2nd Half Melt Down

royboyvol

Just wanted to get your guys opinion on something. Do you think it's a pattern or coincidence that we seem to have a hard time holding leads in the second half of games?

The Pitt game got a little too close down the stretch, and we were up by 14 or 15 against Oakland last night. It made me think back to the '07 game with Ohio State where we had the big lead.

As I was watching Pitt cut into the lead the other night, I was wondering if our inability to play with a lead has something to do with Bruce's coaching style, the type of player's he recruits, or just the psychology of playing ahead and that it's the same no matter where you are.

Anyway, I would be interested to hear if you guys think there's a reason for the second half struggles or if it's just a coincidence.

btw, I think I heard we were 0-10 from three in the second half.

It just seems that we aren't a very good ball control team, and when we try to take shots late in the shot clock, they aren't in rhythm and don't go in.

i classify oakland as a good team and good teams always make runs at you. it is how you handle these runs if you win the game or not. we did nor handle the pressure of their run at all well. poor free throw shooting, poor 3 point defense, poor defensive rebounding, etc--- you can't go 8 minutes and not make a field goal and win unless your up by 25. we'll get better at handling pressure of runs.

I think this team has mental toughness...they just need to learn to carry that toughness into every game. I think last night was more letdown from Saturday than anything. Thus, I am not losing any sleep over it. We just need to learn that we have to bring our "A" game every night, no matter who we are playing. We will be just fine.

I think this team has mental toughness...they just need to learn to carry that toughness into every game. I think last night was more letdown from Saturday than anything. Thus, I am not losing any sleep over it. We just need to learn that we have to bring our "A" game every night, no matter who we are playing. We will be just fine.

I agree with it being a letdown, but I'm just wondering if it has anything to do with our style or the way Bruce coaches that we have a more difficult time when we try to slow down the tempo.

VN Store

Back