#8 Washington State

I've watched every one their games this season, and you don't have to look any further than their o-line for the reason for their success. If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times, football is won and lost at the line of scrimmage. The teams that win, win up front.
Is this the captain obvious quote for the night ....
So you think losing our best player at any position LT Trey Smith was bad and also losing possibly our 2nd best OL in Kennedy was also bad?

Let's liken UT football to a corporation.

Let's say I am the new head honcho of a failing businesses and I have this dream of rebuilding UT back into a powerhouse that can compete with Alabama, but can't afford to hire Nick Saban to operate the company.

I narrow the applications down to two canidates that I can afford and have shown genuine interest. The two canidates are Mike Leach and Jeremy Pruitt. Knowing that a successful company cannot be built in a day, I go over the resumes and see that candidate A (Leach) is a proven head coach who has stabilize two programs and has won consistently in his previous jobs. Candidate B (Pruitt) is an unproven coach/ coordinator under Saban, which in some cases is not always a bad thing.

After interviewing both of them, I come to the smart conclusion that Pruitt needs to build experience at a small school before handing him the keys to UT football.

After four to five years of Leach stabilizing the program, I am now ready to take a gamble and make the smash mouth defensive coaching hire. Maybe with head coaching experience at a smaller program under his belt, Pruitt could be that hire.

So you hire Leach to come in for 4-5yrs then switch to a coach to with a completely different philosophy and personnel type?

Makes sense

Reactions: illvol
They're top 10, 8-2, and looking good tonight. Their quarterback looks solid. Any thoughts on having Mike Leach wrapped up and Fulmer torpedoing the deal?
Still sick over it...He would've been awesome here and the fanbase would've loved seeing a high powered offense like he uses...Sure would've been a lot of Orange and White pirate flags on the Tennessee river...I really like the guy and think he would've done good here...Shame it didn't get done.

Reactions: DEFENDTHISHOUSE
Leach at Washington State
Year 1: 3-9
Year 2: 5-6
Year 3: 3-9

If Leach had been here, you would’ve been done after year 1. It’s almost like having more than 11 games to develop your roster is a good thing sometimes...
Dude its Washington State...A school with pretty much no football history and pretty much a bottom feeder in the Pac 10 historically...Leach is a winner and he wins with the hand he is dealt and he does it his way....He did the same thing at Texas Tech.

They're top 10, 8-2, and looking good tonight. Their quarterback looks solid. Any thoughts on having Mike Leach wrapped up and Fulmer torpedoing the deal?
I'm ok with it now, but I was really pulling for ML. He is a mad football scientist. Exactly what we needed, I thought. Over now though, and JP is a good one.

Dude,,, They are in a weaker conference. Different players and two different teams. We never had Leach wrapped. I for one am glad Pruitt is here. You have to have a hard nose football team to play in the SEC. Leach would not be able to do that here. Just relax, be patient and I know that is hard. We have not been good for a long time but that is not this Staff's fault. TN didn't get in this shape in a year and it will take longer than a year to get out. Pruitt knows what it takes to win in the SEC.

Dude its Washington State...A school with pretty much no football history and pretty much a bottom feeder in the Pac 10 historically...Leach is a winner and he wins with the hand he is dealt and he does it his way....He did the same thing at Texas Tech.
Totally agree, I like Leach. Simply pointing out that Wazzu in his 6th year to us in Pruitt’s first is an unfair comparison. Not like he would’ve come in here and done much better than Pruitt right off the bat.

Is this the captain obvious quote for the night ....
So you think losing our best player at any position LT Trey Smith was bad and also losing possibly our 2nd best OL in Kennedy was also bad?
It must not be to obvious if a thread was started about WSU's HC and QB making a difference here. Until we get a S.E.C. caliber o-line coordinators will be hamstrung.

I think Mike Leach is a solid coach and very entertaining. And he's been at his program for six seasons. I think we need to look at Pruitt 5 years from now to give an honest comparison. As others have stated, he started with a losing record his first season. As did many successful coaches.

Still sick over it...He would've been awesome here and the fanbase would've loved seeing a high powered offense like he uses...Sure would've been a lot of Orange and White pirate flags on the Tennessee river...I really like the guy and think he would've done good here...Shame it didn't get done.

Yeah I am sure his high powered offense would have worked in the SEC. Thats why UGA, UF, TAMU, OM, LSU, SC, MSU all went after him when their jobs opened up. Oh let me guess, the old well Leach wont bow down to boosters excuse? The Texas Tech issue? Lol. Give me a break. He is where he belongs, in a weak conference that plays weak schedules and little defense.

Leach looks like a male grandmother. His press conferences are a joke.

Yeah I am sure his high powered offense would have worked in the SEC. Thats why UGA, UF, TAMU, OM, LSU, SC, MSU all went after him when their jobs opened up. Oh let me guess, the old well Leach wont bow down to boosters excuse? The Texas Tech issue? Lol. Give me a break. He is where he belongs, in a weak conference that plays weak schedules and little defense.

Whats our record in press. Conferences?

Asking for a friend

Consult the SEC record book. Leach’s offense has already worked in the big bad SEC.

VN Store

Back