6-4 Kentucky vs 10-0 #1 Georgia

Auburn has their sights set way higher than Stoops. Nebraska too, but I will be curious who ends up with that job. I could see Stoops taking that one. Wisconsin will probably take the interim tag off Leonard.

Yep.

Stoops has maxed out his potential there.

He took advantage of Tennessee and Florida being down in the East.

Wisconsin would be a great spot for him. He could get away with winning 8-9 games a year in the Big 10.

Yep.

Stoops has maxed out his potential there.

He took advantage of Tennessee and Florida being down in the East.

Wisconsin would be a great spot for him. He could get away with winning 8-9 games a year in the Big 10.
I think he could do good things at Colorado and Iowa if Kirk Ferentz retires.

I do think he could very well be a candidate for the Auburn,Colorado and Wisconsin head coaching jobs.
I dont see Colorado as an option. Seems like a step back. Yeah they had some good years in the early 90s. But that's it, and they are straight garbage.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Stoops and Colorado would be a weird fit.

I don’t see it.

Iowa could be interesting though.
Iowa is pretty much the same program as Kentucky.

Pays their coach way above the level of results. No huge expectations. Used to a boring offense. Not a conference powerhouse. Limited success in the past. No real recruiting beds, Iowa definitely worse off in that category. Only real difference is Iowa has actually done more with less.

Ferentz will have a string of good years, make it to the conference title game, get lots of TE and OL drafted, some good D players too. And then he will go on a 4 or 5 hear slide barely making bowl games until people start questioning his job. And then it's time for another run of success. Always does enough to keep his job. 24 years now is nothing to sneeze at.

Iowa is pretty much the same program as Kentucky.

Pays their coach way above the level of results. No huge expectations. Used to a boring offense. Not a conference powerhouse. Limited success in the past. No real recruiting beds, Iowa definitely worse off in that category. Only real difference is Iowa has actually done more with less.

Ferentz will have a string of good years, make it to the conference title game, get lots of TE and OL drafted, some good D players too. And then he will go on a 4 or 5 hear slide barely making bowl games until people start questioning his job. And then it's time for another run of success. Always does enough to keep his job. 24 years now is nothing to sneeze at.
Iowa is a great comparison. There are drawbacks but also advantages to coaching at a school that just isn't nuts about football.

Ferentz has has 2 periods in his Iowa career (2005-07 and 2010-12) that would have gotten him fired at a place with higher expectations. He's even been able to get away with having his son, who is a terrible OC, in that job for 6 years now. I'm not sure how many other places, including low expectation places, would let that fly.

If you want us to go to the citrus bowl I guess. I get what your saying, and pulling for Georgia makes me want to throw up, but Ky beating them is disastrous for us.

I understand what your saying but so many things would have to go wrong for that to happen. I’m not sure it would be competitive if Kentucky went against Georgias 3rd string.

VN Store

Back