5 freshmen I'd like to see ready to make an impact next year

NighthawkVol

Thought about which freshmen we most need to be ready to make an impact in order for 2020 to be successful. Here's my list:

1) Harrison Bailey- If he's a special freshman at QB, Tennessee could have a special season.
2) Bryson Eason- At 270, I think he'll be an edge rusher. If he can be a solid edge rusher as a freshman to compliment Harrison, that would give Tennessee a huge boost.
3) Keyshawn Lawrence- Need another Safety to step up beside Tank.
4) Morven Joseph- See Bryson Eason.
5) Jalin Hyatt- Could give us the speed and deep threat this WR corps needs.

Honorable mention: Jimmy Calloway, Jimmy Holiday, Tyler Baron, Martavius French, Jabari Small

Who are y'all's five?

1) Tyler Baron : I think he will be elite edge rusher.
2) Keyshawn Lawrence : With Warrior gone, he can help immediately
3) Bryson Eason: Not sure if they will put him at ILB or OLB but will need him to contribute meaningful snaps
4) Jimmy Holiday: Chaney will use him in Wildcat, slot and even some sweeps. Chaney loves speedy guys to keep him off the ball.
5) Harrison Bailey: This could be #1 on the list if he wins the job but i am pretty sure we will be needing him as the season progresses.

Others; Morven Joseph, Jimmy Callaway & Omari Thomas

1) Keyshawn Lawrence- depending on how things shake out at CB, he could add that ball hawk we haven't had in quite a while at safety.
2) Harrison Bailey- whether he wins the job or not he needs to play. Need two good QBs

3) Jalin Hyatt- Could develop into a special WR and take our offense to a new level with his deep speed.

4) Morven Joseph- Could provide the pass rush that takes our secondary from good to great!

5) Le'Neth Whitehead- need to consistently get 3rd and short to keep offense on the field.

I think Cooper Mays is the sleeper in this class.

Strong OL who has that mean streak in him.

I know this thread is devoted to true freshman, but I think Tyus Fields is being slept on. He will make his presence known next year. He redshirt this year, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him take a starting spot in the secondary.
Edit.. His dad played in the NFL and I’m pretty sure his brother currently does

Whitehead & Bailey should be be atop everyone's list. We need a big, reliable back for short yard yardage situations if we are to ever have success in the redzone. Lots of guys can contribute early but (besides Harrison Bailey) the Three Amigos will be the most watched and talked about, at least until the first game arrives.

Honestly is HB doesnt win the job in the fall I will be extremely disappointed. Unless JG is playing out his mind. I think the OU game is a key game in 2020. A lot of questions will be answered that day.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
1. HB. We need a quarterback with anticipation skills to hit the receiver in tight windows.
2. KL. Need the secondary to have improved coverage and takeaway skills.
3. DS. Needed toughness from the safety position, solid punishing, legal tackler.
4. TB. Gotta replace Taylor with some pass rushing ability.
5. BE. If JJ can't get right and handle the inside with HTT. Then Eason is probably the next guy behind him.

I know this thread is devoted to true freshman, but I think Tyus Fields is being slept on. He will make his presence known next year. He redshirt this year, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him take a starting spot in the secondary.
Edit.. His dad played in the NFL and I’m pretty sure his brother currently does

I am very surprised Tyus did not see field as much last year. He had some cryptic tweets about not being happy early in the season but looks as all is good now. I have high hopes for him.

VN Store

Back