28.7%...

What is Turner's shoulder injury? Is it a rotator cuff injury, or more like partial frozen shoulder or something?

Shoulders take months and months and months to heal.
I doubt it's a frozen shoulder. Probably would amount to some type of rotator cuff injury.

The problem is IMO, that we are asking two starters to play out of position. Fulky, a center? Not really, although he’s playing a ton better than I ever imagined. Turner as your primary PG, nah he’s more a shooter that can give you some minutes at point. Both are great energy guys, but not naturally in their positions. I just hope turner can continue to learn the point position and doesn’t worry about his shot that much, as long as he continues to shoulder his shot, he will never be that accurate. It’s like learning a new way to throw the football or a new golf swing, not gonna happen. If we could, Turner would sit this season out and rest. As it is, he’s by far the best “QB” of our offense. So we better hope for sorta healthy shoulder till March. And the likely miserable shooting that goes with it.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Turner is hurt...you can tell how he shoots free throws ..and his jump shot ... he's pushing ball up there.. he has to play we have no other points .. does the foreign kid start in Jan ?? I would have him a playbook .. learning some sets .. so he can spell Turner ...he is playing too many mins .. I have no idea what happend to Bowden .. no confidence . Pons too .. lost confidence ...

My opinion is that no one else is stepping up and Turner is forced to take more shots than anyone would like. Just a theory. In an ideal world, Turner has a bunch of assists and other guys are knocking down shots.
I tend to agree with this. Pons jumpshot has disappeared. Now hes working in the post more which is okay but I feel like its hurt his rythm with his jumper. Bowden is really a spot up shooter. He doesnt like to create off the dribble. So we basically have very little ability to shoot and are also limited down low. Personally I want to see more Pember/Gains. Get them more experience and ready for an awesome run next year.

Turner needs to finish this season. He's made a couple of great blocks on defense and his defense seems solid.

His shot looks like a mini shotput.

Does not need to be point guard. He is better playing off the ball.
Whatcha going do, man ? I agree, but James isn't ready yet and UT doesn't have anybody else. Almost makes me miss, Kwe Parker, almost. But damn, why did Bone have to leave ? Bone would have been an all-American, this year and UT would have won 25 games despite our obvious weaknesses, imo. Oh yeah, he got drafted and has a 50/50 contract with the Detroit Pistons and if not already a millionaire, will be. I guess that's a good reason, but man, I can see Bone making this UT team great.

The 47 points scored by Tennessee may be the fewest number of points that a CRB coached team has scored in his coaching career.

He shouldn't be playing point. He's a much better SG. Unfortunately, there isn't another option right now
Turner is a guy that is a great catch and shoot player, and if he’s open he’s a good fake shot dribble drive player. He is a SG not a PG, and we are seeing that. He’s trying to take too much responsibility on in every single game. If Vescovi can’t come in and play PG I say let JJJ take over the facilitating role the rest of the season and let him avg 9ppg 5apg 5rpg. That way turner can go back to what he did best last year, which was catch and shoot 3’s. You solve the PG issue early this year, and you become a much better team.

Reactions: vols 30 and old vol
Turner might be a better PG than a SG if his shoulder makes it difficult to raise his arms above his head. He's been a better shooter his first 3 years, but it might be much less painful for him to dribble and distribute than to shoot right now.

Until recently Pons and Fulk haven’t been “demanding” the ball. They should be working to get in position and demanding it. Also until recently James hasn’t even attempted a lot of shots. Only 6 players have even attempted 20 shots or more.........someone HAS to shoot the ball.

If Pons and Fulk aren’t demanding it, and if James isn’t going to shoot it, Bowden or Turner has too. That means Turner has to shoot the ball even if he is missing shots.

Olivier, Fulk, and James are going to have to shoot the ball more.........if not Turner will simply have to keep shooting the ball even if he is hurt and even if he is missing those shots.

I would also look for Pember to get more minutes, and he must take shots, and do so near the basket (a 2 bucket or getting fouled is almost automatic for him).

We can’t keep putting the blame on Turner. “Usually” when he runs the O it simply looks better, when he doesn’t......it tends to look ugly ( not withstanding those two ugly games when most everyone was off).

But he still gives Tennessee the chance to win games......like the VCU game. He also finds ways to score.....even when his shot isn’t falling. He certainly plays good D........and as I stated.........someone has to shoot the freakin ball.

Turner needs to focus more on being a passer and setting up the offense while being a ball hawk defensively.

Pons, Bowden and James can be the go to guys for baskets.

Reactions: calban
Whatcha going do, man ? I agree, but James isn't ready yet and UT doesn't have anybody else. Almost makes me miss, Kwe Parker, almost. But damn, why did Bone have to leave ? Bone would have been an all-American, this year and UT would have won 25 games despite our obvious weaknesses, imo. Oh yeah, he got drafted and has a 50/50 contract with the Detroit Pistons and if not already a millionaire, will be. I guess that's a good reason, but man, I can see Bone making this UT team great.

It would definitely be nice to have Bone right now, but its just not in the cards, so like you said Turner is the best option. I just hope James improves fast to help stabilize the point guard position. Even if he does, I don't see us winning many games shooting that poorly.

If I were the coach I think I’d shut Turner down completely for at least a couple of weeks, maybe three. I mean completely. No practice, no games, no worries — only very light therapy with medical staff. I think I’d give his body and brain a chance to re-boot.

Sometimes stepping away completely helps people refocus.
You do realize that he is the only ball handler on the team. I haven't heard many complaints about Barne's roster management at the point guard position which is a huge part of the problem along with Turner's shoulder.

Lamonte can barely raise his shoulder above his head, as been stated multiple times. That’s why his shot is broken right now.

At least he’s aggressive. And looks to take shots. I have a much bigger issue with how passive Bowden is.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Lamonte can barely raise his shoulder above his head, as been stated multiple times. That’s why his shot is broken right now.

At least he’s aggressive. And looks to take shots. I have a much bigger issue with how passive Bowden is.

I can’t even raise my shoulder above my head........I’ve tried.......wait....can I duck my head, if so then I might could do it.

People dissing Lamonte (and i agree about his shoulder injury) should go back and watch his games last year when it wasn't all on him to run point AND be looked at to score, he almost brought us to a win over Purdue in tourney just with shooting, defense, and hustle...i dont think it's simply a LEADERSHIP issue, as injuries and this team is just not as good as last years depth wise...and it shows...HOWEVER this team will still win 18-21 games and be in the tourney

I’m sure I could live with only one shoulder, I’ll donate mine.

Getting a shoulder amputated prob sucks. I mean you obviously can’t use the missing shoulder, but you prob will have a hard time using your arm...maybe even hand......heck I’m not even sure about the use of your fingers.

PS: your head may even have a slight lean.

Getting a shoulder amputated prob sucks. I mean you obviously can’t use the missing shoulder, but you prob will have a hard time using your arm...maybe even hand......heck I’m not even sure about the use of your fingers.

PS: your head may even have a slight lean.
Yeah, I’d probably only do it if it guarantees a national championship lol

Reactions: JoAllan
Turner was slow getting stats tonight, but I thought that he wasn't favoring his shoulder nearly as much as he was on Saturday. Maybe he won't fall apart before Santiago gets here.

VN Store

Back