4* OL Addison Nichols Commits to Vols

We are ranked 30th in recruiting one ahead of Vanderbilt. But great pick up

We are under an NCAA investigation for paying players , we just dumped a whole coaching staff that took us to 3 wins. We just pulled the #1 Olineman , fromthe most talent rich state in the country . I actually don’t care where we are ranked right now . Show that we can score and win with a stable coaching staff , and the rest will take care of itself . You eat an elephant one bite at a time .

I wonder if the main reason for choosing UT is the chance to play early? I'd rather it be a different reason. When we start to win we won't be able to offer freshmen the chance to play early...but then we'll be winning so we won't need the lure of playing early....so... whatever. Just accept he's with us and be happy I guess.

I wonder if the main reason for choosing UT is the chance to play early? I'd rather it be a different reason. When we start to win we won't be able to offer freshmen the chance to play early...but then we'll be winning so we won't need the lure of playing early....so... whatever. Just accept he's with us and be happy I guess.

That's when we have to use the same messaging that Nick Saban uses. Boo Hoo!

Reactions: HalfullVol
We are under an NCAA investigation for paying players , we just dumped a whole coaching staff that took us to 3 wins. We just pulled the #1 Olineman , fromthe most talent rich state in the country . I actually don’t care where we are ranked right now . Show that we can score and win with a stable coaching staff , and the rest will take care of itself . You eat an elephant one bite at a time .
We've been eating that elephant for 15 years now. That's one big elephant

Reactions: orangemadam
Saw where he is an Eagle Scout and a 2nd-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, in addition to his gridiron accomplishments. That says a lot about his upbringing and character, IMO. And he is the kind of commit that will make others consider the Vols who may not have otherwise.

BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!

Get these new recruits working hard to help us recruit and they could get the mighty mo going for us to start a serious recruiting show.

Get busy boys and bring in top recruits so your recruiting class starts us back on the road to the top of the mountain where we belong again.

VFL...GBO!!!

VolQuest - Addison Nichols details in-home visit ahead of Signing Day (rivals.com)

As Tennessee coaches continue their nation-wide sweep of in-person visits, Josh Heupel and Glen Elarbee spent time in Norcross, Ga. Wednesday night to check in on the leader of the 2022 committed class,
Addison Nichols
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2022/addison-nichols-233372-VQ
“It was great. It was really awesome to get them to stop by and to see what things are like in the Nichols’ household. It was a really good visit,” the offensive lineman told Volquest. “We didn’t really talk a whole lot about football. It was just normal conversation about life.

“It was nice in the sense of it wasn’t really like a recruiting visit. It was more of us getting to know each other better and spend more time with one another. My parents were able to spend more time with them as well.”

“We talked about what went into the season more so than the season itself,” Nichols said. “We discussed what goes into a normal day and sleeping schedules - stuff like that.

“I always love speaking with them. They are super down-to-earth guys and I could talk to them for hours. They are fantastic people.”

“Everything is looking good there,” the commit said of recruiting. “We’ve got some guys who are looking to get onboard and some guys who are onboard who will be going public soon. I’m excited for it. We are going to have a good recruiting class. Pieces are falling into the puzzle and coming together.”
-Nichols

Glad to see a tackle as one of the class leaders. His highlights are fun to watch - plays to the "echo of the whistle" and seems to be a fan of pancakes! Of course, it will be a different story against guys his own size. Hopefully, we get a transfer or two at OL so that he can ease into SEC play.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Tayven Jackson is going to be a game changer at QB

I'm not an expert, nor even somewhat knowledgeable about QBs. I looked at some of Tayven's tape and got the following impressions. The ball practically jumps from his hand when he throws it. He gets rid of the ball very quickly, even when having a fast defense player closing in on him and walloping him. The ball just seems to spring out laser-like to a receiver just as he's being hit. AND, finding his target almost every time. He can thread passes between DBs double covering his WRs. He has a long ball that finds his targets waaaay down field. When he opts to run, it seems he can change direction, or rather his angle of motion to make people miss, and is deceptively fast. I do think he periodically throws to a WR that has the least chance of scoring, a little too often. Oh, he completes the pass, but I keep seeing another receiver wide open or having several yards separation farther down field. All that said, he looks like he could be a Dobbs-Peyton hybrid.

VN Store

Back