A Few Miserable Facts

Sudden Impact

Who we are is what We do with what We have!
Tennessee Record vs FL, GA, AL since 1969

FL - 36 Games 9 - 27
GA - 36 Games 17 - 19
AL - 50 Games 16 - 32 - 1 1* Foreit AL

TOTAL 42 - 78 -1 1 122 Games

Somebody posted that Coaches come here to die. My thought is that they come here to draw a retirement Check

Battle On to AD and Sports Business
Majors the went on to Coach again at PITT
Fulmer Stole the Job from Majors (Hearsay wink wink) took a buyout Came back and took another Payout.
Kiffin = Bad contract bought out and left us at the Alter
Dooley - Was A AD, Lawyer, and was here to help us get through the NCAA investigation and the Football Complex. Coach was 4th on his list and received a Buyout
Jones = Used Car Salesman, Got Talent no Coaching ability, great Motivational speaker, Got Payoff, went to AL to learn how to coach took a low cut Salary to receive $$$$ back Coaching or Motivational Speaking
Pruitt = Experiment gone bad Fulmer felt he could Control Pruitt. Pruitt I guess thought it was ok to do what AL does. Pruitt will cost the University more money than the Buyout. Hopefully Danny White can fix this.

Maybe Heupel can fix this. They are a solid Corps but they did play with heart today. Point is this did not happen Last year it has been going on for years with Coach Selection.
Kiffen did leave us with a mess in the NCAA but not as bad as others.
We didn't and don't have the Balls to argue with the NCAA. When we should have done so we didn't this last incident has tied our hands. I wish we could make some of these coaches pay us back.

This is the reason you spend the money and get what you want the first second or third time.

Doug Dickey was the last good/great AD that we had I hope D White will make this happen.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
This isn’t a quick turnaround. It’s been a freefall for last 15 years. This team shows some of the best effort I’ve seen during that time. I’m not quitting on them.

I admit I bailed on Pruitt after game 1. I saw he couldn’t motivate players and that’s job 1. I see a completely different team/program here. They made too many mistakes today to beat a good team but I think they’ll beat someone they’re not supposed to before it’s over.

Tough place to coach. Very high expectations and it's not like recruiting in the 90s with many border state teams pretty bad or not great. NC, NCST, Clemson, Georgia, Kentucky, miss, bama are all way better and even some smaller schools in the area get players too.
When Pruitt stuck with jg last year knowing his job depended a lot on how he played showed we really didnt have much behind him to me. It happens. It sucks watching some small school player with a QB that can ball.
When Milton was named starter it kind of confirmed to me the QBs besides him must not be that good.
In a pass happy pass for big play era, not having a good QB sucks.
I'm sticking to coach gets a free year but next year the QB play must get better and i dont care how he does it. Transfer or what ever.
Defense is about what we expected though I will say they tackled pretty well just couldnt get stops or turnovers.

Why did you include 36 games for fl and ga but 50 for bama
We did not play FL or GA every year until the conference Expanded and divisions were formed
AL was the only team we have played every year since 1970. GA and FL were on a rotational basis.

Reactions: Sarms58
We did not play FL or GA every year until the conference Expanded and divisions were formed
AL was the only team we have played every year since 1970. GA and FL were on a rotational basis.
I’m just curious, so in the 14 games prior what was our record against bama? I’m not accusing you of skewing the data, I’m genuinely curious and too lazy to look it up

I’m just curious, so in the 14 games prior what was our record against bama? I’m not accusing you of skewing the data, I’m genuinely curious and too lazy to look it up
This is a Snap Shot from 1970 to Date. I am not skewing data but you need to understand that we played GA and Fl during that period as well just not annually. Google is yo ur friend. You are a little lazy if you can't do that. Its a two minute task..... Geez

does this help.....

