A bit of a lift

If Shade does committ to UConn, she will arrive with the No. 8 recruit, guard KK Arnold in 2023, so I believe they will have Bueckers, Muhl, Fudd, Ducharme, Arnold and Shade. But you are correct that they have to hit the transfer portal with Williams and Westbrook leaving. They will be in need of a guard or two.
I also wouldn't bank on Bueckers staying all four years if she's eligible for the WNBA draft next season...especially with NIL. She knows that she'll be able to cash in. The irony is that her senior year would probably be the best chance she has at a NC, so she may leave Storrs without one.

I also wouldn't bank on Bueckers staying all four years if she's eligible for the WNBA draft next season...especially with NIL. She knows that she'll be able to cash in. The irony is that her senior year would probably be the best chance she has at a NC, so she may leave Storrs without one.
She is already cashing in. We have yet to see how the NIL will impact players staying or going. Time will tell.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Her deal with StockX was said to be for three years, which makes me believe she plans on staying all four. I can’t imagine she’d want to carry over big college NIL deals into the W.

60wmyp.jpg

Negative obsessions are not healthy.

there only 8 players making 228,000 - 200,000 there around 40 100,000 half of wnba makes less 100,000 salary cap in 2020 was 1,300,000 per team . when you share 1,300,000 between 12 players some college players are making more than wnba players.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
there only 8 players making 228,000 - 200,000 there around 40 100,000 half of wnba makes less 100,000 salary cap in 2020 was 1,300,000 per team . when you share 1,300,000 between 12 players some college players are making more than wnba players.
You forgot to include endorsements and overseas money, which dwarfs whatever pittance she will be getting from the league. But she knows that if she has a big debut splash in the WNBA, then those first 2 things I mentioned will follow in quick order.

You forgot to include endorsements and overseas money, which dwarfs whatever pittance she will be getting from the league. But she knows that if she has a big debut splash in the WNBA, then those first 2 things I mentioned will follow in quick order.
agree but she already during better than bottle of wnba players. and she might still get more endorsements yet in college. there money endors. in pros for big name players.

Reactions: grayshill
agree but she already during better than bottle of wnba players. and she might still get more endorsements yet in college. there money endors. in pros for big name players.
I forgot she had a deal with Gatorade as well. Too bad for her that Boston stole her crown (and her lunch money while she was at it), so that will probably hurt her future earnings potential as College Miss Thing.

Her deal with StockX was said to be for three years, which makes me believe she plans on staying all four. I can’t imagine she’d want to carry over big college NIL deals into the W.
I think she will stick with Gatorade for a long time and remember her instagram account has over 800,000 subscribers which translates to $8,000 a month (rule of thumb) so I don't think $200,000 from the W will lure her away from College.

I forgot she had a deal with Gatorade as well. Too bad for her that Boston stole her crown (and her lunch money while she was at it), so that will probably hurt her future earnings potential as College Miss Thing.
that 1 million was what was hinting at. gatoraid. she hurting to go pro.

VN Store

Back