8 Official Visitors At LSU Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what the other LSU fan was referencing was that Cutcliffe was already at Tennessee, so he thinks there would have been less of a "adaptation period."

How did you get this out of..."Cutcliffe doesn't need any time to adjust to Tennessee. Your junior QB got took from the game.

This argument just doesn't hold any water."

A smart recruit could recognize that UT is on the way up because of coaching changes. LSU, for the same reason, is on the way down.

Cutcliffe doesn't need any time to adjust to Tennessee. Your junior QB got took from the game.

This argument just doesn't hold any water.

Ktvol stated the arguement that UT is on the way up because of coaching changes. The LSU fan said that it shouldn't be that big of a factor because Cutcliffe was already there, so he shouldn't need that much of an adjustment time and so UT wouldn't dramatically improve because of him. He should be operating near the peak now. You lost because the your QB couldn't play against us, not because UT is in a coaching rebuilding period.

I am not advocating any of this....just elaborating what he said. It seemed pretty clear to me, although not quite so elequently put. Certainly wasn't completely incoherent babble.

Ktvol stated the arguement that UT is on the way up because of coaching changes. The LSU fan said that it shouldn't be that big of a factor because Cutcliffe was already there, so he shouldn't need that much of an adjustment time and so UT wouldn't dramatically improve because of him. He should be operating near the peak now. You lost because the your QB couldn't play against us, not because UT is in a coaching rebuilding period.

I am not advocating any of this....just elaborating what he said. It seemed pretty clear to me, although not quite so elequently put. Certainly wasn't completely incoherent babble.

UT lost because LSU had better athletes across the board. Any LSU loss this year lies soley on the shoulders of their coaches. That is the most talented team I have seen all year. Two losses for that LSU team is inexcusable.

That is a sentiment of many LSU fans. Personally I don't quite buy into it. Firstly, look at who we played and where. This is the first time in LSU history we have played so many top 10 away.

Secondly, look at how we lost. Florida was from turnovers.....how exactly is that coaching? Luck simply wasn't with us that day and Florida capitalized.

Auburn was a batch of homecooking that later took Florida down as well. There were two obviously bad calls(Hester fumble call on the field being overturned to be incomplete and the DI hold in the endzone), that of EITHER of them go our way, we win. (We would be in range of a easy FG, so even if we go 3 and out, we aren't forced to go for the TD at the end.)

As long as JR or Glen Dorsey don't go pro....we can make a serious case for a national title run with next years schedule.

actually sometimes good coaching does prevent turnovers. for instance look at tiki barbers stats.

That is a sentiment of many LSU fans. Personally I don't quite buy into it. Firstly, look at who we played and where. This is the first time in LSU history we have played so many top 10 away.

Secondly, look at how we lost. Florida was from turnovers.....how exactly is that coaching? Luck simply wasn't with us that day and Florida capitalized.

Auburn was a batch of homecooking that later took Florida down as well. There were two obviously bad calls(Hester fumble call on the field being overturned to be incomplete and the DI hold in the endzone), that of EITHER of them go our way, we win. (We would be in range of a easy FG, so even if we go 3 and out, we aren't forced to go for the TD at the end.)

I completely understand your reasoning, and Florida's defense, especially the secondary, may be a tad more cohesive than LSU's. Your overall team speed is frightening. You guys should have buried Auburn. You turned the ball over too many times to beat Florida.

I know this opinion was frowned on earlier, but Russell is a double edged sword. He is an unbelievable specimen, but he has to be because he is always compensating for previous mistakes.

If Saban had this team, it would beat Ohio State by two touchdowns.

i think it was a great game for a recruit to come to. the crowd was huge, the fans were pumped and Crompton, the future, put up some amazing throws and plays. from a football perspective, i think we are hard to ignore.

I will congratulate my LSU friends on their win and allow them to enjoy their move from an 18% winning pctg to a 21% winning pctg versus UT. It is something to tell the next generation of drunk coona$$e$ about.

I will congratulate my LSU friends on their win and allow them to enjoy their move from an 18% winning pctg to a 21% winning pctg versus UT. It is something to tell the next generation of drunk coona$$e$ about.

I can see that you are bitter about having to live right in the middle of our fanbase.

Armagetz: thanks. I didn't feel the need to post a paragraph much like the one above for such a silly argument, though.

"I find it hilarious that some people are trying to lecture class, when the majority of the SEC calls UT UThug due to conduct of past and present players which is considered secondary to football performace by the overall fanbase.

Only have to look back less than 24 hours to find an example...some guy was berating the police who arrested players because of the fact they had a big game this weekend. Who cares that they were breaking the law, thats beside the point.

And the words used were no different than what we hear everyday on primetime TV. And they weren't directed to the woman in any shape or form. If either weren't true, you would have a case. But you don't. So its another case of sour grapes.[/quote]"

I find it repugnant that you use the cesspool of primetime tv to justify your coach's actions. So if it's broadcast on tv than it's acceptable? So you're ok with your children using that type of language since it's on TV? For you to say that it wasnt directed toward the woman is patently absurd, he was 1 foot away from her looking her directly in the eyes, so who was he taliking to?

Im not suprised that someone from Louisana's moral compass is dictated by the major networks.

anyways, HV..Is there any new updates on these guys that are atleast encouraging?

I find it repugnant that you use the cesspool of primetime tv to justify your coach's actions. So if it's broadcast on tv than it's acceptable? So you're ok with your children using that type of language since it's on TV? For you to say that it wasnt directed toward the woman is patently absurd, he was 1 foot away from her looking her directly in the eyes, so who was he taliking to?

Im not suprised that someone from Louisana's moral compass is dictated by the major networks.

You poor fool, society's moral compass isn't dicated by what appears on TV...it is a reflection of it. If such words were so horrible in the eyes of the average joe, they wouldn't appear on TV in the first place.

And as for direction, Miles didn't say, "GO *beep* YOURSELF YOU STUPID *beep.*" He answered her questions.

The only thing that seemed over the top to me was the hand motions...but seeing as you probably haven't seen it yet, I'll go ahead and link it.

Les Miles Halftime Interview with Tracy Wolfeson - Google Video

I don't have kids, but there is a difference between allowing them to use the words in your presence and them knowing them at all. If you think even the most prudish censoring at home will stop them from hearing every curse word known to man by the age of 11, you are naive.

i thought this was a recruiting thread.. not a bickering thread.. lets get back to recruiting and leave all that other stuff to the proper place in this forum.

I am with Volsguy12 wondering the effects of this weeks games on the recruits that were on their visits

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back