4 things I could go without hearing again…

Col_Cathcart

1. Vescovi has updated how to say his name. It was a bit of a thing.
2. Chandler has long arms.
3. Fulkerson is old. Older than many NBA players, in fact.
4. Ziegler didn’t have any scholarship offers prior to the peach jam last summer.

Someone needs to update the script for these announcers.

4. Ziegler didn’t have any scholarship offers prior to the peach jam last summer.

5. JJJ was a 5-star recruit

Its rather redundant isn't it

Solution. I watch most games with the sound turned off. As soon as they start ragging about something that has nothing to do with the current game and some one in the background is hitting the big dunk they go silent. And I can do without some of the bleeding heart BS they serve.

Uhhhhh... we do remember that the other team's fans are also watching these games? It will be news to them.

And we should all be thankful for every nanosecond the announcers are saying anything about Tennessee, rather than where they ate last week, or what Santa's bringing 'em for Christmas.

Reactions: CDB and GlennTenn
5. JJJ was a 5-star recruit
Or my favorite. JJJ is a stat stuffer. It's like a defense of his lack of five star ability. Why don't we just admit that he is an above average player and take him for what he is and move on.

Not sure why Fulky's age is such an issue. I don't see him playing professionally so get every last drop of playing the game you love before you enter the working world.

Reactions: Iamtoooldforthis
Not sure why Fulky's age is such an issue. I don't see him playing professionally so get every last drop of playing the game you love before you enter the working world.

He can easily play professionally. Just probably not in the NBA.

Honestly, Vescovi HAD to hear his name being called before this season and I wonder if it bothers him that bad. Part of me wonders if it were better that he didn’t mention it in the first place, because they do seem to talk about it a lot.

6) "Oliver Nkamhoua is the only player in TN basketball history from Finland".

I've easily heard them say this 20 times the last few years. It always makes me want to go check to see if there has been any Finnish players in SEC history. That would at least be a comment that sounds more surprising.

Last edited:
Solution. I watch most games with the sound turned off. As soon as they start ragging about something that has nothing to do with the current game and some one in the background is hitting the big dunk they go silent. And I can do without some of the bleeding heart BS they serve.
I watch most Basketball & Football with the sound off as well. [I started that when Howard Cosell did Monday nights and I would listen to the radio and watch the TV.]
My wife hates it, but I rarely enjoy listening to the Common Taters on TV.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Or that Victor Bailey's Dad played WR for the Giants. It's like they just leave thier notes on the announcer's table for the next crew.

Vescovi is the only Vols player that I know of whose name changed every year he was on campus!

And they also need to get their facts straight lol. During the Texas Tech game I heard them say, Tennessee’s only lost was to North Carolina lol

VN Store

Back