5 reasons for concern with Chaney

I am more of a 5 reasons for optimism kinda guy. I guess bad news sells though.
I try to be, but a most of these were fair and accurate except the Dooley year's, which I do blame mostly on the defense.

Last edited:
Coach Z's Five Reasons for Concern with Winning the Powerball:

1) Where are you gonna put all that cash? It's heavy, you can't just carry it around.
2) You may want to buy more cars than your mansion's garage can fit.
3) Where do you draw the line when spiting enemies from your past?
4) Coming up with new uniforms for the NFL team you just bought can be time-consuming.
5) You could get a sunburn after passing out on your yacht.

Some writer has a lot of time on his hand....Money Changes everything.....he is a good player coach that gets the most out his players....Bray to Frohm. Even Peterman.
GA choose not to keep him but at one point they were willing to spend the money to extend his contract for 3 years...they did not. Look where it got them....

Top 5 reasons to be concerned about WINNING.

1. Makes you less humble
2. Doesn't build character
3. Lose drive and work ethic
4. Doesn't prepare you for real life
5. Doesn't encourage self-reflection

See............anybody can do it.

IMO, the article points out some concerns that are legit. People quickly forget our offenses when he was here. Chaney is a "good", "safe" hire. In no way, shape or form is this a HR hire. To think that is absurd. When it's all said and done... it's Pruitts ass on the line, so he must feel comfortable with Jim.

IMO, the article points out some concerns that are legit. People quickly forget our offenses when he was here. Chaney is a "good", "safe" hire. In no way, shape or form is this a HR hire. To think that is absurd. When it's all said and done... it's Pruitts ass on the line, so he must feel comfortable with Jim.
That depends on where the fence is, as it stands, an experienced play caller that can develop and recruit, and has the innate authority to help Pruitt establish his culture, remember this is year two, they are still establishing the culture, and that is most important right now. All that to essentially say he fits exactly what we need for the program right now, just like he was for UGA when Rookie head coach Kirby brought him in. It may not be the flashiest, but it had to be the best fit.

Chaney for VOLS is in all shape and form a homerun hire. Its a done deal 6 win season and bowl for 2019.7E60E50C-F753-4D39-B1E0-7DC2895FB82F.gif

Reactions: tnktm
I've tried to say the same thing and I've gotten my head bit off every time. This is not a homerun hire and expectations should be drastically tempered.

Reactions: Devo182
This is definitely one of the dumber articles I've seen. And the biggest "real reason" for concern (recruiting) wasn't listed. The rest of it amounts to absurd speculation.

Here's a rundown for those who want to save a click (or 5):

(5) In spite of being successful at 5 different spots as OC, perhaps the only reason for Chaney's success was that he was micromanaged by others. [LOL! this one is too absurd to even address]

(4) Other schools didn't try hard enough to keep him when he got better job offers. [you could say the same thing about literally every human being who's gotten a better job offer]

(3) Didn't beat Jeremy Pruitt's defense in 2017 [OK ... fair ... but we also have Pruitt]

(2) The Dooley years were bad and it might've been Chaney's fault [or much more likely, Dooley's fault; we put up 44 points against Georgia in 2012 and still lost; Dooley hired Sunseri and Dooley's recruiting was absolute crap]

(1) Chaney has had bad offensive seasons [and almost all of the examples deal with a "year 1" situation where he did not inherit much talent; only the 1st year at Georgia seems like a real strike against him IMO; and even then he was using a true Freshman QB]

I won't say Chaney is a sure-fire success, but this is just bad writing.

Thank you Butch. Have you heard anything from Maryland yet?
Lol...that makes no sense. Why would Butch care if Chaney is successful or not? But if you attack all negativity no matter how logical it is, UT will start winning, right?! Pumpers attack!!

Reactions: Mtnvol80
What a joke of an article. They make it sound like Cheney cost Georgia the games against Bama. They didn’t lose those games because they couldn’t score. They lost because the defense choked both times and they got conservative late when they were ahead. That’s on the head coach all the way at GA. Plus there was that fake punt or something...don’t think Chemey called that one

VN Store

Back