7 SEC Stadiums make top 25 list

And what a distinguished group they have joined. I remember the game Phil lost against Cal out there. On TV at least the landscape around that stadium looked fantastic.

Last year, I went to Tuscaloosa for the first time since the 90s. It is much nicer than it used to be. Very nice. That's all I'll say.

I've never been to Bryant-Denny or Tuscaloosa, but from what I've heard the complaint isn't about the stadium or the UA campus...it's the City of Tuscaloosa itself, which supposedly isn't anything to write home about.

LIKE THE SUCKER I AM, I COULDN'T RESIST CLICKING. THEN THE REVERSE POP AD BLOCKER COMES ON THE SCREEN AND I HAVE TO AGREE TO SEE THEIR ADS! NO THANKS! i CLICKED OUT FASTER THAN I STUPIDLY CLICKED IN

How’s the new job, Coach Hoke?

Agreed. The last 5 years we paid the high dollar donations and had decent parking and good tailgating options. Downgraded to cheaper seats this year and we may as well have not bothered with the parking passes for what we got this year. I hate them.
Won't make that mistake again. Think I'll buy a boat.
Until last few seasons even with a few thousand dollar donations each year I thought I could get a decent place even after donating $2500 nothing to brag parking. I going back to my roots lol cheaper parking and buying off individuals. I can park free at Market Square Garage with $6 bus trip, 500 State Garage free, $40 Calhoun’s $40 Poplar Lot and $40 Methodist Church on Henley all $40 parking less than a 0.5 miles or buy off individuals on game week. I will not pay $150 for garbage parking again.

I've never been to Bryant-Denny or Tuscaloosa, but from what I've heard the complaint isn't about the stadium or the UA campus...it's the City of Tuscaloosa itself, which supposedly isn't anything to write home about.

Tuscaloosa is a step up from Birmingham which is the equivalent of saying gonorrhea is not as bad as AIDS....

Reactions: 1 person
" Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Ole Miss " Ranked higher than Neyland.

Stupid. Click bait article. Obviously who ever this it that wrote the article has never been to both.

Bryant Denny is nice.

Tuscaloosa is the armpit of the south

The greatest stadium in all of college football.

Bar none.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrP455VOGpY[/youtube]​

I don't know how they did their list.

It can be based on the physical structure and "niceness" of the facility. It can be based on the whole gameday experience in and around the stadium. It can be based on difficulty to play at, etc.

When I think of best stadiums, I generally think of the gameday experience from the time when the band starts its pregame until the end of the game.

I have been to several SEC stadiums and the best, most intimidating environment I've been at was LSU.

Now, some of it depends on when and what game you saw at that particular stadium.

You bring a dude to see your team when they are playing Louisiana Tech and they aren't going to get the real experience.

I kind of chuckle when people talk about "the Swamp" now. If you didn't experience the Swamp in the early 1990's, then you didn't see the Swamp.

They are basing their article on the engineering of he building alone, since that's what popular mechanics is about.. its clearly stated they are not basing it on atmosphere and so on. Neyland is an old stadium that gets constant renovations so of course some "newer" stadiums are gonna rank higher.

So, based on that, why would Nebraska be #1? 8 rows of the stadium collapsed in 1993....

Neyland definitely ranks high for obvious reasons but my best college football stadium experience was Spurrier-Florida @ Ben Hill Griffin/ Univ of FLA. I attended the 2001 game. That was a crazy atmosphere that I will never forget.

My top 3 stadiums, not that anybody cares:

1. Neyland Stadium, Tennessee
2. Tiger Stadium, LSU
3. Kyle Field, Texas A&M

No. 20 — Williams-Brice Stadium, South Carolina
No. 21 — Neyland Stadium, Tennessee

:eek:lol::post-4-1090547912::eek:lol:

Auburn should be on that list, Bryce Stadium is a joke.

No. 20 — Williams-Brice Stadium, South Carolina
No. 21 — Neyland Stadium, Tennessee

:eek:lol::post-4-1090547912::eek:lol:

Auburn should be on that list, Bryce Stadium is a joke.

When I saw 21 & 22, that’s all I needed to see from that list. Garbage.

VN Store

Back