A Fair Expectation for Coach Dooley.

All of us do. Some of us just realize that doesn't happen because you stomp your feet and pitch a tantrum. It happens because you support the BUILDING of the program and yes expect improvement within a REASONABLE span of time.

No. It happens because you demand excellence and accept nothing else. Making excuses only gives permission for something other than excellence.

Reactions: 2 people
i want us to win at least 8 or 9.if we show improvement on both sides of the ball and just win 7,i believe he should get another year.

i was just as mad as anybody after the KY loss last year but i can also understand that this team had alot of young players and no leaders.the coaches can only do so much.this year should be different but any reasonable person should see that dooley didn't have that much talent to work with.especially after hunter and bray went out last year.

all i can say to anybody is look at the real and not made up facts.GO BIG ORANGE.THE REAL UT

UT should have more talent than UF this year, but not UGA or USC---they are both loaded with players.

No. It happens because you demand excellence and accept nothing else. Making excuses only gives permission for something other than excellence.

While I would agree with this statement If Dooley inherited a good roster to work with.... It validates that you are oblivious to what it takes to completely rebuild a program from the bottom up. You should demand some excellence this year because the talent is there... But the last 2 yrs? Excellence... Really? The amount of morons on this site is astounding... Thanks for the laugh.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

6-6 is absolutely unacceptable. Ridiculous.

I'd be satisfied with 8 and happy with 9+. There's really no way we should lose more than 3-4 games.

While I would agree with this statement If Dooley inherited a good roster to work with.... It validates that you are oblivious to what it takes to completely rebuild a program from the bottom up. You should demand some excellence this year because the talent is there... But the last 2 yrs? Excellence... Really? The amount of morons on this site is astounding... Thanks for the laugh.

Check yourself. You know nothing about my football experience or knowledge.

Yes, the expectation for UT football should always be excellence. They won't always attain it, but it should be expected. Folks that try to rationalize the last several years do nothing but allow mediocrity. Excuses do not breed champions. Excuses breeds losers.

Reactions: 3 people

Yes, the expectation for UT football should always be excellence. They won't always attain it, but it should be expected. Folks that try to rationalize the last several years do nothing but allow mediocrity. Excuses do not breed champions. Excuses breeds losers.

I know all I need to know with the garbage your spewing...

You cant expect a Pinto to run like a Ferrari... No Matter who the Driver is... We didnt have the horses to demand excellence... Your argument is lame given the Facts.

Reactions: 1 person

:lolabove:wheres your clown shoes and nose.

Good post.

Excellence should be demand by the coach to players no matter the roster. Hopefully DD has demand it. Because the guys he started his tenure with are mostly still here and you hope this is not a new concept.

excellence should be demanded but"same thing that everyone has been saying forever now".it's going to get better.

While I understand the concept of demanding excellence from a coach who is running our beloved University.. With all its rich tradition and history... I get it.

But the OP asked what was fair.

So demanding excellence from Dooley with a roster with more holes than a block of swiss cheese the past few years is fair?
Hardly.... Go take that garbage somewhere else.

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home with the prom queen.*

Edited for VN.

Bunch of whining about 'their best' in this place.

While I understand the concept of demanding excellence from a coach who is running our beloved University.. With all its rich tradition and history... I get it.

But the OP asked what was fair.

So demanding excellence from Dooley with a roster with more holes than a block of swiss cheese the past few years is fair?
Hardly.... Go take that garbage somewhere else.

Loser.

I have forgotten more football and have more experience building a program than you'll ever know. When expectations are low, you'll get what you expect. I expect nothing but max effort every down. We haven't had max effort.

You cant expect a Pinto to run like a Ferrari... No Matter who the Driver is... We didnt have the horses to demand excellence... Your argument is lame given the Facts.

You need to become a fan of Upward Bound football. Everyone plays and everyone gets a trophy no matter what. You'd love it.

Dooley has restocked the cupboard fairly well. But he's not bringing in Bama/Florida/LSU level talent.

