5 reasons for concern with Chaney

I've tried to say the same thing and I've gotten my head bit off every time. This is not a homerun hire and expectations should be drastically tempered.
Who’d have been better?

Five reasons these websites write articles to fan flames of Vol fans more than others:
*Haven't won anything in 10 years...
*BVS
*Volnation fan passion trumps any other fan base besides maybe Bama (note: if they were losing, they'd be worse than us), so any poking and prodding of VN gets clicks
*Write negative articles and positive articles so at the end of the season they can say they were right
*BVS...had to include twice because it's gonna take some serious winning to get us back to being confident we'll win anything, and writers know this, and feed on it.

I've tried to say the same thing and I've gotten my head bit off every time. This is not a homerun hire and expectations should be drastically tempered.
At the end of the day, no one knows who is and isn't a homerun hire. Freeze could have been, but he also could have been a one year guy who bolts and we're in same situation next year...or he could have not jived w/ Pruitt, clashed and struggled. Mike Yurcich could have been great, or more of finesse system may not have played well in SEC. It seems Chaney has potential to be very successful, but it's not a sure thing. If we get the players, I think we'll be more than pleased. That being said, I'm sure, at some point next season, we'll not be happy because our talent level isn't up to top level SEC caliber, which will fall on Chaney...it's going to happen. Short and long term, I think he's a really good fit. And, most importantly, Pruitt is DC, and if Chaney is successful, he'll look to retire at UT, so we'll have long term coordinators, which, as we've seen with Clemson, is vitally important.

IMO Chaney is a very capable Coach.The success of any coach hinges on how good his players are to begin with,and how well they perform.If our OL gets better at blocking instead of being a screendoor in a submarine,the offense will improve.

Top 5 reasons why we wouldn't want Saban as our head coach:

1. He's mean to his assistant coaches
2. He's terrible with the media
3. He's too old
4. He's too stubborn
5. He lost a game to Clemson. The game has clearly passed him by.
You lost all credibility with your article and not one mention of garden gnome.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
I'm not even reading that story. I'm not at all concerned and I'm ecstatic about this hire. Anyone can nitpick things. That's not me though. Great hire

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
At the end of the day, no one knows who is and isn't a homerun hire. Freeze could have been, but he also could have been a one year guy who bolts and we're in same situation next year...or he could have not jived w/ Pruitt, clashed and struggled. Mike Yurcich could have been great, or more of finesse system may not have played well in SEC. It seems Chaney has potential to be very successful, but it's not a sure thing. If we get the players, I think we'll be more than pleased. That being said, I'm sure, at some point next season, we'll not be happy because our talent level isn't up to top level SEC caliber, which will fall on Chaney...it's going to happen. Short and long term, I think he's a really good fit. And, most importantly, Pruitt is DC, and if Chaney is successful, he'll look to retire at UT, so we'll have long term coordinators, which, as we've seen with Clemson, is vitally important.
Chaney has had anywhere from zero to mediocre success at all of his stops. His offense was ranked around 120 on year when he was here and around the same at Arkansas. His big success was a 18th ranked offense last year a UGA with a team full of 5 star players. Yurich had top 10 offense with a bunch of 2 and 3 stars. You know i'm right or you wouldn't already be making excuses for next year, but keep making excuses and pumping the sunshine.

I stopped reading after the fourth reason. Obviously an agenda based article. Never mention Georgia offered him a substantial raise to try and keep him. Also the micromanagement angle is built entirely off speculation.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Chaney has had anywhere from zero to mediocre success at all of his stops. His offense was ranked around 120 on year when he was here and around the same at Arkansas. His big success was a 18th ranked offense last year a UGA with a team full of 5 star players. Yurich had top 10 offense with a bunch of 2 and 3 stars. You know i'm right or you wouldn't already be making excuses for next year, but keep making excuses and pumping the sunshine.

What?? No. His offense never ranked 120 while he was here. In 2011, the offense ranked 104, but Bray and Hunter were hurt most of the year.
In 2012, the offense was 18th best in the country.

The top 12 offenses in the country this season consisted of four schools from the Big 12. Three were from the AAC, two were from SEC, one was from the Big 10, conference, one was from the ACC, and one was from the Mountain West. What sticks out to you there? One thing that sticks out to me is the best team from the AAC and Big 12 both got their teeth kicked in by SEC programs, meaning, those statistics don't mean what you're trying to make them mean.

Also, we offered Yurcich. He turned us down. So why are you comparing him to Chaney? Why not compare Chaney to someone you think we could have gotten?

There's some vaild stuff in the article. Chaney - Pittman is a B+ hire. I'd rather have that than a Freeze that is an A+ hire but bolts in a year.

With Chaney at least you know what you're getting and hopefully we can have an incoming class keep the same OC until graduation. His play calling might be predictable at times but long term player development is something we haven't seen much of since Cut left

Chaney uses the strength of what he has in personnel. If it’s a power run game, there’s going to be a lot of running. If it’s balanced, Chaney will use a balanced attack. If the team can only air it out, that’s what he’ll do. If someone wants to call that “predictable”, go for it. He’s not dramatically more predictable than any other coach.

I think some of our memories get a little hazy over the years... our offense was awesome in 2012. Our defense was the worst I've ever seen. I don't remember how the offense was in 2010 and 2011, obviously it wasn't as good just looking at stats, but I think it was okay then too.

If Pruitt's defense is what we think it is, then Chaney should be a great complement.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
My suggestion to you is to go find the team where one of your dream OC's landed and become a fan. We all get that you're not a fan of Chaneys but I don't think anyone really cares at this point because you can't make the argument. Its that simple. Your opinion is crap.

https://en1547239431312.png

VN Store

Back