A Cinderella Season: The Lady Vols Fight Back

With the return of Kellie Jolly, I wish the UT Athletic Department would re-release A Cinderella Season. I’d love to see that again.
[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

UT tried to get it re-released when Pat passed away, but the ownership of the copyright is complicated because of acquisitions and mergers in media companies. UT has the rights to use clips from the movie, but does not have the rights to reproduce it.

Reactions: VolNExile
There is clip on the LV Facebook from that documentary that focuses on then Kellie Jolly and her ACL tear.

She had surgery right before the season began; she then rehabbed six hours a day and was back on the court only three months later.

That recovery timeliine is incomprehensible (in the 1990's ACL Surgery was a major, often career ending undertaking). KJH makes Adrian Peterson look like a slacker.

With the return of Kellie Jolly, I wish the UT Athletic Department would re-release A Cinderella Season. I’d love to see that again.
[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

That would be great and it leaves a lump in your throat...that was a wonderful time on the hill...🧡🏀🥰🤩😍

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
UT tried to get it re-released when Pat passed away, but the ownership of the copyright is complicated because of acquisitions and mergers in media companies. UT has the rights to use clips from the movie, but does not have the rights to reproduce it.

Laws. Lawyers, lawyers, lawyers everywhere. Wish there was some common sense somewhere.

That explains why it's no longer available on YT like it used to be.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
It seems to me if they have 4 million+ a year for Coach Barnes, they could use a little extra money to get the rights to the documentary that would be fantastic advertising for the new coach and the Lady Vols and Pat’s legacy. For goodness sake, they have lawyers and money out the ying yang for football.

There is clip on the LV Facebook from that documentary that focuses on then Kellie Jolly and her ACL tear.

She had surgery right before the season began; she then rehabbed six hours a day and was back on the court only three months later.

That recovery timeliine is incomprehensible (in the 1990's ACL Surgery was a major, often career ending undertaking). KJH makes Adrian Peterson look like a slacker.
If I remember correctly and it has been a few years ago coach KJH also tore an ACL in high school right before CPS came to watch her play. CPS offered her a scholarship anyway so she saw something in her. I was hoping that she would be the next LV coach

VN Store

Back