Interpersonally, he hasn't shown that he can work with anybody. His players disrespect him, and he doesn't discipline them. The majority of his staff left him. He doesn't know how to communicate with the "new" staff at Thornton in order to get tutoring for his players. Coupled with his teams' on-the-field performances, there's not a lot to suggest that he will win SEC championships.

You need to become a fan of Upward Bound football. Everyone plays and everyone gets a trophy no matter what. You'd love it.
:lolabove:

7-wins and they should start looking for a replacement... I am a Dooley supporter, had his back from the get go... but it would be time to part ways IMO. :mf_surrender:

8- wins ''may'' barely save his job... to me this would be an average coaching year... :nono:

9- wins is what I ''expect'' with the talent and experience we have on the team... Anything less than 9 to me is unsatisfactory. This will probably be satisfactory to most everyone... :clap:

10- wins to me means that we have the right coaches in place and they are getting the talent out of the players we have... And the expectations from most Vol fans will be SEC and NC hunt in 2013 :boobies:

11- wins and Dooley gets a big fat raise and the Dooley haters can suck a fat one... :hi: :worship:

Sorry, I don't see more than 11 as a possibility... But National Coach of The Year for Dooley if it happens, a long term extension, and a pay raise on up there just below Saban. Followed by 5* recruits and a program that can ''truly'' sell itself for the first time since the late 90's. Thats the way I see It...

That's about fair... for me anyhow. :good!:
Best post in this thread. :hi:

Nine wins gets us in the top 25.

Since college football expanded to 12 games, no SEC team with 9 wins has failed to accomplish that.

However, the goal should be to win the East and play for a championship.

Dooley has restocked the cupboard fairly well. But he's not bringing in Bama/Florida/LSU level talent.

Interpersonally, he hasn't shown that he can work with anybody. His players disrespect him, and he doesn't discipline them. The majority of his staff left him. He doesn't know how to communicate with the "new" staff at Thornton in order to get tutoring for his players. Coupled with his teams' on-the-field performances, there's not a lot to suggest that he will win SEC championships.

I give Dooley credit in recruiting. Not a bad job at all. I agree we still need to do even better to get back to winning championships.

Good post all around, my friend.

Last edited:

As to the first part, you aren't going to bring in Alabama level talent without winning. We just don't have the instate base to realistically be able to do that. He has gotten enough talent to make it expected that we should win this year. Recruiting is also setting up to where if we win we will be in big battles with the Bama's. The second part is speculative at best

Loser.

I have forgotten more football and have more experience building a program than you'll ever know. When expectations are low, you'll get what you expect. I expect nothing but max effort every down. We haven't had max effort.

You can expect excellence all day long... Until we get the horses you wont see it. As far as all your other comments I would assume you weren't born with a fully functional brain... But Its ok little buddy, I will play along.

You can expect excellence all day long... Until we get the horses you wont see it. As far as all your other comments I would assume you weren't born with a fully functional brain... But Its ok little buddy, I will play along.

See the Upward Bound post..... Trust me it's right up your alley.

I wonder if Alabama fans were sitting around in 2006 talking about patience, stability, and other garbage. And that's with Shula actually dealing with severe NCAA issues and having a 10 win season, too.

I wonder if Alabama fans were sitting around in 2006 talking about patience, stability, and other garbage. And that's with Shula actually dealing with severe NCAA issues and having a 10 win season, too.

But, but, but we can't expect much. We have no horses. As long as they do their best, we should all be happy.......

But, but, but we can't expect much. We have no horses. As long as they do their best, we should all be happy.......
You have to crawl before you can walk. There's a difference between accepting mediocrity and grasping the situation at hand while continually building towards excellence.

Expecting Excellence from a group of Freshmen and Sophomores in the SEC the past 2 yrs. = Unreasonable Expectations.

Want in one hand and crap in the other one and see which one fills up first.

Your hopes and dreams have been dashed the past few years... I understand. This season you should ''expect'' a much better team... May even get a bit of excellence drizzled in there for a change. And it will be due to the fact that we finally have some ''Horses'' .... Not because JayVol demanded excellence. Its about your bedtime son... Go get washed up.

VN Store

Back