50-17

Seems like the losses feel worse this year. Something like 5 25+ point losses this year vs 3 last year if I'm remembering right

I don’t mean to be overly negative but can anyone really say things are looking definitely better under Pruitt than they were under butch? I don’t see it. Basically just more wishful thinking.

A little yeah. One more win than last year so far. So SOME improvement at least.

I hate getting blown out by Missouri, they are a traditionally a nobody, but beat the snot out of us on a regular basis
Oh I feel ya, bro..They've regularly beaten the hell out of us too since they joined and I'm always like "Huh?!?...This just ain't right".

Reactions: oz615
I don’t mean to be overly negative but can anyone really say things are looking definitely better under Pruitt than they were under butch? I don’t see it. Basically just more wishful thinking.
2 SEC wins is definitely better than none. I think the game next week is important for the morale of the program. 6-6 overall with wins over Kentucky and Vandy and a bowl game of any kind this season really should have always been the goal.

Reactions: TJSVOLS
In all seriousness, the reality is that under Dooley the Vols never played consistently as a team. Under Butch, they were too fragile.

It's going to take a couple of years to get the kind of guys that UT used to field.
No doubt. Sucks to know we won’t be good for another couple years minimum.

Reactions: oz615 and knoxvol16
At BWW so just asked this, after many frowns, they asked me. What do you think? #$@$##* Dooley just hung 50 on us.

Reactions: oz615
2 SEC wins is definitely better than none. I think the game next week is important for the morale of the program. 6-6 overall with wins over Kentucky and Vandy and a bowl game of any kind this season really should have always been the goal.
I think it’s the Vandy bowl mulligan, it was that Vandy game that turned the program south when Tn should have went to the Sugar Bowl, a win next week can reverse that and put TN’s arrow back up.

I think it’s the Vandy bowl mulligan, it was that Vandy game that turned the program south when Tn should have went to the Sugar Bowl, a win next week can reverse that and put TN’s arrow back up.
Some here will overreact to it but it's not the end of the world. Just win next week and let's go to the Liberty Bowl.

Reactions: secking
No doubt. Sucks to know we won’t be good for another couple years minimum.

That is comple BS and the only reason our fans think that is b/c Butch kept blaming his bad coaching on lack of talent. Truth is UGA is starting the youngest roster in the SEC and they are blowing teams out. Bama had 6 freshman with key rolls in the national championship last year, including QB, LT, RB, and WR. We just need to hope Pruitt is a much better recruiter than a head coach. Right now our recruiting ranking isn’t giving anyone hope for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Mike Moffett
Some here will overreact to it but it's not the end of the world. Just win next week and let's go to the Liberty Bowl.

That would be awesome. Way better than what I predicted pre season and at this point I’d be so excited to just be .500.

I'd stack up our recruiting against Mizzou's over the past ten years any day of the week. So, how'd this happen?

I'd stack up our recruiting against Mizzou's over the past ten years any day of the week. So, how'd this happen?
Player development, attrition, lack of stability in the program... and you also have to give Odom credit for a very good scheme. This isn't Dooley's system.

Ok. Compared to Butch’s lame duck season, but I don’t think our programs outlook looks that much different. Not yet

Reactions: FallCreekVols
Just came on the site...I see the meltdown is in progress..lol? What did you expect. I had hoped we would not get drilled though....Oh well. We will win next week! Just wait and see! We win, then we lose the next week. That's the fragile mentality of this team. They can't be consistent.

This one hurts more. It is becoming more and more evident that most SEC teams own Neyland Stadium. I am surprised that their bands are not playing, Rocky Top, You'll always be home sweet home to me.

The Mizzou game proves that they belong in the SEC and we need to consider the Sunbelt or OVC. It is really sad on our fanbase's return on investment, both monetarily and emotionally. From what I saw on attendance today some people are starting to figure that out. Probably recruits too. It is really sad when a P5 program hires a staff that is totally incompetent in teaching the basic skills of blocking and tackling.

The game turned on the interception before the half. Was it a bad route or was it the QB?

A 30 point interception? The defense had done nothing all day prior to that and did nothing afterwards. The offense mustered two good drives against an average defense. They looked unprepared and unmotivated as usual per 90% of the time thus far. We have put together 2 good games this season and several embarrassments

Dooley had to have had some motivation to win today and at least we are ahead of Missouri in basketball as far as the series goes.

In two more seasons with CJP we should start to see real improvement, in the 2020 season. By that I mean seriously contending for the east. IMO this season is now a wash, after a 50-17 loss in our own house to an unranked team even if we beat vandy I think it’s even money no bowl invites Tennessee.

That is comple BS and the only reason our fans think that is b/c Butch kept blaming his bad coaching on lack of talent. Truth is UGA is starting the youngest roster in the SEC and they are blowing teams out. Bama had 6 freshman with key rolls in the national championship last year, including QB, LT, RB, and WR. We just need to hope Pruitt is a much better recruiter than a head coach. Right now our recruiting ranking isn’t giving anyone hope for the foreseeable future.

I get what you're saying, but I see that as an apples to oranges comparison. Both of the teams you mentioned have been returning more depth and talent than UT has for several years. Richt left Smart a lot more to work with than folks may recall, and Bama has so much depth that the new guys are getting coached by everyone on the team.

Butch was a bad coach, and he was chasing the "Oregon model." But we Vol fans already knew that it takes speed and strength to win in the SEC; finesse football just won't work. We have to get back to big-boy, pound-the-rock style football, consistently. That's gonna take a little time and a whole lot of recruiting with a big helping of S&C.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back