3rd n long and 4th downs

This will cost us some wins for sure unless a miracle happens and we vastly improve in this area.

We have to….have to!!!…improve our pass rush…we cannot let good QBs sit back and pick us apart…the number one solution to our 3rd and 4th down struggles right now is pash rush….period

Happy for the win for sure! Defense is horrible and a complete embarrassing meltdown to end this game. We gave up 600yards to a team that had been averaging a little over 300? The few times ran a run blitz or s flatout blitz on passing downs we were successful for the most part. Terrible play calling on defense to keep our guys in zone play after play. I would like ask the staff to explain these calls.

Reactions: posivol
Simple solution: if the quarterback has just 2-3 seconds to throw the ball, then the receivers can't possibly get 40 yards down the field. Don't give the quarterback 5 or more seconds.

We have to….have to!!!…improve our pass rush…we cannot let good QBs sit back and pick us apart…the number one solution to our 3rd and 4th down struggles right now is pash rush….period

Thought we got pretty good pressure on AR most of the game. A lot of times he was on the run and chucked it. We sold out to stop the run and AR from taking off. We were actually pretty successful on that. But AR actually put it together and made us pay for with his arm.

I think our D is too conservative considering it has our defense to lean on. It seems we play in a way where we are so concerned with getting beat over the top that we alow teams to steadily work the way down the field on us. Why not be aggressive? Play press man coverage and trust your D-Line to get to the QB. If we give up a big play here and there, so what? The long drives are killing us. Either force a 3-out and get the ball back on offense.
Exactly, we cannot play zone coverage, that is obvious from todays game. Our D-line was getting no pressure on AR-15 and allowed him to pick us apart. His best statistical game ever, EVER. Think about that folks, yes, I know we won and I am overjoyed about that but It worries me that our defense is that vulnerable and we have LSU, Bama, GA and KY left on the schedule. Don't scoff at KY they have a legit QB and a very stout defense.

VN Store

Back