49'ers cut Jalen Hurd

Our season is shot so I guess it’s time to clean the roster. I think it’s time for Jimmy G to go.

His entire “MO” was to switch to receiver so his NFL lifespan would be longer. He had a back injury first year and ACL second year. I think he had a lot of pressure on him from family while at U.T. I pray he gets another chance, loved watching him run for Vols.
I honestly believe he was a Botch Jones casualty. He started ahead of Kamara for goodness sake. A proper talent evaluator would have used those guys differently and had major success. BUT WAIT, theres MORE! We actually had a competent QB at the time (not throwing shade at HH by any means). I used to think Hurd was a head case until (somewhat) recently. I read an interview with him about the Jones culture and BS. All things considered, I can't blame the guy in the least bit for taking a hike. I wish him nothing but success and happiness. Dude has been through a lot. I hope he gets back on the field.

Victim? Of what? He was given the starting role over Kamara and had a mediocre career at best.
The only reason the kid returned the last season the were supposed to use a lead blocker for him. Our line was **** the kid got beat to death we didn’t have anything else. I do not blame him for leaving. Look into all the high ranked classes bitch had and how many left almost immediately because he lied to get them here.

His problem was he was in the wrong position. We was too big for RB and hardly broke a long run from RB. When he was thrown the ball, he was good. He should have been moved to WR or TE. He would have been dangerous coming out of the backfield and getting matched up with a LB or Safety.

I loved it when Hurd carried the majority of Florida’s defenders with him towards the south end zone along the west sideline. VFL card issued for that play alone.

He should’ve been open to playing tight end here. That would his best spot. But he really is a product of getting so much attention early that it impacted his attitude and thus career.

Might be. But I think he left to avoid further infection of Butchitis. I think that's true for Wharton, Daniel Helm, and a few others. Hurd just might have been protecting himself the only way available to him.

VN Store

Back