33 home game win streak!

Yet people still do not consider TBA to be one of the tougher or toughest venues to play in college basketball...

Yet people still do not consider TBA to be one of the tougher or toughest venues to play in college basketball...

give it time..we need to build a better reputation. being good at home for 3 years is not saying much when teams like UNC, Duke, Kansas, ect. have been doing it for decades

give it time..we need to build a better reputation. being good at home for 3 years is not saying much when teams like UNC, Duke, Kansas, ect. have been doing it for decades

No, I understand that. I was going to say we don't have the history of the other big name schools, but at the same time 33 is something to be said for.

No, I understand that. I was going to say we don't have the history of the other big name schools, but at the same time 33 is something to be said for.

true statement...no better way of making a statement than to keep winning games.

true statement...no better way of making a statement than to keep winning games.
I wouldn't want to play Tennessee in Knoxville. Can you blame Calipari? Can you blame anyone? The excitement over there now reminds me of yesteryear when Ernie and Bernie were playing for the Vols on a cold, winter Saturday night. Go Vols!!

TBA will be known as one of the hardest places to play by the end of this decade.. mark it down..

I wouldn't want to play Tennessee in Knoxville. Can you blame Calipari? Can you blame anyone? The excitement over there now reminds me of yesteryear when Ernie and Bernie were playing for the Vols on a cold, winter Saturday night. Go Vols!!

On the way home yesterday, I heard Calipari on the radio pre-game show talking about how he told his players that they needed to play with intensity on every single possession. Of all the games they played last year, he chose the Tennessee game to illustrate his point. His words were, "Some of you here couldn't have been in that game." Smart man. Those players will be ready for a battle when they come to our house.
Just thought I'd add that tidbit for those interested.

On the way home yesterday, I heard Calipari on the radio pre-game show talking about how he told his players that they needed to play with intensity on every single possession. Of all the games they played last year, he chose the Tennessee game to illustrate his point. His words were, "Some of you here couldn't have been in that game." Smart man. Those players will be ready for a battle when they come to our house.
Just thought I'd add that tidbit for those interested.

Good stuff, MphsBlues. Speaking of intensity, I thought that last night they played as hard as they possibly could have against UTC. Even Prince was diving for loose balls. They were maniacs tracking down everything they could. I even thought Hopson stepped up his effort a good bit. They play incredibly hard for the Pearlmeister.

So realistically how many games do you think the streak will get to? Also, i was wondering what the longest home win streak currently and ever is, thanks.

This should be current...i had to update them since all 4 have won 1 game at home this year.

1 BYU - 48
2 Notre Dame - 38
3 Tennessee - 33

7 Vanderbilt - 20

home win streak that ended last year :)

1) Memphis vs Tennessee 02/23/2008 62-66 47

they were #1 at the time....

Kentucky held the longest ever home game winning streak at 129....but it was in the 40's and 50's.

VN Store

Back