Third Saturday in October - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Tennessee Record vs FL, GA, AL since 1969

FL - 36 Games 9 - 27
GA - 36 Games 17 - 19
AL - 50 Games 16 - 32 - 1 1* Foreit AL

TOTAL 42 - 78 -1 1 122 Games

Somebody posted that Coaches come here to die. My thought is that they come here to draw a retirement Check

Battle On to AD and Sports Business
Majors the went on to Coach again at PITT
Fulmer Stole the Job from Majors (Hearsay wink wink) took a buyout Came back and took another Payout.
Kiffin = Bad contract bought out and left us at the Alter
Dooley - Was A AD, Lawyer, and was here to help us get through the NCAA investigation and the Football Complex. Coach was 4th on his list and received a Buyout
Jones = Used Car Salesman, Got Talent no Coaching ability, great Motivational speaker, Got Payoff, went to AL to learn how to coach took a low cut Salary to receive $$$$ back Coaching or Motivational Speaking
Pruitt = Experiment gone bad Fulmer felt he could Control Pruitt. Pruitt I guess thought it was ok to do what AL does. Pruitt will cost the University more money than the Buyout. Hopefully Danny White can fix this.

Maybe Heupel can fix this. They are a solid Corps but they did play with heart today. Point is this did not happen Last year it has been going on for years with Coach Selection.
Kiffen did leave us with a mess in the NCAA but not as bad as others.
We didn't and don't have the Balls to argue with the NCAA. When we should have done so we didn't this last incident has tied our hands. I wish we could make some of these coaches pay us back.

This is the reason you spend the money and get what you want the first second or third time.

Doug Dickey was the last good/great AD that we had I hope D White will make this happen.

This is what scares me most long term- SEC expanding. This is why I was so adamant during the last 3 coaching searches (that brought Butch, Pruitt, Huepel) we should pony up the cash and literally make someone highest paid coach next to Saban or Dabo. Since the league is expanding, Tennessee’s path to relevance only gets harder and job appeal gets worse. I do believe in good faith that White and Fulmer tried to hire the best they good the last two openings. I think one exception in Fulmer is that Kiffin was the best hire he could have made as he was actively lobbying for the job but Fulmer wasn’t gonna hire the guy who replaced him. Fulmer’s greatest act would have been swallowing pride to hire or Atleast interview Kiffin. Now we will watch Kiffin beat us going forward.

In regard to Danny White, I would have want gone to the best coaches not names Saban, Dabo, or Ryan Day and made them offers to be highest paid coaches in the country. Mainly, Lincoln Riley because the thought of OU leaving the Big 12 wasn’t there.

I just feel now we will have harder path because the blank check coaches we could entertain are in our conference now and we will get beat by them as they won’t have to leave jobs to coach in the best conference.

A&M literally paid everything to go get Jimbo to avoid regression after Sumlin. Not sure why Tennessee continues to go the same route and yes, I can say we continue to go the same route because we have never made a strong big money offer to any coach outside of Gundy. When’s the last time Tennessee went all in on a hire where money truly was no issue? We haven’t.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
This is what scares me most long term- SEC expanding. This is why I was so adamant during the last 3 coaching searches (that brought Butch, Pruitt, Huepel) we should pony up the cash and literally make someone highest paid coach next to Saban or Dabo. Since the league is expanding, Tennessee’s path to relevance only gets harder and job appeal gets worse. I do believe in good faith that White and Fulmer tried to hire the best they good the last two openings. I think one exception in Fulmer is that Kiffin was the best hire he could have made as he was actively lobbying for the job but Fulmer wasn’t gonna hire the guy who replaced him. Fulmer’s greatest act would have been swallowing pride to hire or Atleast interview Kiffin. Now we will watch Kiffin beat us going forward.

In regard to Danny White, I would have want gone to the best coaches not names Saban, Dabo, or Ryan Day and made them offers to be highest paid coaches in the country. Mainly, Lincoln Riley because the thought of OU leaving the Big 12 wasn’t there.

I just feel now we will have harder path because the blank check coaches we could entertain are in our conference now and we will get beat by them as they won’t have to leave jobs to coach in the best conference.

A&M literally paid everything to go get Jimbo to avoid regression after Sumlin. Not sure why Tennessee continues to go the same route and yes, I can say we continue to go the same route because we have never made a strong big money offer to any coach outside of Gundy. When’s the last time Tennessee went all in on a hire where money truly was no issue? We haven’t.

