lost control. But the money was good so no one bother to question it. I saw several things I never thought I would witness during this time. What's more Hart followed and all he did was punch a ticket, As we know followed by Currie and Fulmer of which we just continued down a slippery slope to where we are now. D White is a Great Hire but it will take him some time to get it back to the place it needs to be provided the Outside influences stay away and let him run the show. Our mess started with the first change of ADs and continued to spread like a virus from one AD to the other.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
My opinion only, but Mullen was going to wait until the UF job came open. Realistically he was never coming to UT, no matter how much was offered. Again, just my opinion.

I think Mullen, from all that I have read and been told, would have absolutely taken the UT job had Florida not come calling.

IMHO, the Vol slide began when we stopped getting top 5 recruiting classes. We will lucky to be in the 20's for 2022.

It is my understanding and I cannot remember the exact details 8 months after the fact that we did or were willing to offer big money. It was all posted on here on VN leading up to the Heupel hire. Some of the top candidates turned us down before negotiations were even initiated.

Oh I’m sure it’s true with White. I’m more or less talking about Butch and Schiano/Pruitt searches

VN Store

Back