5 teams from Tennessee in the NCAA tourney?

emainvol

Giver of Sexy
Tennessee St. looks like they are on their way to the OVC finals against Austin Peay and ETSU and Belmont are currently playing an A-Sun semifinal for the right to play Jacksonville in the finals.

TSU up 9 with 3:12 left to play

ETSU up 6 with 3:08

Up one and after a foul to send him to the line Kenyatta Swader from ETSU commits a tech that leads to a one point Belmont lead.

I definitely agree, but Belmont is really showing that they can dominate that conference.

that doesn't help me any because I'm sure tomorrow VIA will bring up his old thread where i predicted Belmont would not win the ASun tourney.

the year they build a suitable venue for basketball will be the year i become a fan of the Bucs again.

I dont know , but does ut martin have a chance and what is the total # of teams that can possibly get in from the state of tn ! Are we the best state in the country in college bb ?
:dance2:

We have 5 already, possibly six if MTSU wins the Sun Belt...

Vandy
Tenn
Belmont
Austin Peay
Memphis

I dont know , but does ut martin have a chance and what is the total # of teams that can possibly get in from the state of tn ! Are we the best state in the country in college bb ?

UT Martin is in the OVC and Austin Peay won that conference tourney

unless you live in JC and have always cheered for ETSU on the side. Pigram deserves better.

This right here is the perspective that's missing in the frontrunners on whom I'm always crapping for having two (or three, or four) teams. It's perfectly fine to cheer for more than one team; it's when you stretch that "we" out to include several teams that you start to be ridiculous.

I'm buying you a beer the next time I have to go visit the in-laws in JC. Where's the best place to drink one these days?

MTSU couldn't win the Sun Belt if the rest of the league decided to send their women's teams.

:eek:lol: very true, but they are in the semifinals against South Alabama the #1 seed in the tourney. MTSU is 2 wins away from making it a 6 team appearance for the Volunteer State.

This right here is the perspective that's missing in the frontrunners on whom I'm always crapping for having two (or three, or four) teams. It's perfectly fine to cheer for more than one team; it's when you stretch that "we" out to include several teams that you start to be ridiculous.

I'm buying you a beer the next time I have to go visit the in-laws in JC. Where's the best place to drink one these days?

I don't drink but all my friends do. However, I really enjoy going to bar's just for something to do. So I get to play the DD, doesn't really bother me. PR's next to campus is fun to hang out at, but I think I prefer either Halo or Stir Fry on weekends because I like watching the live bands. It's also fun to go out on the lake during the summer to Sonny's. 0'Charley's is a popular spot too, but it's too generic for my taste. I would imagine for someone that likes non-generic beers, O'Charley's wouldn't fit the bill, but I don't really know.

As for ETSU, it's hard not to root for them at least a little bit if you're living or grew up here. Especially if you were attending basketball camps there during the Talford, Mister, Dennis and Pelphrey days as a kid. You know they aren't going to do too much anymore, but you at least want to see them get to the big dance. Timmy and Co. did quite well for them just a few years back.

UT Martin is in the OVC and Austin Peay won that conference tourney

This is true. Austin Peay beat UT-Martin in the OVC semis.

I think it's great that 5 teams from Tennessee are going...especially w/ 2 of them potentially being #1 seeds.

There is still a game left to play, but I may eat my words.

You might just have to....MTSU vs. WKU tonight for the sun belt championship. 6 teams has to tie some sort of record or be the record. I know Texas has had 5 teams before, but they are huge compared to TN.

VN Store

Back