I understand TN did "pony up the cash" and has made top of the market offers to a few coaches (I understand Franklin was offered a huge amount of money), but none were interested.

Ask yourself why that is.

Methinks several reasons: 1. dysfunctional athletic department (at least previously. Jury out on current AD). 2. Lack of alignment between boosters, UT Admin and AD. 3. Structural disadvantages at UT (only team in the east that plays bama every year--at least until expansion kicks in). 4. Recruiting disadvantages (GA, Bama and Clemson are ascendant in the same recruiting area as TN. In state recruiting, although better than a few years ago, is still way behind Florida and GA). 5. Fan base unwilling to recognize points 1-4, and that start calling the head coach stupid/incompetent 2 games into season one (and will start calling for his firing soon after).

Also, I would note that Jimbo came within an eyelash of losing to unranked Colorado yesterday. Particularly if their starting QB is out for long, the Aggies could easily lose a few games. There are no guarantees.

Reactions: Lurker
This is a Snap Shot from 1970 to Date. I am not skewing data but you need to understand that we played GA and Fl during that period as well just not annually. Google is yo ur friend. You are a little lazy if you can't do that. Its a two minute task..... Geez

does this help.....

Third Saturday in October - Wikipedia
😂 Whoa friendly fire there pal. I told you I was lazy. I wanted you to do my research for me and you fell right into the trap.
1631464638219.gif

Reactions: SmilezDavis
I understand TN did "pony up the cash" and has made top of the market offers to a few coaches (I understand Franklin was offered a huge amount of money), but none were interested.

Methinks several reasons: 1. dysfunctional athletic department (at least previously. Jury out on current AD). 2. Lack of alignment between boosters, UT Admin and AD. 3. Structural disadvantages at UT (only team in the east that plays bama every year--at least until expansion kicks in). 4. Recruiting disadvantages (GA, Bama and Clemson are ascendant in the same recruiting area as TN. In state recruiting, although better than a few years ago, is still way behind Florida and GA). 5. Fan base unwilling to recognize points 1-4, and that start calling the head coach stupid/incompetent 2 games into season one (and will start calling for his firing soon after).

Also, I would note that Jimbo came within an eyelash of losing to unranked Colorado yesterday. Particularly if their starting QB is out for long, the Aggies could easily lose a few games. There are no guarantees.

Tennessee has never made an above market offer to go get a coach where we aren’t waiting on dominos to fall with other schools.

Case in point with Schiano and that idiot Currie. He was high on Mullen. As was I. At no point did we ever throw out an offer to make Mullen one of the top paid coaches in the country to force him to not wait out Florida. After all, getting Mullen meant beating our rival. Secondly, it’s clear that Mullen was worth the money given we are now on second coach since that search and Mullen is winning. Instead, Currie made a market offer and chose to play wait and see.

Tennessee has never made a blank check hire and that is why we continually get coaches who are never in hot demand. Tennessee isn’t gonna develop a coach into getting back to relevancy. We should have pulled an A&M and gone out of our way financially to get someone aka make a crazy high contact offer to someone who is likely to win. This isn’t hard. Tennessee is king of offering pennies while paying out dollars after cheap experiments don’t work out

Also in regards to Jimbo, he is a national title winning coach with a clear proven resumè. He’s easily worth the money. A&M got a winner because the put the cash up. Regardless of the margin, they still won yesterday.

The thing is that the AD’s at those schools know how important football is. So instead of trying to find a cheap coach who MIGHT work out, they spend their money to find a proven winner. That way they get a lot of profit instead of paying more and more in buyouts and coaching hires.

Hopefully our new AD sees that. I also hope he sees something in Heupel.

calm down man, Im just messing with ya. Take a joke
So you can mess with me, but I cannot Mess with you. Now you are acting like a victim LOL ----- I knew what you were doing when you asked the question....LOL Laughing with you...I was beginning to think you were a teenager but now I assume you are in the late 20s or 30s.

VN Store

Back