9-2 and people are having a meltdown.

LSU will not get in the playoffs with 2 losses

After last night, they got help from us. They should be #5 tomorrow. They will then move up 1 after OSU/Michigan loser drops out of top 5…. LSU at #4 or #5 going into Atlanta means they are in the playoff with a win. No way a top 4/5th ranked team gets left out of playoff if they beat #1 in the final week

It sucks to be out of playoff contention, national spotlight, and seeing such uninspired football being played. So people are pissed.

Personally I’m disappointed but I didn’t expect much this season. So 10-2 is fine.

If they drop one to Vandy though… it’ll get bad.

9 and 2 isn’t the story. It’s how we got there that is.
It’s like we were running the hurdles inbtrack and field and cleared them all and then tripped in front of the finish line.
Good grief but that was embarrassing

It's as if it was an WWE script, "You have to lay down for this one. His dad is here to watch him. You'll get payback in the future." As if that ever happens.

Honestly, this loss allows Heupel and Co. to rip the bandaid off and not play/coach tight. Sucks ass but now we have no pressure on us. Go out and handle Vandy and maybe we get lucky and backdoor a NY6 bowl. Successful second year. I still stand by I would take a loss to South Carolina if it meant ending the streak vs Bama while doing undefeated in Neyland.

If Heupel loses to Vandy, his seat starts to get a smidge warm and Volnation will melt down like we have never seen before

If Heupel loses to Vandy, his seat starts to get a smidge warm and Volnation will melt down like we have never seen before

So don’t lose to Vandy. They don’t do anything special and their QB doesn’t scare anyone.

31-38 point should be more than enough to beat Candy

So don’t lose to Vandy. They don’t do anything special and their QB doesn’t scare anyone.

That's what everybody said about SC, and they rolled us with minimal effort. Vandy is peaking at right time and we will be starting Overthrow Joe. Our chances are severely diminished next week

You can't blame people for being upset or in meltdown mode. YES, upsets happen every weekend and big upsets happen that KO superior teams from time-to-time. But most of the time those upsets come on flukes or amazing plays and come down to the wire. Last night South Carolina didn't just fluke into a win against UT. They didn't just beat us on a hail mary last second play or eek out a win by recovering a fumble and taking it to the house. They dominated every aspect of the game from the opening kickoff. They played wide open on offense and defense and without any fear.

Yes it's easy to say that anyone would be happy with a 9-2 record if you asked them in July or August - even ecstatic. But perspective means everything. If you told those same people our only loss would be to Georgia going into the South Carolina game with very good chance at making the CFB playoff and we would have the dubious honor of being the only top 5 team in 100 YEARS to give up more than 60 points to an unranked team and blow our chances at the playoff those same people would probably say, "wait, WHAT." Because it's mind boggling to have come up with such a lack of effort last night playing a team that's not that good and has the worst offensive line of any SEC teams in the conference. A team that was missing it's top two RBs as well. A team that just got boatraced by Florida the week before who, by the way, got beat up by friggin Vandy yesterday.

So I don't blame people for reacting so strongly. Fan is short for fanatic. I'll never forget the Bama win this year. It made up for years of going through horrible coaches like Precious, the Trumpet Humper, and Coach Gomer. But I'll also never forget this loss either and what was on the line and how bad they got pounded. I ran my hand through a wooden table when I was 16 years old and shot a bone through my hand that left a permanent scar over the Memphis State debacle. I was at the 05 Vandy game when we lost to them for the first time in forever and that was embarrassing and mind numbing. I'm older now and life goes on and my life doesn't revolve around CFB. But I also know that we don't get many chances like we had this year going into last night as a football program like UT. And when you blow THOSE opportunities they hurt a lot worse.

Let people vent however it makes them feel better. You can't blame some people for reacting so strongly. And if you are still happy with the season even after last night's pounding I'm not going to look down on you for that either because the team did give us a lot to love in 2022. I'm just saying I definitely understand why it hurts so badly when you are that close to the playoff just to have the rug not only just yanked out from under you but for the house you are in to be blown up and set on fire at the same time.

LOL die hard for participation trophies. All of 30 huh? I guess you weren't taught that losing is the opposite of winning and that winning was the actual goal. But giving up 63 points to a team that you were 22 point favorites over with a shot at a National Championship is embarrassing and inexcusable. If you are not pissed about that then YOU are a bandwagon fan.

I am pissed but I'm not throwing a tantrum and acting like we had a horrible season. Bandwagon fan LOL.

My favorite part is the argument that 10-2 or more likely 9-3 is better than we expected. True, but if you asked would that record be ok if we choked against uscjr and blew a playoff berth, you would get a different opinion.

My favorite part is the argument that 10-2 or more likely 9-3 is better than we expected. True, but if you asked would that record be ok if we choked against uscjr and blew a playoff berth, you would get a different opinion.

I wouldn’t trade beating Bama and ending the streak for last night for anything.

Not having a meltdown - but that wasn't an upset; it was an absolute beatdown. Giving up 60+ to a God-awful offense led by one of the least consistent QB's in the league. Defense was Sal Sunseri bad. Something went wrong in that locker room, and we better fix it fast. We have little to play for, and Vandy is on a roll and fighting for a bowl. That's a bad place to be...esp with a hurt QB.

Reactions: TN1111
Saban also had some horrible losses his first two seasons while building Bama. Tonight sucks balls but in the grand scheme, we are well ahead of schedule. We now get to see how Heupel handles a program junk punch with losing playoff bid and Heisman contender QB to injury. Next two games will tell us a lot about Heupel.
Saban went 12-0 regular season and lost the SECCG and bowl game at Bama in year 2.

I’m certainly not scared of Vandy and TN should win on talent alone there, but ...

SC’s QB didn’t scare anyone either and he lit us up like the 4th of July! And 31-38 points should have been way more than enough to whip a team that scored 6 whole pts to a mediocre at best UF team just last week, but turns 64 points was the needed number. So there is that to seriously consider.

This mentality is what results in games like last night. Thinking you can win just by showing because you're not scared of them.

The disappointment to me was I predicted we would go 10-2 preseason with losses to Bama and Georgia. It was apparent Florida was in a bad place and I figured getting LSU early with a new coach favored us. With all the excitement of this season it just feels like a letdown to check the “meets expectations “ box.

VN Store

Back