A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

GeneralsHuntBears

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Release: November 22, 2019

Director: Marielle Heller

Written by: Youree Henley, Peter Saraf, Marc Turtletaub, Leah Holzer

Distributor: Sony

Starring: Tom Hanks, Matthew Rhys, Susan Kelechi Watson, Chris Cooper

I can’t think of anyone better than Tom Hanks to portray Mr. Rogers.

Last edited:
If Hanks pulls this off (which from the preview it looks like he does), he's got to be the greatest actor of this generation.

Reactions: JCP201
I think he already is . I think this will be really good. I really think movies that come out around the Holidays are mostly better than Summer Blockbusters.

Summer is for action, turn your mind off, watch it 30 times, and just generally geek out movies.

Winter is the time to be more reflective and dramas scratch that itch.... also it’s Oscar season.

Not sure if I ever posted this before, but when I was in college some friends and I met Mr. Hanks by chance on Fripp Island when he was filming Vietnam Scenes for Forest Gump. He was very nice to all of us. One guy in our group had a legitimate interest in the entertainment business and the personality to match. Mr. Hanks let the guy go for a walk with him and they talked for an hour or two. I've encountered a lot of very friendly music celebrities having lived in Nashville for a fairly long time, but that experience at Fripp really sticks out.

Not sure if I ever posted this before, but when I was in college some friends and I met Mr. Hanks by chance on Fripp Island when he was filming Vietnam Scenes for Forest Gump. He was very nice to all of us. One guy in our group had a legitimate interest in the entertainment business and the personality to match. Mr. Hanks let the guy go for a walk with him and they talked for an hour or two. I've encountered a lot of very friendly music celebrities having lived in Nashville for a fairly long time, but that experience at Fripp really sticks out.

Double Dutch rudder, IMO

VN Store

Back