#9 on 247

I think the was a well above average class...the NSD signings really boosted it...especially Toot Toot...

There were some misses...I really wish we had pushed for Anderson and Wilhoite...switch those two for Middleton and Means and it’s a perfect class IMO...

But regardless...I think Pruitt and staff did a fantastic job...as someone else said it’s definitely a step in the right direction...if he lands 2 more classes of this caliber and they’re developed properly then we’ll definitely be competing with the big boys again

Reactions: jasonvol18
I think the was a well above average class...the NSD signings really boosted it...especially Toot Toot...

There were some misses...I really wish we had pushed for Anderson and Wilhoite...switch those two for Middleton and Means and it’s a perfect class IMO...

But regardless...I think Pruitt and staff did a fantastic job...as someone else said it’s definitely a step in the right direction...if he lands 2 more classes of this caliber and they’re developed properly then we’ll definitely be competing with the big boys again

Means looked superior to Wilhoite for the coaches when observed in person.

Middleton is older and more of a true 3-4 DE...but I think Anderson is a Sunday player someday. That was a miss imo. Although Middletons athleticism for a big is enormous.

Solomon over W. Washington I'm also good with.
All 3 of those TNboys are players! They're good and will play for their colleges, however when you turn on the tape and read their measurables you can see why Pruitt made them a priority.

Reactions: jasonvol18
This is a good step in the right direction. More work needed.
Yep. I feel good about our class, but then you look at Georgia and Alabama's classes and realize they just keep widening the gap on talent. But honestly I'm not even worried about them right now. Right now I just want to see us get back to beating South Carolina, Mizzou, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt on a regular basis. We have GOT to start winning November again! Once we start doing that, along with winning our non conference games. then I'll worry about GA, FL, and AL.

GREAT class...an off-season victory, for sure...

Now MAYBE...Tennessee can give Vandy a tough game?

JUST WIN GAMES!

Means looked superior to Wilhoite for the coaches when observed in person.

Middleton is older and more of a true 3-4 DE...but I think Anderson is a Sunday player someday. That was a miss imo. Although Middletons athleticism for a big is enormous.

Solomon over W. Washington I'm also good with.
All 3 of those TNboys are players! They're good and will play for their colleges, however when you turn on the tape and read their measurables you can see why Pruitt made them a priority.

I’m worried about Middleton...I’m afraid he has JUCO bust written all over him...he was listed as an EE but then that fell through and according to a quote directly from him he’s barely working out right now...

I hope I’m wrong...but either way I still think an in state, highly rated, highly pursued, EE that wanted to be here should have been a take over Middleton..

Oh well...I still love the class

I’m worried about Middleton...I’m afraid he has JUCO bust written all over him...he was listed as an EE but then that fell through and according to a quote directly from him he’s barely working out right now...

I hope I’m wrong...but either way I still think an in state, highly rated, highly pursued, EE that wanted to be here should have been a take over Middleton..

Oh well...I still love the class

Middleton is from Oak Ridge.
So he's a TN boy. School hasn't been his strongest occupation in life, but the kid hasn't given up on his potential. He's had a tough road. He's 6'7 300 lbs and not even gotten serious about lifting, yet. That's a good or bad thing depending on how you want to look at it.

All the same, I wish Anderson were still part part of the class too.

feels pretty good to be talking about how close we got to the Top 10...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

I gotta say the class pulled in this year is encouraging, as some immediate needs appear to have been filled (*on paper, we'll see how they pan out on the field) as well as the next line of quality talent to coach up and to replace the normal yearly graduation/draft attrition. Echoing what some others have said, if Pruitt and staff can pull in this kind of a haul coming off a 5-7 year, I'm eager to see what the future holds for the Vols.

Our recruiting rankings don't include the fact we got two 5* transfers either. Add in those guys, and the overall talent influx from last year to this upcoming year has to be near the best in the country.

Yep The difference in Talent from a year ago will be night & Day; especially on the LOS. (Where games are won in the SEC)

I really like this class. Two things that makes me feel that way. Number one is the fact that I feel like we are in good hands with CJP and crew. CPF as well. Second is the fact that we upgraded in positions of need. Icing on the cake is the fact that UF, GA, and Ala, are looking over their shoulder at us and sweating. We're coming.

Seeing that the O-line was a priority was definitely a great step in the right direction, but the other transfers will also raise our overall talent level on not just the line. If CJP and company can develop talent as well as they can recruit we are moving in the direction of conference relevance again. I don't wanna get too excited yet ( I see life through orange tinted lenses a little too often) but this makes me excited to see the level of play and the talent increase pay dividends on the field in 2019 even if the win total is not as high as I would like when the dust settles on 2019. Here is to a surprising (and admittedly optimistic) 8 win season full of hopefully close games when we take L's.

#1 rated OL class, that's what mattered most and Pruitt did it.

Exactly, we got several great lineman, even outside of our 5 stars. We've not had a line recruited like this since the Fulmer days. It makes me wonder if he had any play in that. He sent OL to the NFL

Not sure they’re 5* guys now.
Wanya and Darnell are the only composite 5*'s.

but To'oto'o and Crouch were both 5*'s at one point. not sure why HT dropped. Crouch had the foot injury early in his sr. year, so they dropped him.

The two clear leaders in the SEC are Bama and Georgia. Bama got 24 five and four star players. Georgia got 16. LSU 14, Auburn 14, Texas A&M 13, Tennessee 11, Florida 11. Five and four star players are the most likely to immediately help your program. If you add the two transfers were right in the mix with everybody but Bama.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Not sure those are the final rankings; there are several players on quite a few teams that haven't even been added yet... that's typical for ESPN recruiting, who often takes a few days to update.
No they are still updating.

VN Store

Back