3 seed is indefensible…shame on selection committee!!

I gotta ask you fellas a serious question - what do you care about that seed ?? Looks like we got a cakewalk all the way to final 8, and I like our shot to final four from where we are - in fact I think we got as easy a road as one could wish for.
Is the two seed a ding on your pride ?
Because otherwise, being upset that KY got a better seed seems silly to me - but that’s just me.
They are Kentucky and we are not. This is basketball. They outta get the nod. Same as in football if it were Bama.
It’s based off of this year. Not past years.

I gotta ask you fellas a serious question - what do you care about that seed ?? Looks like we got a cakewalk all the way to final 8, and I like our shot to final four from where we are - in fact I think we got as easy a road as one could wish for.
Is the two seed a ding on your pride ?
Because otherwise, being upset that KY got a better seed seems silly to me - but that’s just me.
They are Kentucky and we are not. This is basketball. They outta get the nod. Same as in football if it were Bama.
People are upset because we deserved to be a higher seed than them. Bottom line. We earned it more than they did. A better resume, beat them twice, etc….i like our chances as well but it’s obvious at least to me why people would be upset.

UK getting a 2 seed after we beat them twice is nothing short of Blue Blood biased from the NCAA
Absolutely we beat KY 2 times, Arizona and Auburn. I guess quality wins really don't matter, Total hose job but is anyone really surprised.

The funny thing is we were split on VN whether we would be a 2 seed or a 3 with a favorable draw

NCAA said screw both of those, take a 3 with Zona and Nova

Reactions: spyfish007
UK getting a 2 seed after we beat them twice is nothing short of Blue Blood biased from the NCAA
I expected nothing less...By the way did you see their route to the FF?...They could play their bench players and make it with that draw.

Agreed just start playing cupcakes in the non-conference schedule from now on.
Why? That improves are experience. Those games are a must for the team to grow. No chance we would be the team we are now without those matchups early in the season.

Reactions: walkenvol
The myth is that THE COMMITTEE knows anything. They don't. You can't tell me they are relying on that twit Lunardi and other projections. They all get it
into their heads early on who should be where--and then they stop paying attention late in the process (late season, conference tourneys).

The fact is the committee needs to be fixed.

They overvalue stuff in November/December (non-conference) and ignore Conference Tournaments. One thing that might help the SEC is finishing our Tournament on Saturday instead of Sunday. I think we need to move up the tournament a day.

Conference Schedules matter and should take more value. OOC games are way too over-valued.

It meant a ton to me today

Toward the NCAA seeding. They should just start out with Kansas, Duke, UK, Gonzaga as 1 seeds every year then work backwards from there. How many Q1 wins does Gonzaga have? What about the weak conference they play in? They have been rated #1 how many times without winning?? OK, vented, lets move forward, never thought we would be a 2 seed this season.

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back