50 dead, 40+ wounded in nightclub attack in Florida

giphy.gif

It really is that simple.

Because I'm not arguing with you. I was asking a question about your post below regarding the shooter's motives to choose Pulse nightclub.

Why won't you answer my question?

You won't even acknowledge what you posted.

No idea what you're saying here. There is no evidence that he planned to pick Pulse, so how can anyone claim he picked it because it's a gun free zone? I believe the article stated he planned and scouted the Disney complex, which means he was willing to attack a place with armed security. Apparently he changed his mind when he saw how heavy security was that night and then randomly picked Pulse.

So he chose not to attack Disney because of armed security, but we can't assume he chose to attack Pulse because of a lack of armed security.

:wacko:

Reactions: 4 people
Why won't you answer my question?

No idea what you're saying here. There is no evidence that he planned to pick Pulse, so how can anyone claim he picked it because it's a gun free zone? I believe the article stated he planned and scouted the Disney complex, which means he was willing to attack a place with armed security. Apparently he changed his mind when he saw how heavy security was that night and then randomly picked Pulse.

Exactly. He scouted the place, found it unpalatable due to security, so he started looking for other places. I doubt he randomly picked Pulse so much as it met his criteria: a lot of people and a small amount of security.

Last edited:
So he chose not to attack Disney because of armed security, but we can't assume he chose to attack Pulse because of a lack of armed security.

:wacko:

What do you think I'm saying?

He picked a place with security.

He changed his mind in the moment when he saw there was a lot of security.

Presumably, the night club has security too, right? So he still picked a place with security, it just had less security. He doesn't know if Pulse has guards packing or not, is the point. He just picked it.

No would you?

I hope not. Never can tell, though.

The reasonable point in this, for me anyway, is that if the law is going to make some places gun free zones...like public schools, they need to provide well armed, well trained, police officers in these areas to ensure the safety of the kids and other civilians. Criminals dont obey laws, by definition, and they will attack the place with least resistance...we have to make sure that where our kids are is never the easy target. Funny how banks and courtrooms have guards armed to the teeth, 24 -7...but public schools get deputies or washed up cops that can't handle a normal "beat" any more...children are supposed to be the most priceless asset an advanced society has...why aren't ours treated that way??? Hope my kids nwver have to attend public school..I have about 55k paid out of the 120k it will have cost me to put 2 kids thru Christian school. 5k per kid per year. It is money well spent.

I hope not. Never can tell, though.

The reasonable point in this, for me anyway, is that if the law is going to make some places gun free zones...like public schools, they need to provide well armed, well trained, police officers in these areas to ensure the safety of the kids and other civilians. Criminals dont obey laws, by definition, and they will attack the place with least resistance...we have to make sure that where our kids are is never the easy target. Funny how banks and courtrooms have guards armed to the teeth, 24 -7...but public schools get deputies or washed up cops that can't handle a normal "beat" any more...children are supposed to be the most priceless asset an advanced society has...why aren't ours treated that way??? Hope my kids nwver have to attend public school..I have about 55k paid out of the 120k it will have cost me to put 2 kids thru Christian school. 5k per kid per year. It is money well spent.

how good is the security at their school? I only went to private schools before UT.

before high school there was absolutely no security, it wasn't until 9/11 that they really paid attention to even locking the doors.

high school had a 60+ year old man with a flashlight as security.

Of course we were the poorest public school you could imagine.

VN Store

Back