#25 This Week

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
D4MtxtMW0AAgxKi.jpg:large

from the D1 Baseball chat transcript from earlier today:

Brock: Tennessee currently sits at 6-9 in the SEC with a top 10 RPI. I know there has been talk in recent years that conference teams need to be .500 or better to get an at-large bid. Do you think the Vols need to reach that 15 win mark or can they get in with 13 or 14 given the strength of their RPI?
Aaron Fitt: Yeah I think that .500 in conference talk is silly, and I certainly hope the committee doesn’t draw a line in the sand there, because I think that’s arbitrary and unfair, especially since plenty of teams have gotten in with 13 and 14 conference wins in the past. And yes, given Tennessee’s RPI and 9-9 record against the top 50 and some nice series wins, I do think it will be in if it gets to 14 SEC wins, and maybe even 13. But heck, I thought Kentucky should have gotten in last year with 13, and they were snubbed, so the Vols would feel a whole lot better about themselves if they could get a couple more than that.

from the D1 Baseball chat transcript from earlier today:

Brock: Tennessee currently sits at 6-9 in the SEC with a top 10 RPI. I know there has been talk in recent years that conference teams need to be .500 or better to get an at-large bid. Do you think the Vols need to reach that 15 win mark or can they get in with 13 or 14 given the strength of their RPI?
Aaron Fitt: Yeah I think that .500 in conference talk is silly, and I certainly hope the committee doesn’t draw a line in the sand there, because I think that’s arbitrary and unfair, especially since plenty of teams have gotten in with 13 and 14 conference wins in the past. And yes, given Tennessee’s RPI and 9-9 record against the top 50 and some nice series wins, I do think it will be in if it gets to 14 SEC wins, and maybe even 13. But heck, I thought Kentucky should have gotten in last year with 13, and they were snubbed, so the Vols would feel a whole lot better about themselves if they could get a couple more than that.

I personally think we’re in with 14. Sweating it out at 13. RPI should really help us.

they're very young and I wouldn't just count them out yet...

GO BIG ORANGE!
They are 1-8 vs ranked SEC teams and 1/2 of their conference wins came vs Alabama. Their road record is dismal 3-7
Looking at their schedule (@lsu, @Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, @Mizzou) I just don’t see 7 or 8 more conference wins for them.

Right now the tournament looks like this to me
locks
Vandy
Georgia
A&M
Miss St
Ole Miss
LSU
Ark

Some work to do but should make it
Mizzou
UT
Auburn

Then it gets iffy
Florida
USC
Kentucky

No Chance
Alabama

They are 1-8 vs ranked SEC teams and 1/2 of their conference wins came vs Alabama. Their road record is dismal 3-7
Looking at their schedule (@lsu, @Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, @Mizzou) I just don’t see 7 or 8 more conference wins for them.

Right now the tournament looks like this to me
locks
Vandy
Georgia
A&M
Miss St
Ole Miss
LSU
Ark

Some work to do but should make it
Mizzou
UT
Auburn

Then it gets iffy
Florida
USC
Kentucky

No Chance
Alabama

I thought MO was banned from the tourney this year?

VN Store

Back