3 moves into the promised land!

I don’t disagree with any of your points, but the NBA has a long track record of drafting the athlete they perceive to have the highest ceiling. Based on his performance to date, KJ may improve his draft status by coming back another season

Reactions: cncchris33
I don’t disagree with any of your points, but the NBA has a long track record of drafting the athlete they perceive to have the highest ceiling. Based on his performance to date, KJ may improve his draft status by coming back another season

Agreed

He still may leave this year that’s for sure

Reactions: walkenvol

I feel like you completely contradicted yourself in 2 sentences. If he is viewed as a top 10 selection right now (which many analysts believe he is) then the NBA is betting on them being able to fix the flaws in his game and they believe they can fix it better than your college coaches can. Him coming back to school probably doesn't help his draft stock at all unless he ends up going off. I'm talking national player of the year status.

I know this is hard for people on these boards to understand, but a college basketball player can return, improve, and actually lower their draft stock as it pertains to the NBA.

If he wants to solidify his draft stock, he needs to up his free throw percentage more than anything. That % is viewed as the measuring stick for being able to develop into a good shooter or not. He already passes the athletic test. Everything else is viewed as fixable and not an issue to teams drafting in the lottery.

Really excited SV got out of his slump and boy oh boy I’m exited how much we are seeing him off the ball.

When i started this thread many posters suggested Springer wasn’t looking to pass and didn’t have his head up. There may have been some truth to that then but he is starting to have some seriously great vision out there. I am very excited about his development in that area

Really excited SV got out of his slump and boy oh boy I’m exited how much we are seeing him off the ball.

When i started this thread many posters suggested Springer wasn’t looking to pass and didn’t have his head up. There may have been some truth to that then but he is starting to have some seriously great vision out there. I am very excited about his development in that area
I touched on this in my postgame...

His vision is really good, and his ability to finish in the lane draws attention opening guys up outside as well is underneath for dropoffs...the issue is the 6to’s, as a team we only had 11, so he was responsible for more than half. Question if you’re Barnes is do you think more PT improves that? As I mention, I would continue to run those 2 at point and see how it goes, Vescovi is an assassin outside on kick outs and Bailey/James also shoot a high percentage on kick out 3’s.

As am I, still, 6 turnovers is too many, even with 6 assists. But, I have no doubt, he will improve on that next game, he just needs more experience running the show

His vision is really good, and his ability to finish in the lane draws attention opening guys up outside as well is underneath for dropoffs...the issue is the 6to’s, as a team we only had 11, so he was responsible for more than half. Question if you’re Barnes is do you think more PT improves that? As I mention, I would continue to run those 2 at point and see how it goes, Vescovi is an assassin outside on kick outs and Bailey/James also shoot a high percentage on kick out 3’s.
Yes, playing time improves that, imo.

There were 2 terrible inbound passes from Fulky and Pons to SV - who gets changed with those turnovers?

I think the rotation needs to stay about what it is. I don’t want to see the chemistry become an issue so I think it’s about right. The TOs won’t be a big issue going forward with springer

Springer May end up leading the country in FG% for a guard

While true he also handled the ball more tonight, so I think it’s fair to ask does that increase equate to increased turnovers for him?

Im not sure he handled it more tonight than other games. I think Keon played every bit as much “PG” as springer did in this game.

it seemed more Pg by committee to me
Today and honestly with that 3/4 court trap it was a Tandem much of the time bringing the ball up the court

Im not sure he handled it more tonight than other games. I think Keon played every bit as much “PG” as springer did in this game.

it seemed more Pg by committee to me
Today and honestly with that 3/4 court trap it was a Tandem much of the time bringing the ball up the court
We don’t necessarily run a “true PG” all the time, especially off rebounds or against press, but imo it was quite clear Springer handled the ball and created more in this game than any other...he also played 30 minutes which is a season high for him.

We don’t necessarily run a “true PG” all the time, especially off rebounds or against press, but imo it was quite clear Springer handled the ball and created more in this game than any other...he also played 30 minutes which is a season high for him.
I agree. He was the one with the ball in his hands making plays and creating on offense. He hasn't done that all season, so I'm chalking up the high TO rate to his inexperience, there. As I said, 2 of his TOs are hard to pin on him as he got put in a bad position thru no fault of his own. Two others were just freshman, mental errors. I only remember two TOs where he tried to overplay or force the action. On the whole, 6 TOs looks bad, but with some context, you can find room to believe he will reduce e that number.

I agree. He was the one with the ball in his hands making plays and creating on offense. He hasn't done that all season, so I'm chalking up the high TO rate to his inexperience, there. As I said, 2 of his TOs are hard to pin on him as he got put in a bad position thru no fault of his own. Two others were just freshman, mental errors. I only remember two TOs where he tried to overplay or force the action. On the whole, 6 TOs looks bad, but with some context, you can find room to believe he will reduce e that number.

Even freshman mistakes though are attributed to him...like I said, I would continue to run through him and Vescovi if I was Barnes and see how Springer does with more experience at the position. If he can keep the turnovers down around 2 a game then we should continue to give him minutes there imo.

Even freshman mistakes though are attributed to him...like I said, I would continue to run through him and Vescovi if I was Barnes and see how Springer does with more experience at the position. If he can keep the turnovers down around 2 a game then we should continue to give him minutes there imo.
No, certainly, they are still on him, but in his first real action of the season playing that role, I think you chalk it up to inexperience rather than assuming that is the norm for him

2 of the TOs were due to Vescovi putting him in a bad spot; the late inbound with Springer cutting hard to the basket that got him pinned deep and behind the basket, and SV trying to avoid the trap in the backcourt and passing over to Springer just over the timeline and on the sideline where he was immediately doubled. Hard to out this on Springer.

2 of the others were fluke plays due to inexperience and lack of focus; picking the ball up in the backcourt leading to the 10 sec violation, and dribbling off his foot running the clock out with 0:24 seconds left.

The other 2 were more typical of TOs that you just have to live with with an aggressive guard like Springer; the drive to the paint where he got stripped and the offensive foul on another drive. You hope with more experience he cuts those down.

As I said in another post, Vescovi had 9 TOs in his first action at PG, but we all knew that likely wasn't indicative of his potential, and with experience, he cut those down over time. Neither guy is a true PG, so we just have to likely live with some uncertainty there, at times.

No, certainly, they are still on him, but in his first real action of the season playing that role, I think you chalk it up to inexperience rather than assuming that is the norm for him

2 of the TOs were due to Vescovi putting him in a bad spot; the late inbound with Springer cutting hard to the basket that got him pinned deep and behind the basket, and SV trying to avoid the trap in the backcourt and passing over to Springer just over the timeline and on the sideline where he was immediately doubled. Hard to out this on Springer.

2 of the others were fluke plays due to inexperience and lack of focus; picking the ball up in the backcourt leading to the 10 sec violation, and dribbling off his foot running the clock out with 0:24 seconds left.

The other 2 were more typical of TOs that you just have to live with with an aggressive guard like Springer; the drive to the paint where he got stripped and the offensive foul on another drive. You hope with more experience he cuts those down.

As I said in another post, Vescovi had 9 TOs in his first action at PG, but we all knew that likely wasn't indicative of his potential, and with experience, he cut those down over time. Neither guy is a true PG, so we just have to likely live with some uncertainty there, at times.
Any place to catch a replay of the game ?

VN Store

Back