#7 Utah @ Florida - 7PM EST-ESPN

Jravol78

Now go home and get your shine box
The Florida Gators play host to No. 7 Utah during the Week 1 action on Saturday, giving us one of the more interesting nonconference showdowns that we will see this season. The Utes enter one of their most anticipated seasons in program history, but entering The Swamp means facing one of the tightest point-spreads of any top-10 team this week.

The Gators enter a new era under first-year coach Billy Napier, who led Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns to a 33-5 record over the last three seasons. However, Napier has work to do building Florida up from a disappointing 6-7 effort in 2021 that went off the rails in the latter half of the season.

The Utes are fresh off one of the greatest seasons in program history. After starting 1-2, Utah rattled off nine victories over the next 10 games en route to winning its first Pac-12 championship. Running back Tavion Thomas ranked among the national leaders in rushing touchdowns with 21 scores and 1,108 yards in a breakout season.

Florida and Utah have only played once before in program history. The Gators beat the Utes 38-29 on Nov. 19, 1977, when Utah was a member of the WAC. However, both programs have reached national prominence over the last 45 years.

Reactions: LittleVol
The Florida Gators play host to No. 7 Utah during the Week 1 action on Saturday, giving us one of the more interesting nonconference showdowns that we will see this season. The Utes enter one of their most anticipated seasons in program history, but entering The Swamp means facing one of the tightest point-spreads of any top-10 team this week.

The Gators enter a new era under first-year coach Billy Napier, who led Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns to a 33-5 record over the last three seasons. However, Napier has work to do building Florida up from a disappointing 6-7 effort in 2021 that went off the rails in the latter half of the season.

The Utes are fresh off one of the greatest seasons in program history. After starting 1-2, Utah rattled off nine victories over the next 10 games en route to winning its first Pac-12 championship. Running back Tavion Thomas ranked among the national leaders in rushing touchdowns with 21 scores and 1,108 yards in a breakout season.

Florida and Utah have only played once before in program history. The Gators beat the Utes 38-29 on Nov. 19, 1977, when Utah was a member of the WAC. However, both programs have reached national prominence over the last 45 years.
This game was part of Urban meyer's buyout years ago.

Utah should ruin the honeymoon between Florida and Napier. Then again, the Gators may surprise us all.

Should be a good game.

Utah just the older more experienced team.

34-27 Utes

Reactions: Jravol78
Utah has never seen an atmosphere like The Swamp. I like UF Big. I want them undefeated when they come to Neyland.

Utah has never seen an atmosphere like The Swamp. I like UF Big. I want them undefeated when they come to Neyland.
Utah is a veteran team that beat Oregon twice last year and won their conference.

Kentucky has beaten Florida in the swamp in recent years. This ain't your Urban Meyer Gators, but they'll fight hard and make a game of it.

Florida wins this one
I’m not an SEC rah-rah nut hugger , hell I rarely If ever pull for any SEC team unless they’re playing OSU, ND, Penn ST or Meatchicken but my SEC bias would tell me Fla wins this . Biases aside and having watched both teams over the last 2 years though my head tells me that the Utes win something like 37-33.

Utah is a veteran team that beat Oregon twice last year and won their conference.

Kentucky has beaten Florida in the swamp in recent years. This ain't your Urban Meyer Gators, but they'll fight hard and make a game of it.

Oregon isn't special (as you can see) and the Rose Bowl was a fluke.

Oregon isn't special (as you can see) and the Rose Bowl was a fluke.
They lost the Rose bowl..😕. Not sure why you mentioned that.

Florida has too much inexperience. It is what is...

It will be close. But you're just being a homer if you honestly believe Florida will best them. Utah basically returned everyone.

VN Store

Back