8 Vols assistants reject UT pay cut to help with losses due to covid

Nobody is “required” to take a voluntary pay cut, sure, but you better be confident in your value-add to your organization and/or market value before refusing to “take one for the team.”

Since all of these guys are scrubs, UT should immediately scour their company phones/email inboxes to find absolutely anything that permits their firing for cause.

Are any of you who are running these guys down taking a pay reduction at your job willingly? These guys have bills to pay just like you.

Edit: I'm not a fan of their coaching btw.
I’ll bet you they could all take a cut equivalent to my current salary, still pay all their bills, all buy brand new Cadillacs, still eat out every damn day and have a lot left over.

From their perspective it’s probably the other way around. Why give money back to the AD that may very well end up being used for their severance? In a profession where your job security is always tenuous, I don’t blame any of them for not taking a pay cut. Unfortunately that is the world of professional (for them) athletics.
I mean, professionally it’s smart. I’d probably do the same thing, but it’s a bad look.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Are any of you who are running these guys down taking a pay reduction at your job willingly? These guys have bills to pay just like you.

Edit: I'm not a fan of their coaching btw.
Well if I wasn’t doing my job up to a certain standard. I wouldn’t be asked to take a pay cut. I would be fired.

Reactions: tnutater
Well, I'm not sure about you, but I know my pockets have been affected by this covid nonsense... and I'm sure a lot more people have been impacted. Now granted, I'm not begging on the Lovell Rd or Shallowford Rd exits and wondering where my next meal is coming from, but I was personally affected.

Does that mean that they have any obligation legally? Nope. And really, there really isn't a strong ethical case other than my personal feelings about how I view the situation.

I'm sure they will sleep well regardless of what a nobody like me says on a messageboard.

Not really a worthwhile counterpoint... Those employees should not have to take a pay cut to offset the losses from other departments that were not profitable to start with... Nor do they have an obligation to offset losses that the University has accumulated over the years of mismanagement or wasteful spending or pet programs that lose money every single year...

Just because a person's individual ethics predispose them to lean one way or another on a matter, doesn't make it right or wrong... Which is why we have contracts in writing...

For all you know, maybe some of these people that are declining pay cuts are contributing significant amounts of personal income to local shelters and food banks... Maybe they've taken on greater responsibilities caring for members outside of their immediate family...

Let's not make moral judgements on these individuals one way or another without ALL of the facts and context... To do so would be unethical... And you seem big on that...

Reactions: Visiting Dawg
Maybe not but Rick Barnes and his staff took a pay cut so optics are bad regardless
I've seen this response from you a couple of times now. Since you like to do financial research about the University of Tennessee Athletic Department, go ahead and show us the revenues these sports bring in. Then add all those revenues together and compare them to what football brings in. I'll wait.

What is the AD setting up by leaking this info?
Not a leak, public employees ' compensation details and contracts are public records.

"Eight Tennessee football staff members rejected pay cuts that were proposed by the athletic department to help combat financial losses caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, according to documents obtained by Knox News via a public records request. "

I've seen this response from you a couple of times now. Since you like to do financial research about the University of Tennessee Athletic Department, go ahead and show us the revenues these sports bring in. Then add all those revenues together and compare them to what football brings in. I'll wait.
How much did football bring in this year and how much will it next if this staff is brought back? I'll wait

Nobody is “required” to take a voluntary pay cut, sure, but you better be confident in your value-add to your organization and/or market value before refusing to “take one for the team.”

Since all of these guys are scrubs, UT should immediately scour their company phones/email inboxes to find absolutely anything that permits their firing for cause.

These guys are all going to get fired anyways and they know it. Its why they want their money.

VN Store

Back