3-7 Mississippi State

Mississippi State WR Malik Heath jokes on Instagram about kicking Tulsa player in brawl

FORT WORTH, Texas – Malik Heath had three catches for 16 yards in Mississippi State's Armed Forces Bowl victory over Tulsa, but he appeared to be more proud of his involvement in the post-game brawl.

Heath was seen on video intentionally kicking a Tulsa player who was lying on the ground up around the face mask. Heath posted an Instagram video praising himself for the act and joking about it with his teammates in the locker room.

"MVP, MVP," Heath said while watching a video of the incident with his teammates. "Yo, come here (expletive). Get your little (expletive) down. Go back. Watch how I slam him there. Watch how I slam him there, come here. Go back. Watch how I slam him.

"Y'all, I go hard. Watch this. Watch this. Watch this, Malik. Boom. Get your (expletive expletive) down. (Expletive). Weak (expletive). Yeah, yeah, yeah."

Heath was charged with driving under the influence in August. Leach said there have not been discipline issues with his players for most of the season.

Mississippi State: Malik Heath jokes about brawl, kicking Tulsa player

Mississippi State WR Malik Heath jokes on Instagram about kicking Tulsa player in brawl

FORT WORTH, Texas – Malik Heath had three catches for 16 yards in Mississippi State's Armed Forces Bowl victory over Tulsa, but he appeared to be more proud of his involvement in the post-game brawl.

Heath was seen on video intentionally kicking a Tulsa player who was lying on the ground up around the face mask. Heath posted an Instagram video praising himself for the act and joking about it with his teammates in the locker room.

"MVP, MVP," Heath said while watching a video of the incident with his teammates. "Yo, come here (expletive). Get your little (expletive) down. Go back. Watch how I slam him there. Watch how I slam him there, come here. Go back. Watch how I slam him.

"Y'all, I go hard. Watch this. Watch this. Watch this, Malik. Boom. Get your (expletive expletive) down. (Expletive). Weak (expletive). Yeah, yeah, yeah."

Heath was charged with driving under the influence in August. Leach said there have not been discipline issues with his players for most of the season.

Mississippi State: Malik Heath jokes about brawl, kicking Tulsa player

If you watch video he does a drive by kick then runs away - I wouldn't be bragging about it if I were him

Reactions: A.J. and Plecoptera
What happened had nothing to do with football. Had to do with people who have never been taught to control themselves. If that happened on the street people would be in jail. To try and justify what happened as being part of football is disgusting.
I guess you’ve never gotten mad, lost your temper and got into a fight

What happened had nothing to do with football. Had to do with people who have never been taught to control themselves. If that happened on the street people would be in jail. To try and justify what happened as being part of football is disgusting.

Not if you live in NYC or a couple.other cities.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Lot of these guys grew up with brawling a part of life. Leach summed it up pretty well. No guns. No knives. Could have been worse. It is what it is. To get your fill of sissy angst just watch ESPN announcers the rest of the night wring out their hankies.
One of the announcers was really trying his best to insinuate that something vile, reprehensible, and personally offensive had to have been said to start the brawl. He was really fishing for a way to politicize it.

After I watched the tape that Leech hadn't seen, one dude just stepped on another shoes. Occam's razor wins again.

Reactions: Border Vol
Lol.... your athletic history must have occurred on the debate team.

Mississippi State made the hire that Tennessee should have made and Mike Leach will turn them around pretty quickly in my opinion.

I don't agree. Leach will probably never have the D to compete in the SEC. But, he could should he be smart enough to spend a ton on an ELITE DC!!!

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back