7W 4L 2H

Last I heard, trash was thrown on the field at the refs in response as well as at the Cowboys game. Keeping it classy!

Not sure how this came into this thread but Video I saw was fans throwing trash at the Cowboys players. Not so classy to throw trash at your own players or officials.

Last I heard, trash was thrown on the field at the r response as well as at the Cowboys game. Keeping it classy!

I found it a little ironic that after the Music City Bowl, the media and some acted like this was the first time ever the field had been pelted for subpar officiating. Came from UGA fans in Natty and Cowboy fans yesterday 2 games of very few I watched beside the Vols through this year. So with this small sample, I'm assuming this happens more often than reported. The hypocrisy of the media slant knows no bounds.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Good grief. It was a joke. Some in here just seem to enjoy dumping on fellow Vols. Lighten up and accept that fans gripe about officiating. Always have, always will. Some do it with comedy, like the OP.

Oh. And that crew has been disciplined by the NFL......so there’s that.

View attachment 428806

I knew when I posted was a waste of time. There is no need for another thread with tired “humor” as OP declares. There is nothing new or fresh in this thread that isn’t being said in hundreds of posts in a dozen other threads. Go post your H in one of those threads.

My perspective has not changed - and no need to lighten up. Vols were beaten by a better team on that day.

I am of a generation where solutions to problems are valued and talk don’t get you anywhere. Maybe NCAA needs to hire full time officials and put in place a Deming system to monitor and improve performance? That wouldn’t solve all problems with officiating but would provide a system of accountability. If not NCAA maybe P5?

Sorry to hijack this joke with some logic.

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
Aw it’s all in good fun, even if it’s a little tired a couple weeks out. I like the premise, it’s sort of like… uncomfortable with reality? Just substitute your own! I’m still chapped over a missed call in a Georgia game years ago where they scored a TD on the play, but the guy who caught the pass was ineligible… he wasn’t lined up as widest guy on the line. Thanks to this, I can just H that bad boy and move on with my life finally. Thanks OP 🤣

Can we please get over this already? Pathetic to keep rehashing the same thing so often especially when none of the calls people are complaining about directly cost us a win. The two long shots down the field when we could have easily set up for the winning FG were much more detrimental to our record than any of the officiating.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Ohh how good things could have been if Tennessee didn’t hit a wall in the 2nd quarter and played defense against QB runs.

I knew when I posted was a waste of time. There is no need for another thread with tired “humor” as OP declares. There is nothing new or fresh in this thread that isn’t being said in hundreds of posts in a dozen other threads. Go post your H in one of those threads.

My perspective has not changed - and no need to lighten up. Vols were beaten by a better team on that day.

I am of a generation where solutions to problems are valued and talk don’t get you anywhere. Maybe NCAA needs to hire full time officials and put in place a Deming system to monitor and improve performance? That wouldn’t solve all problems with officiating but would provide a system of accountability. If not NCAA maybe P5?

By the way, the H also now has two meanings: Hosed and Humor. Most men ten to logicize just about every thing that happens however, sometimes the absurd happens, and that is when this VN irregular tends to lean on the second meaning of the letter H. It is a coping mechanism, and God forbid us all if Humor is shunned upon in the arena of life. Humor gets me through good days and bad days, and Vol Losses that might, just might have turned out differently with better qualified Zebras. (And please please keep me posted if we abolish attempting humor on this site, as I'd have to become a Vandy fan then)

Reactions: kcvols1
I come to this forum every day to get the “news” … I liked the post as well as most posts on here. I think most of you are taking this TOO hard. And I think most of “us” just want to find something to complain about !!! So I guess I’m now complaining about the complainers 🙄 … all in good fun. 90% of the posts on here is only clutter to sort thru.

Reactions: Volador and VolInNW

Wow. You clearly take yourself very seriously. And you are aware that I'm not the original poster, aren't you? I didn't propose an "H" for anything, but it had a ring of humor to it.

I certainly hope the board will live up to your standards going forward. Perhaps Freak should work with you to carefully vet all proposed posts to make sure they meet the AdoptedVol Quality Level (AQL) before they are accepted for posting! :rolleyes:

Some don't know how to accept the L. There are normally at least 25 other plays that can be made on offense or defense.
Honestly more surprised so many of our fans are so happy to roll over and take getting screwed over.

Could we have won the game in other ways? Sure. Let’s not give these bastards a pass though, that was a TD much like the TD in the Ole Miss game completely effected the result of that game.

Reactions: TVOL71
Honestly more surprised so many of our fans are so happy to roll over and take getting screwed over.

Could we have won the game in other ways? Sure. Let’s not give these bastards a pass though, that was a TD much like the TD in the Ole Miss game completely effected the result of that game.

How is that going to change the outcome?

Can we please get over this already? Pathetic to keep rehashing the same thing so often especially when none of the calls people are complaining about directly cost us a win. The two long shots down the field when we could have easily set up for the winning FG were much more detrimental to our record than any of the officiating.

While I thought that doing a couple of runs to get closer for the FG would have been a better choice, the second long pass had a clear pass interference by the defender against Tillman. If it were not for the defender holding him back by pulling on his jersey, Tillman would have caught the pass and either scored or gotten much closer for the FG attempt, but the corrupt refs chose not to call that foul. That very likely directly cost UT the win.

VN Store

Back