3rd & long. What can be done?

Getting pressure would help. The secondary wrapping up would also be of benefit.
We're getting pressure. Blitzing a lot. Think we have 5 sacks at this point. Middle of the field is always open. Id like to see us make an adjustment there. Blows my mind that it's never addressed

Last edited:
Talents not there yet guys come on. If they were this wouldn’t be happening. 18 months removed from being at the bottom. The roster at DB has been trash. It’s being worked on. Christ our fanbase is full of idiots. Why is firing the first thing y’all want to happen? It’s not always the answer.

Some of the alignments leave a lot to be desired. Even when we play zone we aren't playing zone well at all. It's like our players don't have awareness of the zones they are guarding so we see players free in space.

Reactions: UTFanHades
Ive noticed that at times even when we have tight coverage the opposing QB makes a great throw to where only the WR has a shot at it. So sometimes its not bad defense. We just seem to be very unlucky a lot on third down.

Reactions: 08Vol
I thought the same thing - 3rd and 4th downs have been frustrating this year. They finally got a few stops against LSU though.

You have to think that part of our defensive issues is our offense going so quick that our defense doesnt get the rest that they need at all times. But depth is an issue. One more off season and i think the defense catches up with the talent needed.

Reactions: alavolfan
Just stop giving so much cushion. They act like they are playing against our defense and scared to get beat over the top.

We are up 30-7 and some of you are complaining about the defense. Stop trying to be miserable
No one is trying to be miserable. We are discussing the short comings on that side of the ball. Its a legit conversation. But i see improvement today.

Two weeks ago they did whatever they wanted almost with 3rd and 4th, we've done better today but need way more improvement. 3rd and longs have killed us. We're an overall good team, need defense to be a GREAT team.

Reactions: UTFanHades

VN Store

Back