27 players made their Tennessee debuts last week

We won't hear Orange Britches "year Zero" until after the first blowout loss.
Hope there aren’t any blowouts, I wasn’t trying to be negative. It just reminded me how Butch always gave updates on how many firsts we had each week.
There’s some stuff to clean up but I’m still on the bandwagon

Jack Jancek. The guy is tall, faster than you'd think, and has good hands. Would love to see him ball out this year get a scholarship.

Mostly will be watching the OL and DL because that's where the game is won or lost.

Hope there aren’t any blowouts, I wasn’t trying to be negative. It just reminded me how Butch always gave updates on how many firsts we had each week.
There’s some stuff to clean up but I’m still on the bandwagon
Was born and will die a Vols fan.
However, I have been knocked off of so many bandwagons that I will not get on another.
I fear Vol football has past the point of no return.

Probably priority #1 for BGSU going in other than winning the game. I see at least 4 back up OL's on that list. That's a good sign.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Spraggins. I have more or less a "policy" of not favoring particular players but have loved this guy since he committed.

Tremblay was a great surprise. IMHO, the interior DL for UT will be the most important position if UT is going to beat Pitt. Pressure up the middle can disrupt their run game and get Pickett off platform. If UT let's him stand in the pocket and throw or have to blitz constantly to get pressure then that's a big plus for them.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Was a bit surprised to see Merrill played. Thought they would attempt to red shirt him this year but maybe he’s too productive to sit?

Thx Freak for the stat on 27 debuts this past Saturday. That sure seems like more than normal. Wonder if we would have won with 28 new players...???

Hope the Baby Vols Kick Some Serious Cat Arse this Saturday!!

Reactions: BigDave
Sounds like a thread title from the Butch Jones era. 😂

Butch was the master when it came to infantilizing adult men to excuse a loss.

"When you consider that 20 of these players had never seen grass before today, 14 had never walked outside before this morning, 3 of them entered the game directly from their mother's womb, and 1 individual was a gamete until after half time . . . now that's what being a champion of life is all about."

Jack Jancek. The guy is tall, faster than you'd think, and has good hands. Would love to see him ball out this year get a scholarship.

Mostly will be watching the OL and DL because that's where the game is won or lost.

Didn’t he get in a game last year, or am I thinking of the spring game ?

Anyone you're anxious to see again against Pitt? And to keep this from becoming another quarterback thread, you can't say Milton. lol

E-tce7UVgAAiwQa

7 QB Joe Milton III
8 RB Tiyon Evans
3 WR Javonta Payton
10 LB Juwan Mitchell
14 DB Christian Charles
82 WR Andison Coby
53 OL Jeremiah Crawford
66 OL Dayne Davis
5 QB Hendon Hooker
31 LB Nick Humphrey
22 WR Jack Jancek
8 QB Bradley Jones
40 PK Chase McGrath
19 WR Wallker Merrill
35 DB Will Brooks
18 LB William Mohan
30 RB Marcus Peirce Jr.
71 JOL ames Robinson
28 DB De'Shawn Rucker
89 TE Hunter Salmon
95 DL Da'jon Terry
97 DL Caleb Tremblay
29 DB Brandon Turnage
27 RB Len'neth Whitehead
23 RB Jaylen Wright
36 DB William Wright
65 OL Parker Ball
18 Mohan n 95 Terry

Didn’t he get in a game last year, or am I thinking of the spring game ?

Yeah, he caught some long balls in O&W and you could literally see how much he wants to make it, but he didn't see the field last year. Got to root for this kind of effort.

jancek.JPG

One of four Knox Catholic players here with the Mays brothers and Barron.

Give me a 32 point win over Florida or Bama and I solemnly swear I will never complain again.
In 1995, I said the same thing …OCT. 14,1995 TENNESSEE 41, ALABAMA 14. Never complaining again is hard to do. At that time, I had no idea all we’d go through over the next 20+ years. 😐

In 1995, I said the same thing …OCT. 14,1995 TENNESSEE 41, ALABAMA 14. Never complaining again is hard to do. At that time, I had no idea all we’d go through over the next 20+ years. 😐
So it is all your fault? 😂

Spraggings pancaking, some Panthers play after play. Then after the game, offering them one of those mini bottles of Cracker Barrel maple syrup. And telling them it wasn't personal, he actually likes cats but didn't know patting them would make them fall aground and flatten.

I hope this happens, LOL !!

Go Vols !

VN Store

Back