3 5 stars - so sad

UK and Duke didn’t make the tournament with several 5* players.

I’m aware Cal & Coach K have won National Championships but let’s not act like we’re the only team that didn’t win with 5* players.

Reactions: ptgrbn
They might be classified as high school 5-stars, but they are all unlikely to have more than a cup of coffee in the NBA.

Yet make more money in one year than most during an entire lifetime. I see your point though. Many lottery picks fail in the NBA.

Yet make more money in one year than most during an entire lifetime. I see your point though. Many lottery picks fail in the NBA.

Yes, and I’m not so sure that they are lottery picks. KJ lacks any semblance of and outside shot and JS isn’t that great from downtown. They have holes that they need to work on if they want to be NBA players for the long haul IMO.

Reactions: sccshortstop
UK and Duke didn’t make the tournament with several 5* players.

I’m aware Cal & Coach K have won National Championships but let’s not act like we’re the only team that didn’t win with 5* players.

They didn't have the upper classmen returning that we had either.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Yes, and I’m not so sure that they are lottery picks. KJ lacks any semblance of and outside shot and JS isn’t that great from downtown. They have holes that they need to work on if they want to be NBA players for the long haul IMO.

Keon is projected to be a lottery pick, goong anywhere from #7 to #10. That could change but they will get paid if selected in round one.

Both need to improve their outside shooting.

It’s hard to stomach that we have two lottery picks on this team. No one on this roster played like a first round draft pick this season let alone a lottery pick. Crazy that we’re going to watch two Vols get picked on draft night who essentially did nothing most of the season. What a colossal failure this year has been.

Keon is projected to be a lottery pick, goong anywhere from #7 to #10. That could change but they will get paid if selected in round one.

Both need to improve their outside shooting.

I really like him as a player, but KJ will be a bust if drafted pre-10.

JS likely starts in the G League. Ask Admiral and Bone how that works.

Reactions: Squaret and vol94
If so our coach must suck
Suck so much that he has won 700+ games in a career and was coach of the year just couple years ago or so. Much rather have the coach from Duke and Kentucky, oh wait they didn’t even make the tourney.

If so our coach must suck
Our coach can only do so much. He can teach them and coach them up all he wants, but when it’s game time the coach is stuck on the sidelines and it’s up to the players to play and use what they was shown during the year. Barnes doesn’t shoot, dribble, or play defense.

Reactions: 007Racer
Our coach can only do so much. He can teach them and coach them up all he wants, but when it’s game time the coach is stuck on the sidelines and it’s up to the players to play and use what they was shown during the year. Barnes doesn’t shoot, dribble, or play defense.
The product is the sum of the coaching, add it up.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
I really like him as a player, but KJ will be a bust if drafted pre-10.

JS likely starts in the G League. Ask Admiral and Bone how that works.
Grant sure is making a pretty good living only playing about 12-15 minutes a game off the bench. Remember Lonzo ball that shoots 30% from free throw line but is making a pretty good living also. Being drafted in the first round and being average is worth a lot more than staying in college for an “education”.

VN Store

Back