9 Wins?

Lsu and SC are gonna be tough on the road, Gators are down but they always seem to have our number for some reason, throw in probable losses to the Tide and Bulldogs and that leaves 7 wins plus a win in the bowl game

And SCAR got Spencer Rattler from OKIE . They aint gonna roll over.

it's easy to forget but think back to last years South Carolina game. There is five minutes left in the second quarter. Vols are up 5-0! (Thats TOUCHDOWNS) Thats what makes me smile!

It got too close for comfort in the second half, didn't it?

Ima say 10 wins I'm sick of reading articles against us. LSU isn't as strong as they used to be. Yes they have talent they always have a lot of talent but new coach and I think they struggle a bit. Pitt lost their qb and their wide reciever not saying we will beat them by 4 TDs but it'll be fairly close I think we win by 10. Florida is in the gutter we beat them by 2 TDs. Kentucky will give us a good fight but they will lose. Bama and Georgia will beat us and we beat everyone else.

I like your attitude. What are Dr.s prescribing for Battered Vol Syndrome these days

Is this a likely result, or does UT stumble a bit this season? There are no wrong answers - we are playing with house money now!
Is this a likely result, or does UT stumble a bit this season? There are no wrong answers - we are playing with house money now!

I don’t think 9 wins is likely unless you count the bowl game. I think we still have holes on defense and other SEC teams will make adjustments to slow down our offense. I would go with 8-4 regular season record.

Reactions: JRich and PowerT83
They'll be no surprises with the offense this year, everyone has seen it now. To get to 9 means they improved a lot on defense.. The schedule is kind of favorable though the way it sets up.. Got to stop the scrambling qb's and get off the field on 3rd down.

They'll be no surprises with the offense this year, everyone has seen it now. To get to 9 means they improved a lot on defense.. The schedule is kind of favorable though the way it sets up.. Got to stop the scrambling qb's and get off the field on 3rd down.
You assume our offense is static. Here's hoping the opposing coaches all assume that as well.

Regular season 8 minimum, 9 likely, 10 possible if we can get both LSU and UF.

I'm expecting this team to beat the teams we're supposed to. That means everyone in the East with the current exception of UGA. Of course UF is a conundrum, but we should get them this year.

LSU is a toss up.

Lsu and SC are gonna be tough on the road, Gators are down but they always seem to have our number for some reason, throw in probable losses to the Tide and Bulldogs and that leaves 7 wins plus a win in the bowl game
Gators aren’t just down IMO there’s an open cultural mutiny going on over there.

Players may decide to send a message by not showing up vs us this year.

Who knows but they’ve got a bad vibe coming into this season. I’ll go out on a limb and say we beat them pretty handily this year. If we play relaxed this game shouldn’t be a teeth gnashing affair.

Reactions: 9876543vol
9 Wins? Possible, however as we are sure to improve, so will others, so not likely. If UT doesn't shore up the defense in the middle of the field, I see a repeat of 2021.

I dont see a automatic loss on the schedule.
10-2 highest probability. 11-1 with a break
I think we beat everyone but UGA and South Carolina

Reactions: 9876543vol
LSU has talent. I think their season including the UT game comes down significantly to finding a QB. That was a struggle at times for Kelly at ND.

USCe... is who they are talent wise. I think Beamer is a solid guy and a solid coach in the mold of Stoops. In time, I think he will build a similar program. They won't overwhelm you with talent but will be so consistent that they can beat you if you have an off game..

I guess whether you think USCe will be "tough" or not comes down to how good you think Rattler is and whether you think last year was a fluke or not.

Personally, I think Rattler was surrounded by MUCH better talent last year at OU. He couldn't hold on to the job in part because he threw the ball to the other team too much. There were also hints that his mistakes were mental... decision making types of mistakes. He may be great... but I doubt it and he isn't surrounded by great playmakers. So it is on him far more than it ever was at OU.

I also don't think last year's first half was a fluke. UT is a match up problem for most teams with roughly equal talent or less. The offensive scheme just won't let you consistently hide bad match ups.

If anything, UT should have kept the pedal to the floor in the 2nd half. The D wasn't good enough to be trusted to protect a lead. But I don't think they've upgraded defensive personnel enough to stop UT. So then it becomes a question of whether they have the playmakers to keep up on O. I don't think they do regardless of where the game is played.

I expect Florida to give up on this season at some point and maybe their HC too. They will give all against us, but it won’t be enough. We get the win this year.

I expect Ga to have a drop off and be beatable.

Alabama is ate up with NIL envy. The gump’s players could be bitter about playing for peanuts. They are a wild card.

LSU is beatable just like the rest on out schedule. Some more than others.

9 wins plus 1 for the bowl could be way under. Nothing will be easy.

I expect JH and staff to have our guys ready with a winning game plan for each team on our schedule.

I expect the players to put in the work and be ready to execute the game plan JH has for them each week.

I expect me to be able to go to, watch, or listen to all games.

Let the chips fall. I like our chances.
You’re all over the place. Nothing will be easy but UGA is beatable, Bama is a wild card, and LSU is like the other games on our schedule. Interesting. It sounds like you have us winning anywhere from 5 to 12 games. On that, I agree.

I'm thinking 8-4 but if we can avoid the injury bug 9 wins is doable. The only games we will be big underdogs is UGA and BAMA. Everything other game on our schedule in winnable.

You’re all over the place. Nothing will be easy but UGA is beatable, Bama is a wild card, and LSU is like the other games on our schedule. Interesting. It sounds like you have us winning anywhere from 5 to 12 games. On that, I agree.
Counting the post season, I expect 12+.

Reactions: hUTch2002
9 is the regular season floor. 10 is likely. I’d say 11 if uga was in Neyland. Expect uga to slip this year and our game in November to have SEC championship implications. Our offense is gonna be something to behold!

For where this program still is, there are no automatic wins in the SEC. Three automatic losses FL, GA, AL (we keep telling ourselves FL is a win year after year, after year.) Losses at Pitt, LSU, and SC are possible. Could be very high pressure to beat Kentucky, Missouri and Vandy to get to .500. We'll be in a shootout most games with very little margin for error.

For where this program still is, there are no automatic wins in the SEC. Three automatic losses FL, GA, AL (we keep telling ourselves FL is a win year after year, after year.) Losses at Pitt, LSU, and SC are possible. Could be very high pressure to beat Kentucky, Missouri and Vandy to get to .500. We'll be in a shootout most games with very little margin for error.
Freezing cold take

Reactions: Clad in Big Orange

VN Store

Back