7 SEC Stadiums make top 25 list

This just in: Popular Mechanics comes in at #1 for "Worst College Football Stadium Rankings" in 2018, dominating their rivals "Some Moron on Bleacher Report" and "Random Twitter User Pushing Their College Football Blog" for the crown.

I mean, California, Baylor, Colorado, and South Carolina ahead of NEYLAND? If they're going to troll for clickbait traffic they could at least try some fresher stuff.

Reactions: 22 people
This just in: Popular Mechanics comes in at #1 for "Worst College Football Stadium Rankings" in 2018, dominating their rivals "Some Moron on Bleacher Report" and "Random Twitter User Pushing Their College Football Blog" for the crown.

I mean, California, Baylor, Colorado, and South Carolina ahead of NEYLAND? If they're going to troll for clickbait traffic they could at least try some fresher stuff.
It was garbage, I was going to pretend i didn't read it

Reactions: 2 people
What a joke! I don't travel much for games, but I've been to a few, and Neyland tops them all. Williams Brice is a crap-house compared to Neyland.

Reactions: 1 person
They must have reviewed Neyland Stadium while Butch Jones was still on the Jumbotron...

If you are reviewing just the building, there's has been more rust, delayed minor maintenance than there should be...

LIKE THE SUCKER I AM, I COULDN'T RESIST CLICKING. THEN THE REVERSE POP AD BLOCKER COMES ON THE SCREEN AND I HAVE TO AGREE TO SEE THEIR ADS! NO THANKS! i CLICKED OUT FASTER THAN I STUPIDLY CLICKED IN

Reactions: 2 people
My response to this "List"!

giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Last year, I went to Tuscaloosa for the first time since the 90s. It is much nicer than it used to be. Very nice. That's all I'll say.

I may be biased but when Tennessee was doing great in the 90’s it was considered best place to see a college football game by Sporting News. I think this was a popularity contest and who was most successful contest last 10 years. To me you can’t beat Neyland but my only complaint is parking and tailgating. Wished donors didn’t have to pay an arm and leg from University to be within a half mile from Neyland. I tried parking passes but I would have to get Terrace seats or pay $2500 donation a seat to get a nice parking place and I think seniority has been thrown out the window last several years.

Last edited:
If you read the article it is pretty clear they are judging these from an engineering perspective. Who cares
They are basing their article on the engineering of he building alone, since that's what popular mechanics is about.. its clearly stated they are not basing it on atmosphere and so on. Neyland is an old stadium that gets constant renovations so of course some "newer" stadiums are gonna rank higher.

To me you can’t beat Neyland but my only complaint is parking and tailgating. Wished donors didn’t have to pay an arm and leg from University to be within a half mile from Neyland. I tried parking passes but I would have to get Terrace seats or pay $2500 donation a seat to get a nice parking place and I think seniority has been thrown out the window last several years.

Agreed. The last 5 years we paid the high dollar donations and had decent parking and good tailgating options. Downgraded to cheaper seats this year and we may as well have not bothered with the parking passes for what we got this year. I hate them.
Won't make that mistake again. Think I'll buy a boat.

I may be biased but when Tennessee was doing great in the 90’s it was considered best place to see a college football game by Sporting News. I think this was a popularity contest and who was most successful contest last 10 years. To me you can’t beat Neyland but my only complaint is parking and tailgating. Wished donors didn’t have to pay an arm and leg from University to be within a half mile from Neyland. I tried parking passes but I would have to get Terrace seats or pay $2500 donation a seat to get a nice parking place and I think seniority has been thrown out the window last several years.

Parking and tailgating are not great because of the topography of the UT campus; doesn't really have anything to do with the stadium. Most other SEC campuses are on flat, wide open spaces and simply have more room. The UT campus and surrounding area is pretty hilly, confined a bit by the river, etc.

That's the biggest thing I hear from visiting fans...they absolutely love the gameday atmosphere, stadium experience, and the overall setting/backdrop for a game but complain about tailgating. And they are right.

VN Store

Back