3 out of 4?

Also, asking for a release doesn't definitively indicate that they were run off. They may be unsure, and want to check out other schools with the intention of allowing Tyndall to re-recruit them. They can't do that unless they are released.

Think what you want. I called this 3 hours ago so admitting I might have a little info on it would be wise.

Think what you want. I called this 3 hours ago so admitting I might have a little info on it would be wise.

I wish you'd cut it out with the self-righteous ego stroking BS.

I'm just speaking in a general sense. A player can ask out of his LOI in an attempt to contact other schools to gauge their interest and also allow the new coach to recruit him again. He can't do that bound by his LOI.

I never saw you "call it" 3 hours ago, nor did I insinuate that may or may not have a little info on it.

I have given you more latitude around here than most, but I'm starting to agree with the majority of posters who think you're a prick.

Reactions: 15 people

I'm just speaking in a general sense. A player can ask out of his LOI in an attempt to contact other schools to gauge their interest and also allow the new coach to recruit him again. He can't do that bound by his LOI.

I never saw you "call it" 3 hours ago, nor did I insinuate that may or may not have a little info on it.

I have given you more latitude around here than most, but I'm starting to agree with the majority of posters who think you're a prick.

That's fine.

I'm simply telling you now, they're not asking out of their LOI to give Tyndall a chance to re-recruit them, I can assure you of that.

Honestly I apologize, I'm not thrilled with what's transpired and really to be honest flat out pissed. Didn't mean to take my frustration out on you

Apology accepted. Now tell us what is going on? I assume Tyndall has informed all four signees that he has no plans of honoring their LOIs? Is that the gist of it?

Apology accepted. Now tell us what is going on? I assume Tyndall has informed all four signees that he has no plans of honoring their LOIs? Is that the gist of it?

I don't wanna say too much until everything goes public, but I'll say this...

It's my understanding that he didn't really make any of them feel wanted, or as if they were needed. To make a guy who's a vol legacy go from dripping orange out of every cut on him, to questioning whether or not he wants to be a Vol, you royally screwed up somewhere along the line.

Now maybe Tyndall knows it's a rebuild and wants to follow his pattern, 6-8 JUCOs to rebuild quickly, but we had 2 open scholarships. I would've rather seen 2-3 non contributors on the current roster parted with than 4 guys who I feel all could've fit well into this system.

Last edited by bleedingTNorange; Today at 11:21 AM..

??? Last edited? Wait. Did you change a comma to a period? Good thinking. It just wouldn't make any sense otherwise. :rolleyes:

I don't wanna say too much until everything goes public, but I'll say this...

It's my understanding that he didn't really make any of them feel wanted, or as if they were needed. To make a guy who's a vol legacy go from dripping orange out of every cut on him, to questioning whether or not he wants to be a Vol, you royally screwed up somewhere along the line.

Ok, to be clear, did he definitively say he wasn't going to honor their scholarships, or was it more of a sense that he was willing to do so, but made them feel unneeded?

And as a second part to that, is Cofer the 99% you referred to? If so, your wording above makes it seem as though he can still come if he chooses, but is wondering if he should based on not feeling wanted/needed.

Ok, to be clear, did he definitively say he wasn't going to honor their scholarships, or was it more of a sense that he was willing to do so, but made them feel unneeded?

And as a second part to that, is Cofer the 99% you referred to? If so, your wording above makes it seem as though he can still come if he chooses, but is wondering if he should based on not feeling wanted/needed.

I don't think he made any of them feel as if they were wanted

Its being speculated on the VQ that Cofer may be solid and so might the other 2. Still don't know yet but that is some speculation by Rob Lewis on VQ

If true, that's garbage. I get the reasoning behind wanting your own guys, but it's a little late in the game to be doing that now. We could be bad on a whole new level next season.

Maybe he has a change of heart, but Cofer is the only one I see as really even a possibility of being retained at this point.

Maybe he has a change of heart, but Cofer is the only one I see as really even a possibility of being retained at this point.

Well, if you could only choose one, he'd be the one I'd pick, but I loved Austin too, though I can see how Tyndall may not feel he fits his system.

JMO, but Tyndall is in a tough spot.

If the signed players want released from their LOI's and he doesn't honor it, he's the bad guy.

If they want to stay, but aren't made to feel welcome, then he's the bad guy.

If Donnie Tyndall doesn't think they fit what he wants to do then the best way to do that is to let them down easy without saying "we aren't honoring your LOI." Why let the kid come here and sit the bench and then realize he's made a mistake a year from now and lose eligibility?

All this is just my opinion and I can see if from both the coach and recruit point of view. We don't need to get overly emotional in either direction. Let Tyndall do his thing. If he's allowing kids to get a release, then I don't see how people can be mad at him. JMO. GBO.

Reactions: 2 people
JMO, but Tyndall is in a tough spot.

If the signed players want released from their LOI's and he doesn't honor it, he's the bad guy.

If they want to stay, but aren't made to feel welcome, then he's the bad guy.

If Donnie Tyndall doesn't think they fit what he wants to do then the best way to do that is to let them down easy without saying "we aren't honoring your LOI." Why let the kid come here and sit the bench and then realize he's made a mistake a year from now and lose eligibility?

All this is just my opinion and I can see if from both the coach and recruit point of view. We don't need to get overly emotional in either direction. Let Tyndall do his thing. If he's allowing kids to get a release, then I don't see how people can be mad at him. JMO. GBO.

Agreed, but he better have a good plan to fill the roster with talent.

nm

Last edited:
@MarkPancratz: I really hope fans for freak out about these recruits asking for their release. This is whats BEST for the program!

VN Store

Back