4 Concerns

I love what Kiffin is doing. We have to get our swagger back and Kiffen is doing just that. Hes not backing down from noone and I love it. Also I can guarantee when we start winning big games again, this thing will be forgotten. I think we hired the perfect coach!

Anyone else concerned about these four things:

1. CEO recruiting tactics. Is this a non-issue or does it come up again next year in recruiting?

2. Has UT screwed its chances of recruiting in Pahokee? How will CLK address this and fix it?

3. Does Kiffin have too big a mouth? Is it going to really cost UT one day?

4. Is UT going to be put under the microscope regarding recruiting by the NCAA?

1. Non-issue. CEO is a beast and his recruiting tactics just landed us several top recruits, including Teague.

2. We will continue to recruit anywhere. Eddie Gran will still be able to recruit Pahokee. So will CLK.

3. Kiffin doesn't have a big mouth, he's got a set of cahones. He is not scared to go toe-to-toe with these other coaches, including CUM.

4. UT will not be looked at any closer than any other program. I would think that they need to look closely at several different issues before they come at us.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I agree. I think CEO will be great, Pahokee might be a tough nut to crack the next couple of years, CLK is a genius and has a huge set, and the NCAA already looked at us under a microscope.

Kiffin is doing things this year that I don't think he will make a habit of doing. He had to do something to put Tennessee on the map again. He won't have to do that in future years just like he won't have to tell a recruit they don't fit his system in the future because he won't be dealing with a previous staff's recruits.

1. CEO recruiting tactics.
2. Has UT screwed its chances of recruiting in Pahokee?
3. Does Kiffin have too big a mouth?

1. Too early to tell. Probably not an issue, though.
2. By far the most troublesome from a TN perspective. HS coaches and local folks have long memories. The Pahokee area is NOT an area you want to concede.
3. No problem from my perspective. :p
4. No. Shouldn't be, anyway.

1. CEO recruiting tactics. Is this a non-issue or does it come up again next year in recruiting?

2. Has UT screwed its chances of recruiting in Pahokee? How will CLK address this and fix it?

1. CEO brings so much to the table...he definately helped us this year. Would not have gotten Teague without him. I don't think we know all about the Brown situation. Frankly, I think he just wanted to go to UGA. We are much better off with CEO's energy, recruiting, etc. There is not an SEC team that would not love to have him....they would never say it now probably.

2. This is the one I am concerned about. I really wish he had not brought that area into it....I am sure he wishes he had not too. I really hope he can make amends.

3. If he can back it up on the field...no problem.

4. I don't see why we should be put under a microscope anymore now than ever. I think all SEC schools are watched pretty closely.

Bottom line....It is a new day at UT. Not the same old bland pressers, etc that we are used to. Now, I really liked Coach Fulmer. Class guy but his day had ran its course and we pretty much new where we were headed. This new staff is bringing a ton of excitement to Big Orange Country....and we needed it. This will all blow over soon. Kiffin is a very confident man as his is coaching staff. I really think this will spill over to the players and already has the fan base. Just wait for the Orange White game! He probably needs to tone it down some and is probably being told to not get so personal. Go Vols!

In reference to #3, I love it. He is getting the whole SEC shook up. I live over here in "hog country" and for years that is all these people want to talk about...How good the hogs are...Why the hogs should be ranked number one...Ryan Mallet this and that. But this week people are talking about UT. Its in the papers, its on the radio and on the news. The guys at the gym and my co-workers just keep bringing it up. A lot of it is negative but they always finish the conversation by saying that we are going to be a force in the SEC and the nation. I love it!!

I understand why everyone is worried about all of these things because we jsut had a change. Change can be a little unsettling. We had nothing with worry about with Fulmer because he turned in BAMA and knew that he would be under the microscope everytime he even spoke of a recruit.

Like i said I understand the worry but lets have some confidence. If Kiffin puts us on probation then he is committing college HC suicide. Lets not worry until we have to.

Why all this concern about political correctness? This is the SEC? Kiffin is just what we needed to remain competitive with the other programs in this conference.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Don't forget there is a reason Nuke did not tell his coach from Pahokee that he had decided to come to UT. What that is we may never know but it had to be legit. There was also a reason Gran and Kiff decided to go about things the way they did. Bottom line is they still signed this kid and he seems to be thrilled about coming here so I would not worry too much about this whold situation. Sounds to me like his coach wanted him to be a Gator and is resenting the fact that he changed last minute and did not include him in the decision.

OK, here's my .02 dollars worth...

Yes, he will be responsible for bringing more talent to Knoxville next year...

Possibly, IMO there is more going on here than we know. Apparently Nu'Keese's own family felt the need to use 'stealth' in the handling of his LOI..

Maybe, I don't mind one damn bit him calling CUM out. Urban WAS calling Nu'Keese during his visit to UT. That's not very 'classy', he was being a d1ck... I just hate CLK was wrong about it being a violation (left him with a bit of egg on his face).

No more than any other big time program.

Last edited:
Hurt us in Pahokee? Have we ever signed a recruit from there before. The only way this hurts us is if Nuke doesn't go home and tell all his friends about how great it is on the hill.

Yes it will come up every year
Does it really matter we never had a commitment from there until now.
Yes he has a big mouth. Big mouths cost everyone. Do you think every coach has said everything perfect his whole career.
We are all under the microscope all the time.

According to LWSVol on Scout, Lane and Gran have "spoken with them at the school. Everything has been ironed out. We are fine at that school." The them is referring to the coaches at Nu'Keese's high school. LWS usually has very reliable info, so I am not worried about that being a problem in the future.

VN Store

Back