#9 on 247

That screenshot shows UT at #12 when I look at it, with Auburn at #11 and Penn St at #13.
Seriously, you do not understand what the OP has stated? He has, along with others, pointed out that the number in the square below the number 12 is the ranking for 247 itself. The twelve is the composite of ALL rating services.

Not sure they are not either. We will know in a year or two just as we will about all Freshmen players.
If they were coming from JuCo, Solomon would still be a 5 star, while Gibbs would be a 4 star. To be honest, Solomon's lack of production had more to do with injuries and getting back up to speed than getting beaten out.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The two clear leaders in the SEC are Bama and Georgia. Bama got 24 five and four star players. Georgia got 16. LSU 14, Auburn 14, Texas A&M 13, Tennessee 11, Florida 11. Five and four star players are the most likely to immediately help your program. If you add the two transfers were right in the mix with everybody but Bama.
I'm seeing UGA with 20 and UT at 13. Are you using the 247 composite?
2019 Football Team Rankings

Class rankings mean nothing. Just gives some fans bragging rights that's all.

Recruiting should be rated on each team's success in landing commitments from athletes that can fill the needs of a team's continued development.

Our coaching staff is not swayed by how many "stars" are attached to a player by a group of people pretending to know all.

Every year there have been many high rated athletes that do not pan out.

Trust our coaches to go after what they feel will help our team the best.

First time posting, Im beyond excited for this class, after watching our boys gettin pushed around in the trenches for so long. Can’t wait to see these guys in action!

Welcome to Volnation!! I agree 100%..We are slowly adding size in the trenches, which we need to win in this conference. Keep posting man!

Reactions: VolFanatic27
Seriously, you do not understand what the OP has stated? He has, along with others, pointed out that the number in the square below the number 12 is the ranking for 247 itself. The twelve is the composite of ALL rating services.

Thank you!! I thought I was being as clear as humanly possible but apparently I wasn't.

Our recruiting rankings don't include the fact we got two 5* transfers either. Add in those guys, and the overall talent influx from last year to this upcoming year has to be near the best in the country.
We can’t say that for sure because other people have gotten transfers as well.

Means looked superior to Wilhoite for the coaches when observed in person.

Middleton is older and more of a true 3-4 DE...but I think Anderson is a Sunday player someday. That was a miss imo. Although Middletons athleticism for a big is enormous.

Solomon over W. Washington I'm also good with.
All 3 of those TNboys are players! They're good and will play for their colleges, however when you turn on the tape and read their measurables you can see why Pruitt made them a priority.

This!! CJP and our staff don't take a lot of gamble's on diamonds in the rough like Butch did. I trust CJP and this staff wat more than Butch or that MAC Conference staff he blessed us with yearly. I definitely see why he recruited the lower rated recruits that he did.

Penn State has a huge discrepancy between their composite and 24/7 rating, 13 and 3 respectively.

Crazy Ivan In other words, instead of looking at the composite we should look at who has us ranked highest and go with them. That's how Bama got a lot of Nattys back in the days of numerous polls like AP, UPI, Litkenhous etc... etc...

Reactions: cbatey1
I was looking at the rankings and numbers on 247 and on the composite we are #12 and #7 in the SEC. But outside of Ala and Ga #3-#7 average player ranking is #3 91.16 -#7 90.49. So really 3-7 there's very little to no difference when you compare the overall average recruit.

On 247's rankings, The Vols are ranked #9 in the Country and #5 in the SEC..#2 in the East behind just Georgia. This was a very great recruiting class, especially considering we are coming off a 5-7 season. And we have the #1 recruiter in the nation!!

Just imagine what CJP and this staff will do once we make it to a bowl next season.

So we can say we have a top 10 class on one of the recruiting services!!!

I like the way you spin it:)

Everyone likes to play stargazer and that's OK with me too.

The MOST important thing is how well are these kids playing on the field in 2 or 3 years.

That will show us how our S & C program did and how well they were coached up as we expect our WIN total to be going up at that time.

Looking at our entire recruiting class and the many needs that were filled if all came in on the same day I'd simply have to say...

"We had a Great day!"

VFL...GBO!!!

This is a good class and a great effort by our coaching staff and I must say hats off to them for what they did considering our record the past couple of years. But, putting so much emphasis on rankings is not the best indicator of things to come. IMO, coaching is more important than rankings because look what teams like Vandy have done with their classes. So far CJP looks to be doing the right things to get us back on track but only time will tell.
Looking forward to next year and GBO!!!

Crazy Ivan In other words, instead of looking at the composite we should look at who has us ranked highest and go with them. That's how Bama got a lot of Nattys back in the days of numerous polls like AP, UPI, Litkenhous etc... etc...
Some on this board really don't take the time to read the posts, or the ones referenced before making asinine comments. The OP was saying that we can say we were ranked in the top ten on at least one of the rating sites. Go back and read the posts before being inappropriately sarcastic.

VN Store

Back