4 Concerns

SpringBokVol

I'm the master of my fate
Anyone else concerned about these four things:

1. CEO recruiting tactics. Is this a non-issue or does it come up again next year in recruiting?

2. Has UT screwed its chances of recruiting in Pahokee? How will CLK address this and fix it?

3. Does Kiffin have too big a mouth? Is it going to really cost UT one day?

4. Is UT going to be put under the microscope regarding recruiting by the NCAA?

I'm most worried about his statements that brought about #2 and the effect it may have on our future recruiting efforts (even those outside Pahokee). I hope he makes this right.

1. CEO recruiting tactics. Is this a non-issue or does it come up again next year in recruiting?

2. Has UT screwed its chances of recruiting in Pahokee? How will CLK address this and fix it?

I would say it is something to watch on all accounts. Maybe to early to worry, time will tell.

Good post Spring.

I would say it is something to watch on all accounts. Maybe to early to worry, time will tell.

Good post Spring.

I agree. I am not worried about them now and to be honest winning will make this all irrelevant.

1. it is definitely a non-issue. CEO knows how to recruit and recruit exceptionally well. one kid having a problem isn't indicative of a trend forming.

2. i wouldn't say our chances are screwed, but this definitely won't help in the area. CLK will most likely contact the coach privately and formally apologize.

3. CLK has yet to approach the likes of spurrier or meyer or satan. yea, it could come back to bite him, but it's a positive thing right now. it's getting rid of the apathy in our fanbase.

4. not anymore than they previously were. all big programs are under a microscope. after turning in bama, UT was probably looked at a bit harder then, but it hasn't come back to bite us yet. i think bama and LS-who are the teams under the biggest lens because of satan, but that's JMHO.

I agree. If we start winning games all of this will be forgotten. Unless these things keep happening, I don't really see it being that big of deal.

1. it is definitely a non-issue. CEO knows how to recruit and recruit exceptionally well. one kid having a problem isn't indicative of a trend forming.

2. i wouldn't say our chances are screwed, but this definitely won't help in the area. CLK will most likely contact the coach privately and formally apologize.

3. CLK has yet to approach the likes of spurrier or meyer or satan. yea, it could come back to bite him, but it's a positive thing right now. it's getting rid of the apathy in our fanbase.

4. not anymore than they previously were. all big programs are under a microscope. after turning in bama, UT was probably looked at a bit harder then, but it hasn't come back to bite us yet. i think bama and LS-who are the teams under the biggest lens because of satan, but that's JMHO.

very well said:eek:k:

If we win football games everyone will forget all these concerns very quickly.

Agreed, it will be talked about this coming football season before the bama, and FL games. After that though it will not be an issue(it shouldn't be anyway IMO).

Problem is...There's about 7 or so months until we have a chance of winning. Up until then, it's a whole lot of..."dang, he shouldn't have said that..."

what exactly was the story with CEO today? I've seen references to it all day but never actually heard it.

I dont know about yall but I like the swagger Kiffin brings to UT, its like a breath of fresh air. However, I dont like any negativity towards the university. As long as CLK can run his mouth and stay within regulations I say give rest of the SEC all they want and some

its just being talked about because this is the off season. When the games are played none of this matters. Fl and Bama already want to kill Tennessee when they play us so this isn't going to affect that. What it is going to do is make a buzz about Tennessee football. I want a man to lead me that will eat metal and **** fire. I don't think Coach Kiffin keeps making comments like this ,but i do think he did it to send a clear message. When you play Tennessee the "war daddies" are back and you better strap it up tight because nothing is going to be given to you any more.

what exactly was the story with CEO today? I've seen references to it all day but never actually heard it.

he and Marlon Brown apparently had a disagreement which p!ssed off his grandmother, and THAT is why he decided to be an uga-ly dawg (get it, uga-ly.. ugly, hehe. wow, i really should get some sleep).

I think this hurts us bad in Pahokee. Its not the coach we have to worry about but the parents. He didn't just tick off the coach but also insulted the entire area whether it was based on good info or not. The rest of the SEC recruiters are going to have a field day with this to create the aura of deception around Kiffin. Not good , not good at all.

Quite frankly he hasn't won a game or played a down for that matter. He needs to keep his mouth in check until he proves he can win.

Losing + big mouth+ ignorance= setting our program back a decade.

Let's hope we win, but Crompton as QB and playing Florida and Alabama at their home makes me worry that Kiffin just signed a check that our a**es can't cash.

You know the day after the big day the only team that was being talked about was UT.Young kids that can play early has swagger and want to go to a place that has IT to.

People don't have memories that long for minor stuff like this.

Kiffin is sending a message to both opponents and his own team. We aren't the doormat anymore... The fact that he's already getting in Meyer's head is outstanding.

Fulmer played it nice and got beaten up by Meyer and Saban... I'd say there's not all that much to lose in the "they might run the score up on us" part of this.

Obviously, concerning the issue with Pahokee, Richardson's family thought there would be an issue with faxing in his LOI from his high school. CLK did not mention the coach except to say that when they first tried to meet with him, our staff was not allowed to do so. For family members to decide it would be best to go somewhere other than his high school to fax his papers in....they were concerned.

meh, there are other schools to recruit other than pahokee... i think we have ourselves the new Spurrier in the SEC. and i for one absolutly love it.

I would rather have Orgeron even if it meant losing 3 Marlon Browns per year.

UT's chances of recruiting in Pahokee were slim and none before slim signed with us on Wednesday. Who cares? It will never be a "pipeline" or a "feeder school" for UT. We may get one kid from there every 20 yrs.

He has a big mouth but that is just what we need after 20 years of a coach who does nothing but kiss other coaches rears and take all of their shots. We have been in the headlines for three days now (Kiffin and Summitt, one not so great, one great) but the important thing is that we are back in the headlines. I feel like I haven't seen anything about UT football in the national media for three years until now!

The only reason that this is making news right now is that Florida likes to whine and make thier poor souls out to be victims. They are the darlings of the SEC and the NCAA so of course those camps are going to jump in and soon as Foley and Meyer start crying. This will all be forgotten in no time and if UT has a couple of good seasons, the SEC and NCAA will be kissing our rears just like they do those self-righteous pricks running the show in Gainesville. I think UT has a great compliance office and coaching staff who will not knowingly commit any recruiting violations (i hope) but will be great recruiters so the NCAA will not have anything to look at under their microscope even if they chose to look.

In defense of Orgeron as well:
If he was in Memphis for a weekend and didn't have a little Dickel on his breath, I would be disappointed.

In defense of Orgeron as well:
If he was in Memphis for a weekend and didn't have a little Dickel on his breath, I would be disappointed.

Ummm... I get the reference but there are tons of other whiskies out there... Didja HAVE to use that one...JD is made in Tennessee too y'know...

If you remember when CLK was hired he mentioned he is bringing the formula that was used at USC. When USC started their comeback to national prominence they formed swagger and was not afraid to punch people in the mouth verbally or on the field...sound familiar? When you are down in the valley and prefer the scenery from the mountain you have to fight and claw your way back to the top.

If your about to get in a fight and your not willing to kick the other guys teeth you better run and hide and thats the way CLK is going about and for me I LOVE IT....the swagger is back at UT!

VN Store

Back